United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-03-2018, 11:59 AM
flixton

Whatever else he was, Butch he certainly wasn't.

Unread 31-03-2018, 12:07 PM
RemisMoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Whatever else he was, Butch he certainly wasn't.
That was the ‘joke’ pal.

Seems like a nice bloke to me, hope he recovers.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43605259

Unread 31-03-2018, 02:40 PM
red in cumbria

Not looking good tbh

Unread 31-03-2018, 02:58 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Not looking good tbh
nah. deadman or at the best a veg. hope im wrong but he isn't the healthiest to make a recovery.

r.i.p

Unread 31-03-2018, 02:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
My word

Despite the crab references I think he was excellent for us the year before he went to AC Milan
Always assumed that the crab references said a lot more about the British game during that time than it did Wilkins.

Once dominated Platini at San Siro by all accounts

Unread 31-03-2018, 03:21 PM
irk

I always liked Ray Wilkins. although he always was about fifty inmy mind

Unread 02-04-2018, 11:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Always assumed that the crab references said a lot more about the British game during that time than it did Wilkins.

Once dominated Platini at San Siro by all accounts
British clubs had won more European trophies than any other country well into the 80s, despite Italian corruption and Madrid’s 5 in the fifties wh3n nobody was looking. Mostly, playing attractive football unlike the Italian shit on a stick that you accuse Jose of.

“By all accounts” when in doubt, make it up. Wilkins had one decent season in his career; the season he knew was his last at OT after he’d committed to Milan. Cowardly £#%&!er couldn’t cop the responsibility. Nice bloke though, tbf. Just lacked a bit of courage.

Unread 02-04-2018, 11:49 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
“By all accounts” when in doubt, make it up.
By all accounts means going on the word of others, pal. It doesn't mean it's made up - it means that you weren't there to see it.

As for the rest, I wouldn't take your word re footie mate.

Obviously there's a good chance that Graham Taylor's hoofball Watford finishing runners-up to the back-passing Liverpool side of the early '80s was just a blip in an otherwise footballing golden age, but I'll stick with my original assertion if that's alright.

Unread 02-04-2018, 11:51 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
By all accounts means going on the word of others, pal. It doesn't mean it's made up - it means that you weren't there to see it.

Obviously there's a good chance that Graham Taylor's hoofball Watford finishing runners-up to the back-passing Liverpool side of the early '80s was just a blip in an otherwise footballing golden age, but I'll stick with my original assertion if that's alright.

Unread 02-04-2018, 05:56 PM
believe

Quote:

Unread 02-04-2018, 07:05 PM
ScarFace

He looked like shit on the football Italia doc. Didn't even iron his clothes.

Unread 03-04-2018, 11:07 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Couldn’t be more wrong yet you have the arrogance to state the absolute opposite, in your ignorance. Where you’re concerned it means digging out a narrative to suit your tedious, perpetual filling out your empty days... and there you go “you weren’t there to see it”. Truth: I was. You weren’t. I know you’ll just stick with your ignorance. You know no better.

“The word of others”? More bullshit. “Others”. Top marks for that one. British clubs were not the ones parking the bus in those days, just to put to bed your sensitivity re: pretty football. Graham Taylor? aaah, typical of the English game. You forgot David Bassett, Joe Kinnear etc. Giants of the English game. They led the way.

We obviously like to downplay Liverpools achievements in that era (spot the closet dipper) but they were well ahead of any other side in Europe considering... cba.. etc

Italians played ugly “park the bus” yet their clubs were admired for being canny, aided in no small part by sugar daddies and corruption, proven and unproven. Take note, Jose.

Madrid were the only Spanish team that had won European Cups (largely in the 50s) and English teams suffered a ban on playing in Europe, yet still led the way despite that. But Ray Wilkins, one cup medal, was the torch bearer for LVG, probably.

Do one mate... and say hi to your #@&%! sucking Bunksie.

Unread 03-04-2018, 02:05 PM
S/Side.Red

Unread 03-04-2018, 05:04 PM
red in cumbria

Anyway.......any updates?

Unread 03-04-2018, 05:05 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Not looking good tbh
Quote:
Anyway.......any updates?

Ghoul

Unread 03-04-2018, 05:14 PM
red in cumbria

Just bringing the thread back on topic, pal.

Unread 03-04-2018, 05:23 PM
andyroo

Never seen Irwellers this rattled.

Unread 03-04-2018, 05:32 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Ghoul
nailed on that riccers is a professional funeral goer.

"i didn't know him, no, but i'm sure we would've got on like a house on fire"

"he died in a house fire"

"that's terrible...are there any vol-au-vents?"

Unread 03-04-2018, 05:46 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Never seen Irwellers this rattled.
Didn't know he hated Ray Wilkins so much tbh.

Unread 03-04-2018, 06:55 PM
Baron

There was a story going around that when Butch was coaching at Chelsea with Vialli (I think) he was tea-bagged by one of the lads whilst passed out on a sun lounger in Dubai (Not much coaching was going on).

I think that’s how he’d like to be remembered.
Closed Thread