United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Keep Ten Hag or Sack.
Keep 61 53.51%
Sack 53 46.49%
Voters: 114. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:48 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane
There is no magic silver bullet here folks - we know this from our experience over the last ten years.

Every time we sack a manager the new shiny manager gets a reaction for a short amount of time and then lo and behold the same old problems arise.

The issue stems from nearly 20 years of mismanagement from the top - you don’t correct it overnight.

The catchphrase from fans is give the new manager time, the truth is as soon as the going gets tough all that goes out of the window and people want the next new saviour because this time it will be different if we give them time.

Guess what …… this is when we back the manager and give him time
But surely the manager has to do something to justify being given time.

When you look at the money spent, it doesn't couple well with the results or performances.

How bad does it have to be? How much 'time' does he deserve? He's been here for nearly 2 full seasons and it's absolutely dreadful with no sign of improvement. If he stays and we still look shit in September should we then ditch him? Do we have to wait until the end of his contract?

The dippers gave Klopp time because he cleared out the squad and had an obvious plan. There were signs that it was working early on but they lacked consistency. It was similar for Arteta. People use those as pro-EtH arguments but what is the plan? Where are the green shoots? It's all shit.

redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80;6058834[B
]He’ll have learnt a heck of a lot in the last two years as well. [/b]

I honestly don’t begrudge those wanting him gone though, it’s hard to defend, but Big Parls has done so very eloquently.
Definitely must have been something of a shock to come across players like Martial, Sancho and Rashford, let alone the players who are committed but not technically good enough.

ZiggyStardust

I might have a thought to keep him if I saw a clear tactical approach and way of playing that he was trying to introduce but the current set of players weren’t able to execute it on the pitch
However I don’t see any semblance of a coherent tactical approach or style of play other than let the opposition get to our box as easily as possible and have as many shots on goal as they like

He buys his former keeper who’s main attribute is a top class ability to play it out from the back and then completely abandons it after a difficult start to the season and has him boot the ball up the pitch for the rest of the season
He seems to abandon his principles very quickly as soon as a bit of pressure comes on which is not a good sign

With LvG I could clearly see how he was coaching the team and the tactical approach but he didn’t have the players to make it work
With ETH I not even sure what this process is that he’s talking about as I can’t see what he is trying to get this team to do

It doesn’t matter whether any of us think he should stay or be sacked in the summer as he is clearly gone in the summer
There isn’t even a question about that now

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:49 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parlabane View Post
Can’t help but think with better support around him now, a better summers recruitment and getting rid of those who can’t or won’t do what he asks of them we could see a different outcome next season.

He hasn’t become a bad coach over the last 6 months and to throw it all away now and start again with some one else ( no really appealing candidates either ) doesn’t appeal to me.

The season has been a write off and there needs to be a root and branch review as to what went wrong and make sure it gets put right sharpish.

For me we keep him for next season but there has to be improvements across the board
Quote:
There is no magic silver bullet here folks - we know this from our experience over the last ten years.

Every time we sack a manager the new shiny manager gets a reaction for a short amount of time and then lo and behold the same old problems arise.

The issue stems from nearly 20 years of mismanagement from the top - you don’t correct it overnight.

The catchphrase from fans is give the new manager time, the truth is as soon as the going gets tough all that goes out of the window and people want the next new saviour because this time it will be different if we give them time.

Guess what …… this is when we back the manager and give him time
Good posts.

Chelsea's first goal really wound me up because we've conceded the exact same goal so many times this season. Either he doesn't see it, or he does see it but can't fix it. Neither bode well.

That said, I agree with a lot of that. And I've no confidence at all a new guy would do any better.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:52 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust View Post
I might have a thought to keep him if I saw a clear tactical approach and way of playing that he was trying to introduce but the current set of players weren’t able to execute it on the pitch
However I don’t see any semblance of a coherent tactical approach or style of play other than let the opposition get to our box as easily as possible and have as many shots on goal as they like

He buys his former keeper who’s main attribute is a top class ability to play it out from the back and then completely abandons it after a difficult start to the season and has him boot the ball up the pitch for the rest of the season
He seems to abandon his principles very quickly as soon as a bit of pressure comes on which is not a good sign

With LvG I could clearly see how he was coaching the team and the tactical approach but he didn’t have the players to make it work
With ETH I not even sure what this process is that he’s talking about as I can’t see what he is trying to get this team to do

It doesn’t matter whether any of us think he should stay or be sacked in the summer as he is clearly gone in the summer
There isn’t even a question about that now
Exactly. The job now is to make sure the next manager has it a lot easier than EtH did. That his job is simply to coach the players so that they understand the system and that each player is improving every week. Things we've not seen for a long time.

Hopefully it's the end of the impossible job and wasted hundreds of millions. Things should start to improve.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:56 PM
silv

Maybe he would've done a better job under INEOS but the fact is he's lost his authority/reputation so thanks for the carabao cup and the few magical moments and head on back to Holland thanks!

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:56 PM
Stickman

No confidence, still out.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:57 PM
atticusgrinch

One the one hand he's introduced some good youth players and had some decent results - mainly last season. He brought in Hojlund which didn't need an expert to see he was a striking beast, but if i'm going to hammer him for some signings, and i am, he deserves credit for the good ones. Martinez was good for a midget, before he died.

Where do i start with the bad points? Can't be arsed i'd be here all day.

Unread 05-04-2024, 12:59 PM
Offerington

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
One the one hand he's introduced some good youth players and had some decent results - mainly last season. He brought in Hojlund which didn't need an expert to see he was a striking beast, but if i'm going to hammer him for some signings, and i am, he deserves credit for the good ones. Martinez was good for a midget, before he died.

Where do i start with the bad points? Can't be arsed i'd be here all day.
yep. Some good, but lots of bad. Really £#%&!ing bad at times. That 7 nil still gives me nightmares.

Unread 05-04-2024, 01:01 PM
jem

I would give him more credit for hojlund if he slapped rashford for not passing to him. ever.

Unread 05-04-2024, 01:01 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finport Red View Post
Doesn’t matter until people are calling for him to be torched on the half way line for failing to win the league by half way through his second season.
Do those posts exist?

Unread 05-04-2024, 01:05 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony View Post
Let him finish the clearing out...
Yeah like his desk on Monday morning,no doubt players need to be following him out of the door

Unread 05-04-2024, 01:06 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Can’t help but think with better support around him now, a better summers recruitment and getting rid of those who can’t or won’t do what he asks of them we could see a different outcome next season.

He hasn’t become a bad coach over the last 6 months and to throw it all away now and start again with some one else ( no really appealing candidates either ) doesn’t appeal to me.

The season has been a write off and there needs to be a root and branch review as to what went wrong and make sure it gets put right sharpish.

For me we keep him for next season but there has to be improvements across the board
Correct.

It's been at least 12 months now.

Unread 05-04-2024, 01:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
If Ineos had their staff fully in he'd have been fired by now.
Yeah, give me another season ya shit

Unread 05-04-2024, 01:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Some solid lads in the "Keep" camp....

G2cee...

true reds

Unread 05-04-2024, 01:32 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem View Post
I would give him more credit for hojlund if he slapped rashford for not passing to him. ever.
Rashford is our superstar player remember. The face of Manchester United. A global icon. Member of the British Empire. A political heavyweight. Saved millions of starving kids off his own back. Stuck it to Boris and made him quiver in fear.

You can't be criticising such an icon of the game.

Poor Ole tried it and literally had to apologise to the whole world.

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:02 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair View Post
Spot on.

I didn’t even know we our champions league group stage campaign was the worst by an English side ever and we had a group with Bayern, galatasary and Copenhagen!

We’ve lost 17 games this season already the most since 1990. And we still have to play Liverpool, Arsenal, Brighton and city !

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:03 PM
madhattricks

Erik record setter ten Hag………..OUT!

Unread 05-04-2024, 02:59 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
Rashford is our superstar player remember. The face of Manchester United. A global icon. Member of the British Empire. A political heavyweight. Saved millions of starving kids off his own back. Stuck it to Boris and made him quiver in fear.

You can't be criticising such an icon of the game.

Poor Ole tried it and literally had to apologise to the whole world.
The scary part is all of this true,just look at him defending the guy in presser today. He can't be bothered to put in the effort yet you reward him with praise.