United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:10 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
His passing is still incredibly erratic and dreadful at times. He does seem a bit stronger and has been good enough for the squad and to get in the team recently. He still lacks stamina, Fergie won't play him twice a week, which is worrying at his age. He is worth his place currently considering what he allows others to do and the lack of options. Good luck to him though, he's worked hard this last few weeks and deserves credit for that.
I agree apart from the passing part.

I really think it's markedly improved. I think it's coupled with a general increase in confidence and self belief.
Whether this is because he's been shown a bit of faith or the other way around, I'm not sure.

Point is, he's worth having around at the moment and I'm sure if he plays on Saturday then he won't let anyone down.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:11 PM
Rhodzy

Mikel reminds me of the guy out of the 'like a prayer' video

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:11 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1MUFC
His face reminds me of an Easter egg
That's because you are a racist.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:12 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I agree apart from the passing part.

I really think it's markedly improved. .
I agree, it used to be consistently appalling, now it's erratic, a genuine improvement.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:14 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
I agree, it used to be consistently appalling, now it's erratic, a genuine improvement.
Fair enough.

I'd quite like to see some pass conversion rate stats.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:23 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Fair enough.

I'd quite like to see some pass conversion rate stats.
Not a fan of them, don't assess pass difficulty. Fletch is fineover 10 or so yards, which is his more comon pass. It's when he tries to do something a bit more difficult that thigs get wobbly. Still he has got better.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:26 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Not a fan of them, don't assess pass difficulty. Fletch is fineover 10 or so yards, which is his more comon pass. It's when he tries to do something a bit more difficult that thigs get wobbly. Still he has got better.
I was just about to say that actually. The sideways three yard pass shouldn't really count.

That's what I'm referring to, though. He's trying more adventurous balls and they're coming off. The pass for Rooney was perfectly weighted for him.

Anyway, enough said. He's getting better and I think he should start on Saturday.

I've got more confidence in him bringing something to our midfield than Smith bringing something to our attack.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:30 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
That's what I'm referring to, though. He's trying more adventurous balls and they're coming off. The pass for Rooney was perfectly weighted for him.

Unfortunately there were 3 others that were horribly misplaced. He did also play an excellent diagonal too though.

Anyway, we agree, Fletcher should start Satdee. I s'pose I'd say, possibly unless Saha is fit, though to be honest, what's the point.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:33 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Unfortunately there were 3 others that were horribly misplaced. He did also play an excellent diagonal too though.

Anyway, we agree, Fletcher should start Satdee. I s'pose I'd say, possibly unless Saha is fit, though to be honest, what's the point.
The Saha situation makes me genuinely sad.

What a waste.

I hope he doesn't leave. He's a good player who will need replacing and someone of his standard would cost £10-15m

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
The Saha situation makes me genuinely sad.

What a waste.

I hope he doesn't leave. He's a good player who will need replacing and someone of his standard would cost £10-15m
I've always been a big fan of Saha, I think talent wise he could be world class, he just can't or won't get fit.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:41 PM
Rossi the Red

I dont think we should sell Saha.

We should just sign another striker, but when Saha is fit, it just means more competition for places which is always healthy for a squad.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:46 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossi the Red
I dont think we should sell Saha.

We should just sign another striker, but when Saha is fit, it just means more competition for places which is always healthy for a squad.
Yes.

I think his injuries dictate that he can never be considered the first choice 'main man' but that doesn't mean he should leave.

As Bedders says, he has the potential to be world class. He has every attribute necessary to be so.

I think it boils down to attitude.

No one knows what goes on behind closed doors, but the bizarre nature of his absences surely point to there being something wrong with his mentality.

I just think it would be such a shame if that ended his United career. There's enough players out there who aren't good enough so I hate for a bit of lethargy to end the career of someone who is.

We've got by without him, but I still think we're not quite the same without him and we have no other player like him.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:51 PM
magic_cantona

I agree with Saha's potential being superb.But I also reckon that Louis doesn't 'fancy it' sometimes.Like Keane would play with one leg etc, Louis won't play if he's got a cold.

And I think that that is why Ferguson will sell him.Ferguson loves players that are up for it and 'chomping at the bit'.I don't see Louis as one of them.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:53 PM
Baron

Quote:
Watching the game Sunday it was almost the opposite. He misplaced a number of short passes, especially around their area, yet anything with a degree of difficulty he pinged into feet... strange bloke Fletch. Seems one week he's an absolute disgrace, pulls out of every tackle, can't pass water. The next he's bossing De Rossi & tackling like Keano. I'd like to see something in between for a few months running but he's still nowhere near strong enough to handle the likes of Essien - mind you who is.

Unread 15-05-2007, 12:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Watching the game Sunday it was almost the opposite. He misplaced a number of short passes, especially around their area, yet anything with a degree of difficulty he pinged into feet... strange bloke Fletch. Seems one week he's an absolute disgrace, pulls out of every tackle, can't pass water. The next he's bossing De Rossi & tackling like Keano. I'd like to see something in between for a few months running but he's still nowhere near strong enough to handle the likes of Essien - mind you who is.
Great post.

Was sat watching the West Ham 'match' t'other day, in a Yorkshire boozer.

Anytime Fletch got the ball, everyone started giggling.
Closed Thread