United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2018, 07:21 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Put it this way

vertongen, Delli Alli, Eriksen and Dier combined cost less than Lindelof.

That's pretty good going whichever way you paint it.
Absolutely. I've been jealous of them at times too if I'm honest. Even Eriksen was excellent yesterday though didn't have a lot of help.

Unread 22-04-2018, 07:58 PM
Sandman

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
I don't think their football is all that either. They are good in the first 20 mins of games but after that not so much. And it's not some great way of playing football it's just high energy.
I was thinking the same while watching yesterday, I haven't seen them play this season apart from the games against us, so I can't judge what they've been like the rest of the time.

Unread 22-04-2018, 08:06 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Put it this way

vertongen, Delli Alli, Eriksen and Dier combined cost less than Lindelof.

That's pretty good going whichever way you paint it.
when we try to sign a player the fee trebles because of who we are........ That goes with being one of the biggest names in football. Spurs got Eriksen from Ajax for about 12 million, if we had of bid then Ajax would be looking at double that........We very rarely now days get bargains..

Unread 22-04-2018, 09:56 PM
S/Side.Red

Done an excellent job, silly to deny it imo. But surely he needs to start looking elsewhere. They punch above their weight, but there will probably always be a team who perform better than them each year; it's hard to see them winning a league title with their constraints.

Unread 22-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Done an excellent job, silly to deny it imo. But surely he needs to start looking elsewhere. They punch above their weight, but there will probably always be a team who perform better than them each year; it's hard to see them winning a league title with their constraints.
Like Leicester?

Unread 22-04-2018, 11:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Like Leicester?

Yes. That should be a the job spec for managers at interviews from now on. "Couldn't do what Leicester did could you, pal?"

Stop hating Spurs, fella. It's a bit smalltime.

Unread 22-04-2018, 11:19 PM
armchair

Quote:
Yes. That should be a the job spec for managers at interviews from now on. "Couldn't do what Leicester did could you, pal?"

what people are saying is why couldn't spurs have won the league that year.

we can understand how shit arsenal, utd, chelsea, city were that season but why were leicester able to take advantage but super spurs weren't? why was a team with lesser players and very basic tactics able to out do him in the season he has the clearest run on winning something?

he overachieved at soton and underachieved at spurs.

he's like if klopp and simeone had a special needs child

Unread 22-04-2018, 11:34 PM
Cream

Quote:

Quite like Spurs, always have.

What I don't like is Pochettino pissing on my boots and trendy fans telling me it's raining.

Think on now.

Unread 22-04-2018, 11:42 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

we can understand how shit arsenal, utd, chelsea, city were that season but why were leicester able to take advantage but super spurs weren't? why was a team with lesser players and very basic tactics able to out do him in the season he has the clearest run on winning something?

Spurs should have won it that year and they should have beaten us yesterday given their 1st half dominance. But they’re shit houses and that’s on the manager. He’s 4 years in now - has them playing well but he should have bagged something by now or at least have been horrifically unlucky not to.

That’s my only question mark about him - but it’s a fairly big one tbh.

Unread 23-04-2018, 12:20 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
Here's some hack throwing one off the wrist all over Pochettino and explaining why he doesn't need to win trophies

https://www.theguardian.com/football...cio-pochettino
Quote:
Spurs had this game in the bag
Well, about as much as being 1-0 up after 15 minutes against a team of similar quality can be considered having the game in the bag then yes they did.

They really are such valueless, parasitic little shitheads football “Journalists” aren’t they?

Unread 23-04-2018, 12:36 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Pointing to the biggest footballing anomaly of recent times is hardly a solid argument though is it? That same season Mourinho tried to relegate the champions, which was equally a freak occurrence. Spurs don't win the league because Spurs don't historically win leagues.

Generally Poch has brought Spurs on plenty since he took over from Sherwood. Why is losing to United such a damning result?

Unread 23-04-2018, 01:32 AM
armchair

Quote:
Pointing to the biggest footballing anomaly of recent times is hardly a solid argument though is it? [1]That same season Mourinho tried to relegate the champions, which was equally a freak occurrence. Spurs don't win the league because Spurs don't historically win leagues.

Generally Poch has brought Spurs on plenty since he took over from Sherwood. Why is losing to United such a damning result?[2]
I've numbered your questions because I feel they deserve to to addressed individually.

I'd like to say ahead of me answering them that you are a fraud.

Unread 23-04-2018, 07:36 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Pointing to the biggest footballing anomaly of recent times is hardly a solid argument though is it? That same season Mourinho tried to relegate the champions, which was equally a freak occurrence. Spurs don't win the league because Spurs don't historically win leagues.

Generally Poch has brought Spurs on plenty since he took over from Sherwood. Why is losing to United such a damning result?
It’s not just the league, they don’t win anything even journos who dribble over spurs have noticed.

Not sure that can be in dispute. Pretty sure a team like spurs should be able to win the Carabao cup.

Unread 23-04-2018, 08:37 AM
Luffy

TBF the game against us shouldn't count against him too much. Thats like saying if Chelsea smash us in the final Jose has lost it. That's the thing with cup games shit can happen.

What should count against poch is he's seen the likes of city, utd, Liverpool, arsenal and Chelsea go through massive slumps, many of whom have come out the other end and overtaken him again. They've lost ground this season.

TBF he had some players like walker jump ship with rose and possibly others like alderwireld trying to follow on the sly. You get the sense a lot of people including the players feel like this squads time is up.

Unread 23-04-2018, 09:18 AM
Wellinever

Default Pochettino's future - ' Blowing in the wind'?

Pochettino's post match comments seem to suggest his future at Spurs maybe 'blowing in the wind'?

He talked about the club having to change, presumably its mentality (that not winning trophies is OK) over a period, and suggested that might take longer to accomplish than his time at the club?

Does that sound like it could be construed as a pre-resignation speech?

Unread 23-04-2018, 09:24 AM
Pop

The thread title reads as if it was penned by the writer of "How did I get here?" by Fernando Torres.

Unread 23-04-2018, 09:31 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
I've numbered your questions because I feel they deserve to to addressed individually.

Poch has done well, built a squad on a relative 'budget' and they play ok football.

But he's (and as with United, I presume all blame is laid at the managers door) also had plenty of opportunities to win a pot, and in that respect he's 'failed' relative to what a so called big club - as spurs are - should have done. In the same way that Liverpool have been utterly abject failures for over a decade.

Look at the amount of shit mourinho has had over the last 2 seasons, and he's won 2.5 trophies and in another final, as well as looking like he's coming 2nd in the league. Yet Poch can do no wrong. Baffling.

Unread 23-04-2018, 09:33 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
The thread title reads as if it was penned by the writer of "How did I get here?" by Fernando Torres.
That was a nice piece of work

Unread 23-04-2018, 10:13 AM
Cream

Quote:

Quote:

Unread 23-04-2018, 11:48 AM
saffers

Quote:

Maybe because many people claim Spurs are much better than United and that Pochettino should replace Mourinho?
Closed Thread