United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-01-2017, 09:40 AM
irk

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
The wrong manager with the wrong strategy at the wrong end of his career to manage united.

Was hugely disappointing, delivered up some of the worst football experiences I've ever had but Liverpool away and the fa cup semi/final will live long in the memory. Enjoyed his pissed up interviews but would have enjoyed them more if he hadn't been so shit.

Delighted he left united.
This

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff
anyone who @#%&!s city in the derby then is photographed hours later on the piss and leering at the camera with half their girls' team draped all over him is alright by me.

also bossed liverpool in their own backyard, won the first trophy of the post-fergie era, blooded the best part of a youth team and took absolutely no shit from the £#%&!ers in the press.

i don't deny that he made some mistakes and the football was abysmal much of the time. two years was about enough at that point in his career. but he deserves his place in united history.

looueh reds
And this.

Should have kept him solely to do the press conferences.

Unread 17-01-2017, 09:46 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
A legend.

Can't help but agree with previous sentiments. We wouldn't be any worse off if he had stayed.

Unread 17-01-2017, 09:49 AM
believe

Had less idea what his own philosophy was after two years and set us back almost as much as Moyes did. Jose had a much more difficult job pickup after him than he did picking up after Moyes.

Unread 17-01-2017, 09:51 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Had less idea what his own philosophy was after two years and set us back almost as much as Moyes did.

What's the point..

Unread 17-01-2017, 09:57 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Had less idea what his own philosophy was after two years and set us back almost as much as Moyes did. Jose had a much more difficult job pickup after him than he did picking up after Moyes.

Unread 17-01-2017, 09:58 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex

What's the point..

Unread 17-01-2017, 10:26 AM
Jethro

Quote:

Unread 17-01-2017, 10:28 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Fake news. SAD!

Unread 17-01-2017, 10:37 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:

Unread 17-01-2017, 10:39 AM
suffolkred

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
hated by the players, the staff at ot and for most parts was a #@&%!.

Retired because no one would hire the idiot

Unread 17-01-2017, 10:39 AM
believe

Always nice to give the cardie crew a moment to reunite. You all still convinced Mourinho isn't the right man for the job?

Unread 17-01-2017, 10:44 AM
suffolkred

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
“I’ve had lots of offers since including millions from China. They are prepared to pay a fortune. Yes, they want to pay that sort of money and I could have gone but I have a lovely pay-off from Manchester United."

Unread 17-01-2017, 11:05 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Always nice to give the cardie crew a moment to reunite. You all still convinced Mourinho isn't the right man for the job?

Unread 17-01-2017, 11:06 AM
elephantstone

I loved big Louis. The players he bought flopped and the players he had couldnt play his system or to his philosophy. I was chatting to a united player last week (sorry a bit Marloesque) and he said he really rated LVG but he struggled to communicate and get his exact point across. He didnt get off the bench because he had been telling the players all week how he wanted them to play.

Unread 17-01-2017, 11:17 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
I loved big Louis. The players he bought flopped and the players he had couldnt play his system or to his philosophy. I was chatting to a united player last week (sorry a bit Marloesque) and he said he really rated LVG but he struggled to communicate and get his exact point across. He didnt get off the bench because he had been telling the players all week how he wanted them to play.
I was with several united players after the game Sunday and they said the exact opposite....

Unread 17-01-2017, 11:21 AM
elephantstone

I think you top trumped me there.

What did they say about Moyes?

Unread 17-01-2017, 11:22 AM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Great manager. Didn't work out for him here, but there were some enjoyable moments

Fa Cup
Press conferences
Beating the scouse c***s four in a row
Bringing Rashford through
Mike Smalling
Fat man

Enjoy the sun, sea and sand Louis

nqat

Unread 17-01-2017, 11:34 AM
Jethro

Quote:
Sounds about right. Handled himself with pure class (la) and gave us some great players, some not so great.

Love the big man.

Unread 17-01-2017, 11:45 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
this was obviously the case, communication let him down - it was gonna be hard enough turning footballing dinosaurs into supercool continental masters as it was...

mercilessly ridiculed but always rose above it, trampling on a few as he went. he who laughs last longest laughs the most longest than anyone etc

Quote:
“I’ve had lots of offers since including millions from China. They are prepared to pay a fortune. Yes, they want to pay that sort of money and I could have gone but I have a lovely pay-off from Manchester United."

"They still pay my wages every month and that is a nice sum.”

Unread 17-01-2017, 11:47 AM
jaffo

We finished the cup final with ten men? I honestly don't remember that.
Closed Thread