United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-08-2020, 04:53 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Wouldn’t surprise me if we didn’t go back to Bournemouth for Josh King as a cheap back up to Martial now they’ve gone down.
Yep I can see that happening too

Don’t think Sancho is happening so fancy King to be our forward signing and I think we’ll get a midfielder on a deadline day, probably Grealish...

Unread 17-08-2020, 05:23 PM
Sparky***

Average age of the team last night was 24.

that must be the youngest team in the latter stages of the european competition??

Unread 17-08-2020, 05:31 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

that must be the youngest team in the latter stages of the european competition??
This is why I’m trying to not be overly critical. Last night we just came up short but we had plenty of chances, if only we’d put them away. It’s easy to forget that even Martial, at 24, is still a couple of years away from what is generally agreed as the prime of a players career. He’s playing really well, if he keeps on this trajectory he’ll be scary good at 26/27.

Rashford - 22. Martial was so inconsistent at the same age, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I’ll do the same with Rashford. He’s shown plenty of promise so far and was delivering pre-lockdown. He might just be one of those players that take their time getting back into action. Kane’s been a notoriously slow starter after coming back from breaks and injuries etc hasn’t he?

Some of them definitely have big question marks above their head, Pogba still useless for what we paid, and at his age you’d expect him to be leading by example. But for a team so young to get so far in the Europa, that’s not a bad achievement.

We really need signings though. Badly.

Unread 17-08-2020, 06:00 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
This is why I’m trying to not be overly critical. Last night we just came up short but we had plenty of chances, if only we’d put them away. It’s easy to forget that even Martial, at 24, is still a couple of years away from what is generally agreed as the prime of a players career. He’s playing really well, if he keeps on this trajectory he’ll be scary good at 26/27.

Rashford - 22. Martial was so inconsistent at the same age, and I gave him the benefit of the doubt. I’ll do the same with Rashford. He’s shown plenty of promise so far and was delivering pre-lockdown. He might just be one of those players that take their time getting back into action. Kane’s been a notoriously slow starter after coming back from breaks and injuries etc hasn’t he?

Some of them definitely have big question marks above their head, Pogba still useless for what we paid, and at his age you’d expect him to be leading by example. But for a team so young to get so far in the Europa, that’s not a bad achievement.

These players play for Manchester United. It isn't an achievement for them to beat Lask and Copenhagen and a load of absolute dross in the group stages...

Unread 17-08-2020, 06:21 PM
AK14

Quote:

Yhgr.

Unread 17-08-2020, 06:34 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

Don’t you think it’s sounds promising next
Two or 3 years ?

Unread 17-08-2020, 06:40 PM
bosskeano

being critical of the player isn't exactly i think what is happening but more about critical of choices made in reference to how they play....

yes...these boys are young, in age, but they have plenty of experience as they are all international level players. Rashford and Martial are definitely inconsistent with their finishing but is that due to age? inexperience?

the part that gets me more is the other end...Lindelof and Maguire

one thing i've noticed about both of these guys is a tendency to drift outside the width of the goal when players are attacking the outside back closer to goal. It was really evident on the second goal as Maguire stepped out to cover Brandon leaving Lindelof and AWB in front of goal to defend. Lindelof positionally was wrong b/c he never found DeJong and his body shape was wrong as he was defending square so as soon as DeJong made that run, both defenders just left him.

Unread 17-08-2020, 06:57 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
This.

I don't buy this keeper having the game of his life stuff. It was the same against Copenhagen. You have to make the keeper an irrelevance. As Bruno did with his pens.
Nah not really, he genuinely did play out of his skin.

Agree about last night tho.

Unread 17-08-2020, 07:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Don’t you think it’s sounds promising next
Two or 3 years ?
As long as they learn from the experience then yeah, it's very promising.

But it's up to them to turn 'promise' into reality.

Unread 17-08-2020, 08:10 PM
Neo

Angry

Still fuming.

Season finished on an absolute whimper.

The Gimps better put up some cash for transfers, or us MiBs will be rioting.

Unread 17-08-2020, 08:23 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Incorrect, rashford is finished, dog shit, abysmal...

windy Waffles, Guildford.

Unread 17-08-2020, 08:23 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Still fuming.

Season finished on an absolute whimper.

The Gimps better put up some cash for transfers, or us MiBs will be rioting.
Imagine being fuming about a football match in the middle of a deadly pandemic where literally 3 people are dying a day in the United Kingdom. Get your priorities right eh.

Unread 17-08-2020, 08:45 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Imagine being fuming about a football match in the middle of a deadly pandemic where literally 3 people are dying a day in the United Kingdom. Get your priorities right eh.
Poor form cross-pollinating a discussion from another thread, Ethers.

Let's leave Covid chat for the Covid thread.

We disagree on that issue, but I'm sure we agree on United.

Unread 17-08-2020, 08:54 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Not like you to single out and criticise a young black man.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Poor form cross-pollinating a discussion from another thread, Ethers.

Let's leave Covid chat for the Covid thread.

We disagree on that issue, but I'm sure we agree on United.

Unread 17-08-2020, 09:00 PM
Neo

Unread 17-08-2020, 09:34 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Put a bit of weight on there Ole.