United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:21 PM
gbmufc

Wages cut, some paid by Man Utd: The latest on Rooney to Everton
Leave a comment
By Nicholas MendolaJul 7, 2017, 4:06 PM EDT

The latest on Wayne Rooney‘s proposed move back home to Everton is that each new story seems to point toward a near certainty of England’s all-time leading scorer donning the Toffees’ blue.

Rooney, 31, is said to be ready to take a pay cut to help make the move happen, according to Sky Sports, while the BBC says Manchester United could pay part of his wages in addition to letting Rooney walk for no transfer fee.

United is doing almost everything to make the risks of adding Rooney minimal to Everton. While the subplots will remain major should the living legend be unable to make a dent in the Toffees’ plans, the money at least will be less of a hindrance.

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:23 PM
andyroo

Paying him to play for someone else

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:23 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Roma bought Batistuta for £23.5m when he was 31, 17 £#%&!ing years ago
What a £#%&!ing player he was.

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:25 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Paying him to play for someone else
Think we did with Nani IIRC

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:30 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
Think we did with Nani IIRC
We did.

Nani was still worth something though.

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:31 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Like an ex that used to be a demon in the sack before she got lazy. Finally united can give him the recognition he deserves. the best debut I ever saw was the fenerbache game. Ripped his collar because his neck was too big for the shirt, then proceeded to score a hat trick

Remember Thuram asking who Rooney was pre euros then getting absolutely blitzed. Thanks for the memories, would be lovely if you rediscovered some form next year
He's still the best teenager I've ever seen.

Between the ages of 16-19 he was better than both Messi and Ronaldo at the same stage of their careers. The debut goal against Arsenal, tearing up Euro 2004, the Fenerbache hat-trick debut. He was utterly phenomenal.

Got better and better into his mid 20s, including the incredible performances he put in week-in-week-out between 2006-2009 as an integral part of arguably our greatest ever side.

So many great memories. I adored his on-field link-up with Ronaldo - the two of them were sensational together; chuck in Tevez in 2007/08 and the resultant trio became what was probably my favourite ever United attack. Record-breaking legend and all-time top goalscorer for United and England, all whilst winning every club trophy imaginable. Not bad for a lad that peaked by the age of 26.

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:35 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Between the ages of 16-19 he was better than both Messi and Ronaldo at the same stage of their careers. The debut goal against Arsenal, tearing up Euro 2004, the Fenerbache hat-trick debut. He was utterly phenomenal.

Got better and better into his mid 20s, including the incredible performances he put in week-in-week-out between 2006-2009 as an integral part of arguably our greatest ever side.

So many great memories. I adored his on-field link-up with Ronaldo - the two of them were sensational together; chuck in Tevez in 2007/08 and the resultant trio became what was probably my favourite ever United attack. Record-breaking legend and all-time top goalscorer for United and England, all whilst winning every club trophy imaginable. Not bad for a lad that peaked by the age of 26.
You think Neo's a @#%&! then he drags you back in

One of the best players I've seen home and away...

His record will never be beaten in our life time..

Legend 253

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:37 PM
believe

Can't recognise neo this week, absolutely nailed it

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:43 PM
rogieop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
There's 350,000 reasons (a bloody week) we've had to let him go for nothing.
We need to be calling his bluff there. £#%&! him. Tell him if hes not willing to take a massive paycut to play for someone else he can sit in the reserves for a season. Make no mistake he wants to go to the world cup next year.

Sick of us getting shafted on selling players.

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:48 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop
We need to be calling his bluff there. £#%&! him. Tell him if hes not willing to take a massive paycut to play for someone else he can sit in the reserves for a season. Make no mistake he wants to go to the world cup next year.

State

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:53 PM
Buck

I'd say Ronaldo [R9] was the best teenager I've seen but on the whole agree with that post. He was a great all round player with an edge about him which is a rare gift to combine. We can now look back on him with fond memories rather than sigh at what he has become with great mileage clocked.

Probably will feel reinvigorated and relieved to get away from the relentless spotlight. Hope he does well and bangs in the merseyside derby.

Unread 07-07-2017, 09:58 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogieop

Jesus. I don't know what's worse, paying him to play for someone else or paying him to not play for us.

Unread 07-07-2017, 10:01 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
I'd say Ronaldo [R9] was the best teenager I've seen but on the whole agree with that post. He was a great all round player with an edge about him which is a rare gift to combine. We can now look back on him with fond memories rather than sigh at what he has become with great mileage clocked.

Probably will feel reinvigorated and relieved to get away from the relentless spotlight. Hope he does well and bangs in the merseyside derby.
No need for that pal

Unread 07-07-2017, 10:07 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Used to work in Liverpool and a lot of the Everton went on and on about this young lad who I'm pretty sure had played in a 5-a-side match at pitz soccer against us some years earlier and absolutely destroyed us.

Still didn't see what the fuss was about until his debut for us. A £#%&!ing beast of a player - easily one of the best I've ever seen.

Wazza

Unread 07-07-2017, 10:18 PM
wiganste

Thanks for the memories Wayne. United legend, wish him well.

Honestly don't get the hate folk have for him. He's not as good as he used to be but £#%&!ing hell, he was magnificent for us and will go down as an all time great

Unread 07-07-2017, 10:22 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Honestly don't get the hate folk have for him. He's not as good as he used to be but £#%&!ing hell, he was magnificent for us and will go down as an all time great
The flirting with the berts about 7 years ago didn't do him any favours.

Plus the slapped arse face on the 2013 title winning bus parade on top.

Unread 07-07-2017, 10:24 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
The flirting with the berts about 7 years ago didn't do him any favours.

Plus the slapped arse face on the 2013 title winning bus parade on top.
Still going on about that? Like he's the only player to ever consider leaving.

Unread 07-07-2017, 10:24 PM
20 times

Quote:

Yep. He's finished and he should leave but there's no need to be so bitter and angry. He's our top scorer. Ever. Look back on the positives instead you miserable bastards

Unread 07-07-2017, 10:25 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Used to work in Liverpool and a lot of the Everton went on and on about this young lad who I'm pretty sure had played in a 5-a-side match at pitz soccer against us some years earlier and absolutely destroyed us.

Still didn't see what the fuss was about until his debut for us. A £#%&!ing beast of a player - easily one of the best I've ever seen.

Wazza
Did you miss him coming on at halftime for everton against us?
We were battering them, and he was like a one man team. Completely head and shoulders above the dross they had playing for them.

Unread 07-07-2017, 10:26 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Still going on about that? Like he's the only player to ever consider leaving.
No me personally

I was just pointing it out
Closed Thread