United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 10-04-2018, 10:18 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Where should he be playing and is he good enough to justify building your entire side off his limitations? I have doubts over the latter due to his glaring inconsistency.
In a midfield three, with Lukaku (if we must) as the no.9, Sanchez right, and then Martial or Rashford on the left.

Matic holds, Herrera as it stands is the only other midfield option but proves why we need to have at least two very decent options in there. You can then either play 2 defensive (disciplined) players holding & free Pogba in bigger games, or just one holding & two progressive against the fodder. Which is most of this league. Either way, I wouldn't totally absolve him of his responsibilities but I would definitely find the position that gets the most out of him, which to my mind is beyond the halfway line & pushing to makes runs or have a dig from distance. With feet as good as his you'll get more free kicks, better quality of passing for the final ball as well as some physical presence in the box if he arrives late. It's nothing more than a huge waste to see him in our own half so often.

He absolutely has been inconsistent, but rather than continue to exacerbate that he should be deployed somewhere his talent makes sense. You have to trust in the players to come good, not thrash it out of them plotted 30 yards from our own net.

I wouldn't say it was building the side around him either, it's just a very good player in the best formation our personnel fits. 4-3-3 should be mandatory until we get better players in the summer.

Unread 10-04-2018, 12:39 PM
Child of Darkness

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
In a midfield three, with Lukaku (if we must) as the no.9, Sanchez right, and then Martial or Rashford on the left.

Matic holds, Herrera as it stands is the only other midfield option but proves why we need to have at least two very decent options in there. You can then either play 2 defensive (disciplined) players holding & free Pogba in bigger games, or just one holding & two progressive against the fodder. Which is most of this league. Either way, I wouldn't totally absolve him of his responsibilities but I would definitely find the position that gets the most out of him, which to my mind is beyond the halfway line & pushing to makes runs or have a dig from distance. With feet as good as his you'll get more free kicks, better quality of passing for the final ball as well as some physical presence in the box if he arrives late. It's nothing more than a huge waste to see him in our own half so often.

He absolutely has been inconsistent, but rather than continue to exacerbate that he should be deployed somewhere his talent makes sense. You have to trust in the players to come good, not thrash it out of them plotted 30 yards from our own net.

I wouldn't say it was building the side around him either, it's just a very good player in the best formation our personnel fits. 4-3-3 should be mandatory until we get better players in the summer.
Great post

Unread 10-04-2018, 12:56 PM
puressence

Let him roam we have enough players to let him just play his game he offers so much more going forward Herrera should be a shoe in the team to help matic pogba 10 to 15 goals with more assists if he’s left to play

Unread 10-04-2018, 01:49 PM
sa7

"Shoe in"

Unread 10-04-2018, 02:23 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
"Shoe in"

Hang on, what’s wrong with that?

Unread 10-04-2018, 03:00 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Hang on, what’s wrong with that?
Should be "shoo-in" but there's conjecture around the etymology & "shoe in" is also used.

Unread 10-04-2018, 03:04 PM
Seamus

Herrrera isn’t good enough, he’s a squad player at best

Unread 10-04-2018, 05:14 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
Herrrera isn’t good enough, he’s a squad player at best
Agreed. Had a decent 2nd half on Saturday but countless timed this season has lacked influence.

Unread 10-04-2018, 06:14 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
Agreed. Had a decent 2nd half on Saturday but countless timed this season has lacked influence.
Yeah, he's our new Ashley Young or something like that

Unread 10-04-2018, 06:44 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

State.

What do you do for a living, pal? Presume it’s a relatively high level of coaching/management within the upper echelons of the game, seeing as you’ve got all the answers that Jose Mourinho is looking for.
Closed Thread