Closed Thread

Unread 22-04-2018, 08:55 AM
Wellinever

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Jesse

Top player

His movement is incredible.
Agreed Lingard is United's best player, without the ball.
Jessie's runs off the ball cause confusion amongst defences and now with Pogba and Sanchez insights available to' find him' with the ball, he can hope for better opportunities.
He's not a natural born finisher though, which gives both Rashford and Martial a chance to elbow him out.
Think yesterdays first XI, close to what Mourhino sees as his best team (at the moment)

Unread 22-04-2018, 09:03 AM
Billy Redface

Lingard has improved to the point of being useful. He can score goals and moves the ball quickly, something we are desperately short of.

But he started as non-entity capable of the occasional 30 yard screamer.

He's still piss-weak physically and his final ball is wildly inconsistent considering he's often playing the creative role.

He's improved. I'm happy to have him around and he offers something, but he's still not the long-term answer.

An upgrade needed.

Same with Valencia, Young and Herrera.

Unread 22-04-2018, 11:18 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Can’t knock him at all this year for his efforts but he’d be nowhere bear the team if we had players capable of pushing us towards the league and CL.
Should be a valuable squad member next year but i'll be surprised if he's still starting for us deep into next season. If Martial and Rashy step up they should displace him, more talented players.

Unread 22-04-2018, 11:39 AM
puressence

How you can find fault in Jesse is beyond me probably the best youth talent to appear consistently since Scholes

Unread 22-04-2018, 11:43 AM
Sparky***

Got kicked off the pitch yesterday by some of the most snidey tackles i've seen

Unread 22-04-2018, 11:56 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Yep interesting to note it was his England Team Mates. Alli and dier. That dier one looked particularly nasty down his Achilles

Unread 22-04-2018, 11:59 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
How you can find fault in Jesse is beyond me probably the best youth talent to appear consistently since Scholes
LoL

Unread 22-04-2018, 12:01 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
There was a unusual amount of what looked like the raking of Achilles / ankles yesterday, one can only imagine the kerfuffle if we were doing it instead of lovely Tottenham

Unread 22-04-2018, 12:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
There was a unusual amount of what looked like the raking of Achilles / ankles yesterday, one can only imagine the kerfuffle if we were doing it instead of lovely Tottenham
They are managed by an argie, that's pretty much to be expected.

Unread 22-04-2018, 12:04 PM
saffers

Unread 24-06-2018, 02:27 PM
Switching Off

"Jesse Lingard is going to be some player," Ferguson told Manchester Evening News in 2012.

"He is 19, came through our youth system and is built like Jean Tigana was for France.

"But he never got into the limelight there until he was about 24, and I think that will be the same with Lingard.

"He will become a player when he’s 22 or so. As an attacking midfielder he has got a really good talent. I think he will be a player we have high hopes for, definitely."

Unread 24-06-2018, 03:08 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
"Jesse Lingard is going to be some player," Ferguson told Manchester Evening News in 2012.

"He is 19, came through our youth system and is built like Jean Tigana was for France.

"But he never got into the limelight there until he was about 24, and I think that will be the same with Lingard.

"He will become a player when he’s 22 or so. As an attacking midfielder he has got a really good talent. I think he will be a player we have high hopes for, definitely."
Yeah but what does he know about football

Unread 24-06-2018, 03:43 PM
red in cumbria

Not all the players Freggle talked up came good tbph

Unread 24-06-2018, 03:45 PM
Red Al

He's a decent player nothing more

Unread 24-06-2018, 03:48 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
He's a decent player nothing more
his movement is exceptional

Unread 24-06-2018, 03:57 PM
puressence

Best player in England in the floating role linking play. He’s a joy to watch

Unread 24-06-2018, 04:07 PM
Sapien

He has always been a player who brings out the best in the players around him. But certainly he looks like he is now an exceptional player in his own right.

Unread 24-06-2018, 04:08 PM
ScarFace

He'd be even better under a non-jose type manager.

Unread 24-06-2018, 05:05 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
He'd be even better under a non-jose type manager.
Let’s get Southgate in

Unread 24-06-2018, 05:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Let’s get Southgate in
he said non-jose type.
Closed Thread