United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-01-2024, 04:14 PM
Finport Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

Aptly sinister.
That sounds like someone who won’t be available until the African Nations Cup is over.

Unread 02-01-2024, 04:32 PM
pedr0

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
To offset the wages we will pay to sancho when he's loaned out to dortmund
make this make sense

Unread 02-01-2024, 04:41 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedr0
make this make sense
he might play. he might play better. he might be worth more in the long run.

got to be better than paying him to do nothing.

Unread 03-01-2024, 02:52 AM
croady26

Before the Chelsea move I would have taken Werner,however he bombed badly there. Despite the age I'm not against Choupo-Moting. Yes neither is ideal but Rasmus needs someone to take the pressure off his shoulders. Wish we could get two and feck off Martial.

Unread 04-01-2024, 08:58 AM
browser

Olise paper talk….YES please

Whether now or in the summer, he is a player.

Unread 04-01-2024, 09:36 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Olise paper talk….YES please

Whether now or in the summer, he is a player.
First player we’ve been associated with who I think could do well. That right wing would be his. Would be summer though.

Unread 04-01-2024, 10:51 AM
magic_cantona

I'm really hoping there's nothing in this Timo Werner talk.

Unread 04-01-2024, 12:00 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I agree we need another striker but we also need to radically change our approach to providing chances for whoever plays there. The service Hoijlund receives is woeful. Until that is dealt with, I can’t see anything materially changing.
It does need radically changing. Sick of “inverted wingers” who won’t stand up and be a striker but want indulging out wide without the responsibility or expectation to score goals but too selfish to feed the striker. Won’t pass to the striker, won’t track back. Cowardly @#%&!s.

Unread 04-01-2024, 01:47 PM
Sheik JaBooty

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I'm really hoping there's nothing in this Timo Werner talk.
What do you think you’re going to get on loan, in January? Teams don’t just suddenly let productive players leave for no permanent fee halfway through the season.

As much as it’s unfashionable to admit, we were far better balanced as a team with Weghorst up front. If he had not been so shit in front of goal there’s no question we would have made that permanent because his approach play, movement and pressing were superb.

Unread 04-01-2024, 02:41 PM
goldfinger II

Unless we can sign players who can improve the team on a long-term basis, which seems unlikely, I would favour not signing anyone at all.

We must stop wasting money on loans and make-do's. Our priority should be building a team and squad with the right qualities and attitude to compete for the big trophies year after year. £#%&! short-term goals.

Unread 04-01-2024, 03:03 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Unless we can sign players who can improve the team on a long-term basis, which seems unlikely, I would favour not signing anyone at all.

We must stop wasting money on loans and make-do's. Our priority should be building a team and squad with the right qualities and attitude to compete for the big trophies year after year. £#%&! short-term goals.
100% this.

It’s not like we need a big squad for an assault on all fronts.

Focus on sorting ‘upstairs out’. Get people in place with a £#%&!ing vision for something. Get rid of high earners who don’t give a £#%&!. Stop seeing these players as ‘assests’ and this dumb notion that we have to keep them for resale value. Cut your losses.

Sancho is a prime example. We’re taking a huge hit, but it’s resolving a toxic situation

A positive about this season being a write off is that we can use it do these things. There’s no sense of urgency to get players in because there’s nothing at stake

What does a 34 year old Choupa-Moting actually do for the prospect of the season? £#%&! all. Don’t bother.

Until we have INEOS actually here and then a sporting director and whoever else, don’t make any moves imo

Unread 04-01-2024, 03:05 PM
suedeshoes

I'm hearing* Olise, Mitoma and Gibbs White.

*dreaming.

Unread 04-01-2024, 03:11 PM
redhegemony

we need to improve to get into the top 4 - more goal scoring options - and a right back.

Unread 04-01-2024, 03:14 PM
magic_cantona

It's more.galling that City, with their 115 charges, are "eyeing" this Argentinian wonderkid, or this Brazilian much sought after playmaker etc.

They literally don't give a £#%&!.

Meanwhile, we are sticking rigidly to the rules and are shit scared of breaking FFP (I'm aware this suits our greedy, leeching overlords).

Unread 04-01-2024, 03:59 PM
tatty

Roro

Unread 04-01-2024, 04:05 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Roro
those were halcyon days.

Unread 04-01-2024, 04:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
I'm hearing* Olise, Mitoma and Gibbs White.

*dreaming.
Gibbs-White? He can £#%&! right off the @#%&!

Unread 04-01-2024, 04:55 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
i'm hearing* olise, mitoma and gibbs white.

omg

Unread 04-01-2024, 04:59 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Any manager should be able to get a tune out of those two.

Unread 04-01-2024, 06:23 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's a brilliant player.