United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: erik ten hag
in 55 55.00%
out 45 45.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:16 PM
Chris Quayd

Big Marcelo Gallardo has had unprecedented success in South America, failing that Paul le Guen is feeling refreshed after a spell in the French second division with Le Havre

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:18 PM
NedKelly

Francesco Farioli could be a goer.

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:22 PM
Jethro

As long as they're South American with a journeyman CV that can't speak a word of the Queen's whilst implementing a high press intense style of play that will do me.

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:30 PM
croady26

Would take any of

Alonso (no chance)
Nagelsmann
Inzaghi
De Zerbi
Tuchel
Flick

Unread 26-02-2024, 05:40 PM
Dacter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro View Post
As long as they're South American with a journeyman CV that can't speak a word of the Queen's whilst implementing a high press intense style of play that will do me.
BYOB*

Bring your own bucket

Unread 26-02-2024, 06:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Forest away in the cup when the knives are well and truly out? Sure we’ve been here before.

Honestly think if we bomb out of the cup then he’s even more toast than like, toast is.
I think he's treading on very, very thin ice at the moment. I really cannot get my head around the fact he can't seem to set us up to stop shipping chances and goals the way we do. This week has the potential to really put the final nail in the coffin so to speak. If we get dumped out of the cup at Forest and then smashed in the derby at the weekend, I really wouldn't bet against INEOS showing him the door in the summer.

Top 4 has gone, I think we'll finish exactly where we are now - 6th. If we get turfed out of the FA Cup by a team in the bottom 4 then I'm sorry, the manager can have little complaint if he's let go.

Unread 26-02-2024, 07:23 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
I think he's treading on very, very thin ice at the moment. I really cannot get my head around the fact he can't seem to set us up to stop shipping chances and goals the way we do. This week has the potential to really put the final nail in the coffin so to speak. If we get dumped out of the cup at Forest and then smashed in the derby at the weekend, I really wouldn't bet against INEOS showing him the door in the summer.

Top 4 has gone, I think we'll finish exactly where we are now - 6th. If we get turfed out of the FA Cup by a team in the bottom 4 then I'm sorry, the manager can have little complaint if he's let go.
Let go? If we finish 6th and get knocked out of the FA cup by Forest then he should be fired out of a cannon into Davyhulme Sewage Works.
As bad as it has been since Fergie retired, until this season we haven't been played off our own park by absolute nobodies like Wolves, Brighton, Palace, Galatasaray, Bournemouth, Fulham etc.
He gets such an easy ride compared to our previous managers.

Unread 26-02-2024, 07:56 PM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
Would take any of

Alonso (no chance)
Nagelsmann
Inzaghi
De Zerbi
Tuchel
Flick
Look at our midfield, wingers and fit defence. None of those managers get a tune out of it. Inzaghi would probably shore up the defence but we’d create nothing. The squad is the glaring issue. We didn’t expect to win anything last season but we did and finished 4th, we overachieved. Improve the squad, we’d spend 20m sacking all his staff and it would be better spent on players.

Unread 26-02-2024, 07:58 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock View Post
Let go? If we finish 6th and get knocked out of the FA cup by Forest then he should be fired out of a cannon into Davyhulme Sewage Works.
As bad as it has been since Fergie retired, until this season we haven't been played off our own park by absolute nobodies like Wolves, Brighton, Palace, Galatasaray, Bournemouth, Fulham etc.
He gets such an easy ride compared to our previous managers.
He does but then you remember we’re on our 5th manager in just over 10 years. It’s not far off city’s Steve Coppell clown phase managerial merry go round.

For me the bar was set eye watteringly low for Erik - he didn’t need to do that much - just get the basics right. But he’s failed even that

Unread 26-02-2024, 08:08 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
He does but then you remember we’re on our 5th manager in just over 20 years. It’s not far off city’s Steve Coppell clown phase managerial merry go round.

For me the bar was set eye watteringly low for Erik - he didn’t need to do that much - just get the basics right. But he’s failed even that
Yup, the Erik excuses are straying firmly into the bizarre, same happened with LVG. iirc no-one at the time was able to articulate his style of play (eye-watering dogshit) but now everyone has no such problem. However with Erik everyone has fatigue about sacking managers, him being given more time is less about him and more a general point that the club needs to sort itself out first to give the next manager a foundation.

He should probably go this summer but I find myself somewhat ambivelant about it as without wholesale changes to the squad and proper recruitment we'll be watching the likes of Shaw, Rashford etc miles out of position while Rotherham or whoever show up at Old Trafford and paste us 3-0.

Unread 26-02-2024, 11:35 PM
croady26

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser View Post
Look at our midfield, wingers and fit defence. None of those managers get a tune out of it. Inzaghi would probably shore up the defence but we’d create nothing. The squad is the glaring issue. We didn’t expect to win anything last season but we did and finished 4th, we overachieved. Improve the squad, we’d spend 20m sacking all his staff and it would be better spent on players.
So who should be appointed or are you firmly in that camp of giving him another window to waste money. Worrying to see the vote so close considering how garbage we have been

Unread 27-02-2024, 09:22 AM
RedNick80

Quote:
Originally Posted by croady26 View Post
So who should be appointed or are you firmly in that camp of giving him another window to waste money. Worrying to see the vote so close considering how garbage we have been
He's not going to waste money is he now though? Brailsford, Wilcox, Ashworth etc will be overseeing things. He'll have a say, possibly a veto but he certainly won't be in the driving seat as he never should (& I suspect) never wanted to be.

Unread 27-02-2024, 09:48 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80
He's not going to waste money is he now though? Brailsford, Wilcox, Ashworth etc will be overseeing things. He'll have a say, possibly a veto but he certainly won't be in the driving seat as he never should (& I suspect) never wanted to be.
Why do you think he never wanted to be? Because he has ballsed the job up?

Unread 27-02-2024, 10:06 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedNick80 View Post
You’re right - Erik getting involved with transfers was beyond his remit. He should be concentrating on the areas that he’s been brought into look after and that he’s expert in - fitness, so our players are top of the tree in effort terms and avoid unnecessary injuries and tactics so we can perform as a cohesive well drilled team that can dominate lesser teams.

Unread 27-02-2024, 10:39 AM
AK14

All this talk of other teams managing fine with multiple injuries and their ‘playing style’ being the same who ever is in the team (G Nev- MNF), seem to be forgetting Liverpool were without Van Dijk and a couple of others last season and it all went to shit for them.

Not an excuse just an observation.

Personally I think he deserves a chance next season with a proper footballing structure above/along side him.

Unread 27-02-2024, 10:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14 View Post

Personally I think he deserves a chance next season with a proper footballing structure above/along side him.

He does, after last season's success and this season's injuries and off field drama he should get next season at least.....

Great point about other teams, but a lot of people have bought into MNF, podcasts with the lads, Gary Neville and £#%&!ing Roy Keane having tea, carragher and his green screens, talk sport and narratives....

Footballs changed, on and off the pitch...

Unread 27-02-2024, 11:05 AM
believe

Yeah, hopefully the new structure will allow him to spend 2-300 million on players he wants.

Unread 27-02-2024, 11:07 AM
Stickman

And appoint right back room team to help him set the team up.

Unread 27-02-2024, 11:19 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth View Post
You’re right - Erik getting involved with transfers was beyond his remit. He should be concentrating on the areas that he’s been brought into look after and that he’s expert in - fitness, so our players are top of the tree in effort terms and avoid unnecessary injuries and tactics so we can perform as a cohesive well drilled team that can dominate lesser teams.

Just needs another season to get it right.

Unread 27-02-2024, 11:29 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Yeah, hopefully the new structure will allow him to spend 2-300 million on players he wants.
Not voting, Bellers?