United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-03-2018, 10:31 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's not the players that are different; it's the exposure. Giggsy would have been an Insta lad back in the day nqat.

The big difference is that, like Neymar, he'd back it up on the pitch. Pogba doesn't. Which makes his attention seeking more cringey.
if you started playing neymar holding midfield, i assure you he wouldn't be backing it up on the pitch - he'd be made to look stupid

Unread 28-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Billy Redface

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
One of the most overrated footballers in world football....

Needs to improve quickly.....

Brought nothing to the table since he signed. ..
Corrected pal

Unread 28-03-2018, 10:46 PM
Cream

Quote:
It's not the players that are different; it's the exposure. Giggsy would have been an Insta lad back in the day nqat.

The big difference is that, like Neymar, he'd back it up on the pitch. Pogba doesn't. Which makes his attention seeking more cringey.
Giggs and Scholes didn't always perform. Pogba was great in the first half of the season. Everyone just needs to chill.

The stories surrounding the injury, extracurricular activity or whatever it was, is another matter.

I don't think social media stuff has any bearing on his performances whatsoever.

Unread 28-03-2018, 11:31 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
His off field persona is part of how the game is changing. Just something we gotta get used to. People of his and Neymar generation are very different to the Giggs and Scholesys of 20 years ago....
Are we labelling every generation based on 1 or two examples now? There were attention seeking #@&%!s in Scholes’ generation and there’s the same in Pogba’s, just as pogba’s generation will have dedicated pros. Can’t see Scholes living it up on social media making attention seeking marketing videos if he was part of pogba’s generation somehow.

There’s always been the problem of players getting too involved in off the field activities and losing focus on what they should be doing. Christ, even Glenn hoddle was talking about it happening to him in the 70s and 80s before someone setting him straight and he got the balance right. Pogba is past that age now. He’s 25 ffs.

Unread 28-03-2018, 11:59 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Are we labelling every generation based on 1 or two examples now? There were attention seeking #@&%!s in Scholes’ generation and there’s the same in Pogba’s, just as pogba’s generation will have dedicated pros. Can’t see Scholes living it up on social media making attention seeking marketing videos if he was part of pogba’s generation somehow.

There’s always been the problem of players getting too involved in off the field activities and losing focus on what they should be doing. Christ, even Glenn hoddle was talking about it happening to him in the 70s and 80s before someone setting him straight and he got the balance right. Pogba is past that age now. He’s 25 ffs.
Very good point. In every sport ever there's been good players who got over hyped and then went to shit. It's not a new thing and happens in all sports. He's deffo over hyping at the mo.

Unread 29-03-2018, 04:02 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He’s supposedly world class, so in which games has he been world class in the 49 Times he’s pulled in the shirt.....
He has had plenty of good games for us. The point I am making is that he has not been full on shit. Hasn’t been incredible either, but then I never suggested that he had.

Unread 29-03-2018, 04:26 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger

Hoddle balanced and who the £#%&! set him straight ?

The £#%&!er was 30 when he released his magnum opus

Unread 29-03-2018, 08:09 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WACF8ID-To

Hoddle balanced and who the £#%&! set him straight ?

The £#%&!er was 30 when he released his magnum opus
He didn’t say he gave up all off field activities altogether. Just that he balanced it better and focused on the football first. Even mentioned the song as an example of still doing occasional off the field stuff, but it wasn’t at the expense of his focus on the football.

Unread 29-03-2018, 08:26 AM
windy waffles

Saffers, you respect him because he choose to come here? He only came here because no one else would pay him £300k per week and put up with his bullshit...

Is he still going to doing all his dancing shit when he is 32?

He's put in, literally, about 5 'great' performances in since he has been here. Not good enough.

Unread 29-03-2018, 09:43 AM
Stone Monkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Would you have play Lampard or Gerrard in a midfield 2?

How well did Xavi & Iniesta play in 2's?

It's non-£#%&!ing-sensical to play certain players, with very specific qualities, in formations that clearly limit their contribution & also £#%&!s with the way the rest of the side compensates.

Jose is a #@&%! for persevering with this 4-2-3-1 formation, an absolute abomination of use of personnel.

Pogba might not do some simple things like track a runner or hold his position, stick his boot in etc, but frankly would you have used Zidane like that? It's mental. Use him as he was at Juve or with France (actually, Deschamps is equally as culpable as Jose for his mis-use of quality attacking players but at least he does tend to free Pogba to contribute further - helps having Kante I suppose).

Pogba is a Rolls Royce of a player, quite why anyone would use him as a water carrier is beyond me. Absolute £#%&!ery of the highest order.

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:05 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
if you started playing neymar holding midfield, i assure you he wouldn't be backing it up on the pitch - he'd be made to look stupid
I hear you and I don't like the way he's deployed, but not only has there been a clear deterioration in his performances even within that position, but when a player resorts to just strolling around and seeming like he's lost interest it's a big concern.

I've heard that his off the pitch demeanour and attitude is far from great so regardless of where he thinks he should be played, I'd say people need to back Mourinho in this particular issue. What Dugarry said feels right - it looks as if Pogba has lost all focus at the moment.

Unread 29-03-2018, 10:37 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
I hear you and I don't like the way he's deployed, but not only has there been a clear deterioration in his performances even within that position, but when a player resorts to just strolling around and seeming like he's lost interest it's a big concern.

I've heard that his off the pitch demeanour and attitude is far from great so regardless of where he thinks he should be played, I'd say people need to back Mourinho in this particular issue. What Dugarry said feels right - it looks as if Pogba has lost all focus at the moment.

From who...

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:00 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
From who...
I don't snitch pal.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:04 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
From who...
Danny Taylor.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:10 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Danny Taylor.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:12 AM
Wellinever

Default Growing up in the spotlight -hard to do!

Pogba's world has changed in the last few years.
From being 'the talented kid' with no specific responsibilities and surrounded by world class players at Juventus, he almost overnight became the top transfer figure at one of the worlds leading clubs, asked to shoulder responsibilities in positional play , creative endeavour and also for a period as captain.
The death of his father, the arrival of another super-star (reputedly on more money), the unrelenting media coverage of his every move, every hair cut, have all added to his primary responsibility which is to grow up; but doing it in the spotlight is not easy.
Good luck Paul.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:18 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Danny Taylor.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:19 AM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:20 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Just admit it, Daniel.

Unread 29-03-2018, 11:26 AM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellinever
Pogba's world has changed in the last few years.
From being 'the talented kid' with no specific responsibilities and surrounded by world class players at Juventus, he almost overnight became the top transfer figure at one of the worlds leading clubs, asked to shoulder responsibilities in positional play , creative endeavour and also for a period as captain.
The death of his father, the arrival of another super-star (reputedly on more money), the unrelenting media coverage of his every move, every hair cut, have all added to his primary responsibility which is to grow up; but doing it in the spotlight is not easy.
Good luck Paul.
He's 25.

And give me a rest about shouldering responsibility as if its a burden. He's not being asked to work 15 hour days on the farm. All we want is for him to turn up for 90 minutes now and again. What he does besides is irrelevant so long as he does his £#%&!ing job.
Closed Thread