United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:14 PM
elephantstone

Default Re: Smalling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorilla Monsoon
It fills me with delight that our supporters now slate signings before they've even played a game for the club. I imagine that since Arsenal were also in for him, and with Fergies track record for defenders, he's probably pretty good.
agreed.

If it was a toss up between fergie's track record and scholesscoresgoals there would only be one winner.

I bet he now has a shirt with Nani on the back

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:15 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Don't know much about the lad, but from what I can gather his name may well be an americanised spelling of Schmaling, a Nth German derivitive of Schmal.

It is thought that schmal, or smal, is a nickname given to someone of slight build back in Middle High German times (or perhaps Middle Low), putting it at somewhere between about 1050 and 1500.

Given the political influence of the Nth German region on the scandanavian royal houses during this period it is possible that Smalling is actually of Swedish or even Danish descent, and may find relatives in the area dating back as far as Old Saxon times.

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginners
phelan was talking about him on mutv a while back, spoke very highly of him and said he was the most natural defender he'd seen

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:16 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
agreed.

If it was a toss up between fergie's track record and scholesscoresgoals there would only be one winner.

I bet he now has a shirt with Nani on the back
WTF

My track record reads played 36, won 35 drawn 1.
Recruited lots of new talent and have possibly the finest under 7's team in the north west....FACT

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:18 PM
forzagarza

Buying Smalling is basically a fraudulent transaction at the expence of Manchester United so one man can gain a large amount of cash. You all know who I mean.

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:18 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
Buying Smalling is basically a fraudulent transaction at the expence of Manchester United so one man can gain a large amount of cash. You all know who I mean.
Smalling

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Hamlet?

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:30 PM
Ben

cant argue with his goal scoring record.
prolific

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:41 PM
Rhodzy

Looks pretty good

Unread 26-04-2010, 05:42 PM
teflon_terry

Quote:
Thatcher.

Unread 26-04-2010, 06:13 PM
borsuk

another own goal the other day. second top scorer? might overtake rooney next season.

Unread 26-04-2010, 06:18 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
hand ball that at 1:52

Unread 26-04-2010, 07:19 PM
Allenby Chilton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh Jardon
you know the old saying

Smalling by name, smalling by nature
For some reason my dad thinks he's called Smallbone - maybe he's no Dion Dublin?

Unread 26-04-2010, 07:32 PM
believe

Quote:
phelan was talking about him on mutv a while back, spoke very highly of him and said he was the most natural defender he'd seen

Unread 26-04-2010, 07:37 PM
BulgarianSpectator

Quote:
That was said of me when I was 12. I think it really meant "he can't pass, dribble, run or shoot", but being called a "defender" doesn't hurt your feelings as much.

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:32 PM
Charlestown Rouge

Might as well drop him off in a body bag.

I remember some @#%&!s (including one particular corpulent @#%&! from Rochdale) writing off Vidic and Evra after they'd played a couple of games let alone put pen to paper.

Unread 26-04-2010, 10:40 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge

I remember some @#%&!s (including one particular corpulent @#%&! from Rochdale) writing off Vidic and Evra after they'd played a couple of games let alone put pen to paper.
Bit harsh on Toilet Sniffer.

Unread 26-04-2010, 11:24 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

hilarious isn't it.

jcl's on fire tonight!

Unread 26-04-2010, 11:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

I remember some @#%&!s (including one particular corpulent @#%&! from Rochdale) writing off Vidic and Evra after they'd played a couple of games let alone put pen to paper
"A couple" of games?? Just one, more like

Re Smalling - it is surely obvious he has pretty much lost interest in playing for Fulham since he agreed to join us this summer. Not exactly rocket science is it, wouldn't you feel much the same in that situation?

Unread 26-04-2010, 11:37 PM
treme

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
"A couple" of games?? Just one, more like

Re Smalling - it is surely obvious he has pretty much lost interest in playing for Fulham since he agreed to join us this summer. Not exactly rocket science is it, wouldn't you feel much the same in that situation?
No because I am a true professional and take great pride in everything I do - except posting.
Closed Thread