United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Pete's Shoes

Thumbs down O'Shea out for season

According to this -apologies if already posted

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,195...874817,00.html

John O'Shea is set to miss the rest of the season, Manchester United boss Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed.

O'Shea has not played since Republic of Ireland's World Cup play-off defeat to France in mid-November.

When O'Shea first returned to Manchester, it was believed he had not suffered anything worse than a dead leg.

But complications have arisen and it now transpires he has a blood clot and will now miss the rest of the campaign.

Terrible
"He's got a terrible injury at the moment," Ferguson said in the Irish Independent.

"It's one of those sorts of injuries that are unusual. It's like a dead leg except a dead leg is usually only three or four days.

"The problem is that the blood clot became all knotted and when it gets knotted you get calcification so therefore it's a long process to clear that up and he'll probably miss the season now.

"It's a bad blow for the boy and for the team because he can play anywhere.

"When you look at all the problems I've had with the back four this season, he could have played every single one."

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:00 AM
rafabio

Default Re: O'Shea out for season

he can play anywhere?? yeah but only problem being shit at each position he plays.

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:01 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
he can play anywhere?? yeah but only problem being shit at each position he plays.
One of our better players last season imo

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:04 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete's Shoes
One of our better players last season imo
was he? In fact I thought he was one of the reasons for us being so inconsistent.

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:08 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
was he? In fact I thought he was one of the reasons for us being so inconsistent.
Jesus well if we can win a league, a league cup and reach the champions league final and fa cup semi being inconsistent £#%&! knows what a bit of consistency can bring

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:12 AM
waynes ear's

£#%&! me, best we can hope for is 4th place now

What a £#%&!ing shitter

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:16 AM
Lok

He was very good last season. We could do with him at right back now. Neville is too slow and Rafael is too inexperienced.

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:25 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
He was very good last season. We could do with him at right back now. Neville is too slow and Rafael is too inexperienced.
how long will you say rafael is too inexperienced? how will he gain experience if you won't play him?

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:27 AM
Lok

Quote:
how long will you say rafael is too inexperienced? how will he gain experience if you won't play him?
You let him gain experience by playing the likes of Hull and Portsmouth. I've no doubt that Rafael will go on to be the better player, but if we were playing Chelsea tomorrow I know who I'd rather have start.

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:28 AM
toseeunited

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
yep - had the same conversation with a lad behind me at the game on tuesday - we had to play rafael on tuesday for his pace to cope with bellamy, and tbf fair he only got caught once all game and was harshly penalised by the ref, but a bit of strength and experience would have prevented that from happening

wes will play at rb when we get vida and or rio back

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:30 AM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
I think the problem for Rafael is that he's being thrown into a defence that has resembled Fred Karno's circus this season. It's a shame he couldn't have had a 10game run with VDS, Rio, Vidic and Evra alongside him.

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:33 AM
Jack Duckworth

i don't understand the stick he gets on here at all. he's far from the best player in the world and yes, he has put in some unbelievably shit performances at times. however, when he has a run in the team playing in the same position, he rarely lets us down. he'll be a big miss at right back, imo.

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:34 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

[quote=toseeunited;1856129]yep - had the same conversation with a lad behind me at the game on tuesday - we had to play rafael on tuesday for his pace to cope with bellamy, and tbf fair he only got caught once all game and was harshly penalised by the ref, but a bit of strength and experience would have prevented that from happening

wes will play at rb when we get vida and or rio back [/QUOTE]

And no doubt have a little word in #@&%!emys ear

Unread 21-01-2010, 10:48 AM
Stickman

Well if it means Rafael will see out the season and gain valuable experience then it's not so bad.

Unread 21-01-2010, 11:18 AM
rafabio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
i don't understand the stick he gets on here at all. he's far from the best player in the world and yes, he has put in some unbelievably shit performances at times. however, when he has a run in the team playing in the same position, he rarely lets us down. he'll be a big miss at right back, imo.
I can't appreciate a multi million pound footballer who can't pass the £#%&!ing ball more than 5 yards.

Unread 21-01-2010, 11:29 AM
dunk

Quote:
Yep.

Unread 21-01-2010, 11:31 AM
Withers

Quote:
Sometimes someone can be around for ages and never gain any experience.

How long have you had the internet?

Unread 21-01-2010, 11:37 AM
toseeunited

Thumbs up Re: O'Shea out for season

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
And no doubt have a little word in #@&%!emys ear
yes, he will "Brown" him

Unread 21-01-2010, 11:45 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
I can't appreciate a multi million pound footballer who is from the british isles
you said it, brother.

Unread 21-01-2010, 12:10 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Honestly, I think it's because he gives the ball away so easily.
Closed Thread