United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-12-2009, 12:03 AM
The Watcher

Football ""When I first heard about the tie I think I almost cried" - David Beckham

Quote:
David Beckham said he almost shed tears when he heard that Milan, whom he is joining on loan next month, had been drawn to play Manchester United in the last 16 of the Champions League. "When I first heard about the tie I think I almost cried because it is such a special place for me," he said.

Beckham will return to Old Trafford in February when Milan face United in the last 16 of the Champions League. He was adamant there would be no conflict of interest on the pitch: "I would like to progress further in the competition and, of course, when you come up against a club that you support and a club you have spent so many great years at and where you have still got so many friends at the club, those things are always difficult, but it's a nice problem to have.

"I've not returned to Old Trafford as a player in seven years. I miss it every day; I miss being a Manchester United player, I miss the club, I miss the fans and friends at the club. So it is always going to have a special place in my heart.

"To return as an AC Milan player makes it extra special, that's the big thing for me – to return with a team like this and a club like this that has got so much history, which is the same as Manchester United, it's such a special occasion. To be there in front of the fans and the manager and friends is going to be incredible."

Beckham said he is taking nothing for granted despite Fabio Capello's assertion the 34-year-old LA Galaxy player will be in his World Cup squad if he remains fit at Milan. But, following his first training session with Milan, Beckham told Sky Sports News: "It makes me happy but I know I need to work hard. It's not guaranteed. If I play in games and I do well then obviously I've got a chance because I've been part of the squad for most of the games.

"It's great the manager says that, I'm really pleased he says that, but I know I've got to work hard to be part of the squad. It's not that easy but like I said before I'm really happy to be back here, happy to be training with Milan again and everything to do with the club. It's going to be hard work. I'm ready for that."

Beckham said he was delighted to be back at San Siro. "I missed being in Milan and being with the club because my experience there was so special in six months and it makes you miss the club. I missed playing, being around the team, the players, the fans and everybody at Milan."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...chester-united

Really hope he plays at OT against us in March. Absolute Legend, the reception he'll get from the fans will be something special. Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and Neville all on the pitch together at some point? I hope so

Unread 31-12-2009, 12:08 AM
Terry Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2...chester-united

Really hope he plays at OT against us in March. Absolute Legend, the reception he'll get from the fans will be something special. Beckham, Giggs, Scholes and Neville all on the pitch together at some point? I hope so

His reception will be much better than it would have been around 2004. All the PR and shite that surrounded the move, and comments in his book about how he was buzzing after his "special night" when he scored 2 goals yet we got knocked out of Europe by Real, left a bitter taste for a while.

Thankfully that's water under the bridge now and he'll get the great reception he deserves.

Unread 31-12-2009, 12:10 AM
Sparky***

If anybody at OT dares even to boo him, even in jest, the nearest person should £#%&!ing deck them.

Unread 31-12-2009, 12:13 AM
Camel

do you think they'd agree to having him play 1 half for each side?

Unread 31-12-2009, 12:16 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Silver
His reception will be much better than it would have been around 2004. All the PR and shite that surrounded the move, and comments in his book about how he was buzzing after his "special night" when he scored 2 goals yet we got knocked out of Europe by Real, left a bitter taste for a while.

Thankfully that's water under the bridge now and he'll get the great reception he deserves.
Definitely. If I'm honest, I was kind of relieved when he finally left. The media circus around him in his last couple of years, when he became an England 'hero' again, really pissed me off. But I never went for all that 'Liar 23' shite that those @#%&!s at RI were pushing

He was a terrific player for us and within a couple of months of his move to Madrid I had nothing but good will to him again. Predictably, the england fans and media all turned on him from around Euro 2004 onwards - that only made me like him more! Saying that, hopefully Giggsy will nutmeg him at some point

Unread 31-12-2009, 12:24 AM
wiganste

I reckon I'll boo him
£#%&! off

Unread 31-12-2009, 12:25 AM
Ashley's Grime

shame he got married to that @#%&!.

Unread 31-12-2009, 12:33 AM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I reckon I'll boo him
£#%&! off
Boo, or Boo-urns?

Unread 31-12-2009, 01:28 AM
wonky no

7 £#%&!ing years!

Unread 31-12-2009, 01:45 AM
bcred

I met Becks on the plane Milan to Heathrow a few days after the Rome final.
I only spoke for a few minutes as I didn't want to bother him. He was kind enough to sign a couple of items,very kind,very well spoken.
Legend,another word over used but I think he is.

Unread 31-12-2009, 03:20 AM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
If anybody at OT dares even to boo him, even in jest, the nearest person should £#%&!ing deck them.

Well it certainly wont £#%&!ing be you will it!!

Mr 'United' fan doesnt go games yet telling folk how to behave!!! Shut your £#%&!ing yap! #@&%!-splash!

Unread 31-12-2009, 06:13 AM
Jez Quigley

Always have, always will love Beckham.

How lucky were we to have that Butt, Beckham, Scholes, Giggs, Nevilles generation?

I wish him nothing but the best - and thank him for so many wonderful Utd memories.

Unread 31-12-2009, 09:23 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
do you think they'd agree to having him play 1 half for each side?
If we can get the tie over and done with by half time in the home leg, why not?

Say, 6-0 on aggregate?

Unread 31-12-2009, 09:24 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mao's Favourite Starling

Mr 'United' fan doesnt go games yet telling folk how to behave!!! Shut your £#%&!ing yap! #@&%!-splash!
quality!

Unread 31-12-2009, 09:34 AM
Albert Tatlock

I hope he gets a very warm welcome from the fans when he runs out and lines up.

I hope he is cheered and applauded when he makes some superb crosses and passes in the first 15 minutes...

... then I hope that Evra clatteres him into the advertising boards so hard that he has to be subbed, being given a standing ovation as he's stretchered off. The strecher pausing as it passes Fergie where the pair shake hands.

Unread 31-12-2009, 10:15 AM
BulgarianSpectator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
..........., really pissed me off. But I never went for all that 'Liar 23' shite that those @#%&!s at RI were pushing
There were several good reasons why he was given that moniker. From "I never want to play for any club in the world" to "never say never" to "I knew I could never play for United again" in the space of a week.

As for the "England Saviour" crap, he got the best reception/ovation/adulation of any player at OT (in my lifetime) after the 2-2 draw with Greece in 2001. Sickened me as it came from the same muppets who had a go at him a couple of years before.

Unread 31-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

lolz

Iv met Becks on three seperate occasions. He had great manners and was very friendly. He has a very nice manner about him.

In footballing terms he is an absolute legend in my book. I loved him throughout his time at United. I agree with Watchers in that we sold him at the right time. The circus was in full flow and his performances began to wane. Still, a great player in any event.

Unread 31-12-2009, 10:21 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BulgarianSpectator
There were several good reasons why he was given that moniker. From "I never want to play for any club in the world" to "never say never" to "I knew I could never play for United again" in the space of a week.

As for the "England Saviour" crap, he got the best reception/ovation/adulation of any player at OT (in my lifetime) after the 2-2 draw with Greece in 2001. Sickened me as it came from the same muppets who had a go at him a couple of years before.
liar 23 was %@#$&!s. Absolute %@#$&!s.

Unread 31-12-2009, 10:24 AM
red @rmy

If Beckham had of stayed, we may never of signed Ronaldo. motwyw.

Loves Becks tbh.

Unread 31-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Sparky***

Quote:

Why have you put United in inverted commas? Who are you quoting?

I'm flattered that you've come on to the Internet at 3 in morning to tell me that, though.

And don't get so wound up, you'll spill your pot noodle on your y-fronts. You big tart.
Closed Thread