United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-04-2010, 09:11 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by treme
No because I am a true professional and take great pride in everything I do - except posting.
Professional #@&%! yeah

Unread 27-04-2010, 11:14 AM
Appletango

Default Re: Smalling

I've still not seen this lad play but still find it rather odd.

He doesn't get in the current Fulham side does he? Aaron Hughes is picked above him. He might turn out great but for a guy who has played ten games or so for Fulham and us paying 10m or so seems a bid odd.

In twenty odd years though minus Prunier I can't think of a bad signing he has made for a defender, some haven't been great but he's not had any other disasters are far as I can think.

Unread 27-04-2010, 11:33 AM
red in cumbria

For the 2547th time, Prunier was *never* a "signing"

Not just that, he played well in half his games for us

Unread 27-04-2010, 11:37 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
For the 2547th time, Prunier was *never* a "signing"

Not just that, he played well in half his games for us
You cannot play professional football for a team without signing something ergo he was a signing.

Unread 27-04-2010, 11:40 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
You cannot play professional football for a team without signing something ergo he was a signing.
Yeah, whatever

I notice you didn't contest my second point, though

Unread 27-04-2010, 11:44 AM
forzagarza

Quote:
Yeah, whatever

I notice you didn't contest my second point, though
I cannot remember anything tbh. If 1 or both of the games were at Old Trafford then I almost certainly was there but I might well not have been. I don't even know what the last game I went to was- i only really remember away games and cup finals as the long journeys give me extra reference points for my brain.

Unread 27-04-2010, 11:51 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
I cannot remember anything tbh. If 1 or both of the games were at Old Trafford then I almost certainly was there but I might well not have been. I don't even know what the last game I went to was- i only really remember away games and cup finals as the long journeys give me extra reference points for my brain.

His games were home to QPR (won 2-1 and Prunier did some decent defensive work) and on New Year's Day 1996 Spurs away (lost 4-1 - he had a bit of a holocaust, but the entire defence was at sixes and sevens. It could actually have been something like 7-5 - we weren't bad at all going forward but the home side got the breaks - IIRC Cole had an effort disallowed rather unluckily)

As I have said before, SAF offered him the chance to extend his trial despite that result. He turned it down in a huff and £#%&!ed off back to France. Later on, he went public in saying he should have stayed here a bit longer

Unread 27-04-2010, 11:55 AM
Zorg

Quote:

His games were home to QPR (won 2-1 and Prunier did some decent defensive work) and on New Year's Day 1996 Spurs away (lost 4-1 - he had a bit of a holocaust, but the entire defence was at sixes and sevens. It could actually have been something like 7-5 - we weren't bad at all going forward but the home side got the breaks - IIRC Cole had an effort disallowed rather unluckily)

As I have said before, SAF offered him the chance to extend his trial despite that result. He turned it down in a huff and £#%&!ed off back to France. Later on, he went public in saying he should have stayed here a bit longer
Was that that brilliant overhead kick?
Scandalous that was. Disallowing an overhead kick for foot up
Closed Thread