United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-05-2021, 04:42 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick

Quayders was spot on though btw.
Definitely. It should be strong encouragement rather than shaming.

Unread 06-05-2021, 04:53 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Definitely. It should be strong encouragement rather than shaming.
After 15 years it should be obvious there is no alternative.

LBut hey let's be really precious about pointing the bleeding obvious for the next 15 years because people might get upset about a joke

Unread 06-05-2021, 04:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

LBut hey let's be really precious about pointing the bleeding obvious for the next 15 years because people might get upset about a joke
When did you give up yours ?

Unread 06-05-2021, 04:56 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

Alternatively, a strategy of shaming that didn’t work 15 years ago won’t work now.

Unread 06-05-2021, 05:09 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Alternatively, a strategy of shaming that didn’t work 15 years ago won’t work now.
There was no such thing as a strategy of shaming 15 years ago.

There were passionate arguments about tactics which many of the ostriches with their heads in the sand refused to action in the foolhardy belief that the Glazers would go away or that their ownership would not affect the footballing side of things

Heres to the next 15 years of funding the Glazer family dividends all made possible because the nasty rubbernecker made a joke and nothing whatsoever to do with fans giving them their money

Unread 06-05-2021, 05:12 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
When did you give up yours ?
Probably when he moved to Thailand to take up one of his other passions...

Unread 06-05-2021, 05:18 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
There was no such thing as a strategy of shaming 15 years ago.

There were passionate arguments about tactics which many of the ostriches with their heads in the sand refused to action in the foolhardy belief that the Glazers would go away or that their ownership would not affect the footballing side of things

Heres to the next 15 years of funding the Glazer family dividends all made possible because the nasty rubbernecker made a joke and nothing whatsoever to do with fans giving them their money
I could be wrong but I get the impression that if every single person who was seriously considering giving up but ultimately renewed had given it up then the Glazers would have ridden it out and would still be here today.

Many people, myself included thought there was a bigger critical mass then there was, that doesn't mean it was wrong to encourage people not to renew back then but with the benefit of hindsight it might make more sense to focus on tactics that are more likely to work such as protests like last week or targeting sponsors which is much more powerful now then it was when people weren't renewing Vodafone or drinking Bud.

Unread 06-05-2021, 05:22 PM
Hyman_Roth

Giving up st’s isn’t the answer imv - it wasn’t back in 2005 and it isn’t now. Frankly, having your most outraged fans all £#%&! off to support another team was the best thing that could have happened to the glazers. For others to simply leave and fade away into obscurity wasnt too bad for the owners either.

St’s make little difference in the financial make up of the club - don’t get me wrong, empty seats on tv don’t look good but pissed off disruptive fans in those seats is probably better.

Unread 06-05-2021, 05:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Just rushed back from the women against violence march so that I could get the tea on for my abusive husband
You £#%&!ing nob.

Unread 06-05-2021, 05:27 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Probably when he moved to Thailand to take up one of his other passions...
Silence speaks volumes....

Unread 06-05-2021, 05:39 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Giving up st’s isn’t the answer imv - it wasn’t back in 2005 and it isn’t now. Frankly, having your most outraged fans all £#%&! off to support another team was the best thing that could have happened to the glazers. For others to simply leave and fade away into obscurity wasnt too bad for the owners either.

St’s make little difference in the financial make up of the club - don’t get me wrong, empty seats on tv don’t look good but pissed off disruptive fans in those seats is probably better.
i am sure if something was proven to work we would all jump in and do it. To stop going is the toughest one to crack, remembering that we have all been in lockdown over a year now and its the first thing if i was back in Manchester i would be all over. Lads cans united in that order.

I respect anyone thats £#%&!ed it off and also those that feel like its too much to give up. The owners dont care if you go or not we all know that. They just tried to create a new league because they wanted more money now that the fans $$ had dried up. They are already living without the $$$ and you can see the reaction. Still not selling.

Protest, boycott whatever you can etc hope that someone buys the £#%&!ers out.

https://ir.manutd.com/company-inform...ess-model.aspx

https://ir.manutd.com/~/media/Files/...or-pres-lr.pdf

what would hurt them if people stopped watching the games globally on tv. Viewers are key for them, they call it out over and over again compared to other sports.

Unread 06-05-2021, 05:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
St’s make little difference in the financial make up of the club
not sure this is true (it accounts for more than a quarter of revenue). however, piecemeal non-renewal certainly makes £#%&! all difference, because there are enough @#%&!s to pick up the slack. all in, that's another matter.

Unread 06-05-2021, 05:51 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by plopborsky
i am sure if something was proven to work we would all jump in and do it. To stop going is the toughest one to crack, remembering that we have all been in lockdown over a year now and its the first thing if i was back in Manchester i would be all over. Lads cans united in that order.

I respect anyone thats £#%&!ed it off and also those that feel like its too much to give up. The owners dont care if you go or not we all know that. They just tried to create a new league because they wanted more money now that the fans $$ had dried up. They are already living without the $$$ and you can see the reaction. Still not selling.

Protest, boycott whatever you can etc hope that someone buys the £#%&!ers out.
it's just rubbers being a @#%&! sat on his peado barge.....

Respect everyone's decisions, United...

Unread 06-05-2021, 05:55 PM
plopborsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
it's just rubbers being a @#%&! sat on his peado barge.....

Respect everyone's decisions, United...

Unread 06-05-2021, 06:14 PM
est.1878

Could must /ted Crilly setup a visible holding account for payments that will only be sent onto the club if specific demands are met by a set deadline ?

Unread 06-05-2021, 06:31 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Could must /ted Crilly setup a visible holding account for payments that will only be sent onto the club if specific demands are met by a set deadline ?

an absolutely useless organisation if ever there was one

Unread 06-05-2021, 07:57 PM
avocado

Quote:
Just rushed back from the women against violence march so that I could get the tea on for my abusive husband
No, went back home to look after the children ....

Unread 06-05-2021, 08:57 PM
redhegemony

There's a waiting list for ST's - maybe it's shrunk a bit but there is clearly demand I doubt they'll be empty seats. Long term seats that are given up can be nicely repriced. Also means the 'heritage' fans get scattered about even more - when what we want is a big concentration in the Stretford End.

What would the Glazer's prefer a hardcore vocal element in Stretty Lower or a lot more single game supporters?

Renewing.

Unread 06-05-2021, 09:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
There's a waiting list for ST's - maybe it's shrunk a bit but there is clearly demand I doubt they'll be empty seats. Long term seats that are given up can be nicely repriced. Also means the 'heritage' fans get scattered about even more - when what we want is a big concentration in the Stretford End.

What would the Glazer's prefer a hardcore vocal element in Stretty Lower or a lot more single game supporters?

Renewing.
Evaporated ages ago. I've been invited to apply plenty of times, even since I've not been paying for membership.

Unread 06-05-2021, 09:29 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Evaporated ages ago. I've been invited to apply plenty of times, even since I've not been paying for membership.
Really? I was on the list for a while and only got phone calls for Exec seats
Closed Thread