United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Off Topic
Closed Thread
 
Old 03-06-2008, 04:05 PM
Harri Jaffa ...
 
Default

Spaced >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOTD>HF


Although I like all three


They copy loads of stuff from Spaced in the later films


One of my favourite quotes:

Daisy:: You're up early.

Tim: Oh, I haven't been to bed. Me and Mike met up with these two Scottish guys in the pub and they gave us all this cheap speed.

Daisy: Oh Tim, that's so tacky.

Tim: Yeah I know, but y'know they were so nice... I think if we'd said no they'd have got offended and beaten us to death with a pool cue.

Daisy: Where's Mike?
[cuts briefly to shot of Mike running around a tree, revving an imaginary motorbike and making engine noises]

Tim: [shrugs; and mumbles:] I dunno.

Daisy: Right, I'm going to the shops. D'you want anything?

Tim: p***.

Daisy: Tim, I'm not going to buy you p***. You can get it from railway sidings like everybody else.

Tim: I can't, I'm an adult. I'm supposed to leave it there.
 
Old 03-06-2008, 04:06 PM
Rhodzy ...
 
Default

Simon Pegg is playing Scotty in the new Star Trek Movie. Sylar is playing Spock.
 
Old 03-06-2008, 04:12 PM
Mark Corrigan ...
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Spaced >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SOTD>HF


Although I like all three


They copy loads of stuff from Spaced in the later films


One of my favourite quotes:

Daisy:: You're up early.

Tim: Oh, I haven't been to bed. Me and Mike met up with these two Scottish guys in the pub and they gave us all this cheap speed.

Daisy: Oh Tim, that's so tacky.

Tim: Yeah I know, but y'know they were so nice... I think if we'd said no they'd have got offended and beaten us to death with a pool cue.

Daisy: Where's Mike?
[cuts briefly to shot of Mike running around a tree, revving an imaginary motorbike and making engine noises]

Tim: [shrugs; and mumbles:] I dunno.

Daisy: Right, I'm going to the shops. D'you want anything?

Tim: p***.

Daisy: Tim, I'm not going to buy you p***. You can get it from railway sidings like everybody else.

Tim: I can't, I'm an adult. I'm supposed to leave it there.
Spaced is class too, never saw it when it was on tele but i bought the box set about 2 months ago.
Very funny programme

Last edited by Mark Corrigan; 03-06-2008 at 04:17 PM.
 
Old 03-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Harri Jaffa ...
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Corrigan
Spaced is class too, never saw it when it was on tele but i bought the vox set about 2 months ago.
Very funny programme
I love it - bought the box set years ago

I like this one too:


Brian: Can I borrow a tea-bag?

Tim: [sarcastically] Only if you bring it back. [pauses] You can HAVE a tea-bag, Brian, you can't borrow one. [turns around, sees Brian dressed as a painting] You've got paint on you.

Brian: It's a literal tribute to the self reflexivity of Rembrandt.

Tim: Did he like it?

Brian: He's dead.

Tim: Bloody hell, that really backfired.

Brian: What are you playing?
Tim: Tomb Raider 3.

Brian: She's drowning.

Tim: Yeah.

Brian: Is that the point of the game?

Tim: Depends what mood you're in really.

Brian: What sort of mood are you in then?

Tim: Well, I got a letter from my ex-girlfriend this morning, 3 months too late, explaining why she dumped me. It was full of 'you'll always be special' and 'I'll always love you' platitudes designed to make me feel better whilst simultaneously appeasing her deep seated sense of guilt for dumping me, running off with a slimy little city boy called Duane and destroying my faith in everything which is good and pure.

Brian: So it didn't really work then.

Tim: No, it made me wanna drown things!
 
Old 03-06-2008, 04:21 PM
Grimson ...
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girlfriend
Wathched it a few times, seems the more you watch it the less funny it gets. Although the bit where he Sean gets a dart to head in the pub make me giggle!
Women should never give, or for that matter have, opinions on films. Not until you start writing and directing them in substantial numbers. Until then, you are passengers. Enjoy, in grateful silence, the work of men.
 
Old 03-06-2008, 04:22 PM
waynes ear's ...
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Sylar is playing Spock.
from Zeroes?

and Evra is playing a klingon
 
Old 03-06-2008, 04:25 PM
Rhodzy ...
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
from Zeroes?

and Evra is playing a klingon
Yup, Ando was supposed to play Sulu but the Heroes people didn't want to lose 2 of their cast members.
 
Old 03-06-2008, 04:30 PM
waynes ear's ...
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Yup, Ando was supposed to play Sulu but the Heroes people didn't want to lose 2 of their cast members.
so they lose the baddie instead of ando the wet fart?
 
Old 03-06-2008, 04:35 PM
Mark Corrigan ...
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
I love it - bought the box set years ago

I like this one too:


Brian: Can I borrow a tea-bag?

Tim: [sarcastically] Only if you bring it back. [pauses] You can HAVE a tea-bag, Brian, you can't borrow one. [turns around, sees Brian dressed as a painting] You've got paint on you.

Brian: It's a literal tribute to the self reflexivity of Rembrandt.

Tim: Did he like it?

Brian: He's dead.

Tim: Bloody hell, that really backfired.

Brian: What are you playing?
Tim: Tomb Raider 3.

Brian: She's drowning.

Tim: Yeah.

Brian: Is that the point of the game?

Tim: Depends what mood you're in really.

Brian: What sort of mood are you in then?

Tim: Well, I got a letter from my ex-girlfriend this morning, 3 months too late, explaining why she dumped me. It was full of 'you'll always be special' and 'I'll always love you' platitudes designed to make me feel better whilst simultaneously appeasing her deep seated sense of guilt for dumping me, running off with a slimy little city boy called Duane and destroying my faith in everything which is good and pure.

Brian: So it didn't really work then.

Tim: No, it made me wanna drown things!

Brians the star of the show for me.

Great carachter

http://youtube.com/watch?v=jscUvrSGWXk

Although mike runs him a close second

 
Old 03-06-2008, 04:44 PM
Girlfriend ...
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Women should never give, or for that matter have, opinions on films. Not until you start writing and directing them in substantial numbers. Until then, you are passengers. Enjoy, in grateful silence, the work of men.
ooo get you! Sexist git!
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Similar Threads for: Shaun of the dead
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Shaun Ryder believe Off Topic 2 21-09-2007 10:53 PM
Shaun of the dead. MUFC One Love Off Topic 8 25-02-2007 08:48 PM
Shaun Murphy eddie dane Off Topic 3 20-01-2007 01:37 AM
All times are GMT +1. The time now is 09:10 PM.

Copyright 2006 - 2018 utdforum.com. This site is in no way affiliated to Manchester United Football Club.