United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:09 PM
My Name is Keith

Fergie had a platform of unbridled success at the club to give him the power to ride out shit periods. Lvg has only had a shit period at the club and has managed to lose the dressing room with even the players he's brought in stinking the place out more than most.

Literally everything that could go wrong has done - his tactics, his squad management, his motivational skills, his substitutions, his training, his injuries, his football. It's all been shit. But yeah, Paul scholes has been a bit critical.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:10 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
I honestly think this angle is being overplayed.
I think Scholes is no different to me, you or anybody else on here. Just a United fan with a view on how we should play.
I don't doubt that him & Giggsy probably have a moan on the phone about stuff but there's no agenda (I don't think anyway)

People keep talking about Rooney, but Fellaini is the biggest issue. Why on earth is he getting a shirt every week?? It's insane.
I used to say he was a "Stoke player" but having seen them today he's not even their type of player any more.
He's a Championship player at best.

Van Gaal isn't doing himself any favours, regardless of what Giggs, Scholes, Rooney etc.. do or say.
Agree about Fellaini. Awful again today. I wonder if he's one of the few Van Gaal guys left. Can't think of another reason.

re Scholes, he's my favourite ever player, utterly love him. But when the fans are singing his name as a way of criticising the manager you know there's a problem. Players generally escaped criticism from him this season, just honed in on the manager and encouraged all focus on him. That set where he, Rio and Owen told us that all the players sold would get in our team now

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:12 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
scholes has always spoke his mind.

was he overly critical of rooney last season to the point where rooney had a dig back in the press.
So, what's Rooney done since to convince scholes to change his opinion? Because his public opinion about Rooney has certainly changed.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Not caught up with the thread the last few hours. I'm curious, would you keep him? Don't think it's untenable?
Feels irrelevant now, but I'd want to know the state of it on the ground. Today they never looked interested. If that's the mood and it's not going to change, then there's not much choice. Our position in the league is easily recoverable, but the players have to want it obvs.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:14 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Talking about scholes smacks of diverting attention away from the problem. Scholes role in all this is minor - a bit part, almost irrelevant.
Scholes' role in all this is the exact same one it was with moyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
exactly.
It's not as if Scholesy was digging us out when we were playing well. There was no spite, no churlishness, no co92 agenda. He just called it as he saw it.

United should have a certain way of playing. There should be risks in the final third, it should be you score 3 we'll score 4.
I know that's fairly simplistic & there are times when you have to change, but the state of our Football this season ffs
What exactly is Scholesy supposed to say???
So, where were their public criticism of united's football during fergie's dull as £#%&! last few years?

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:21 PM
redhegemony

Not many Louis signings out there today: Memphis, Martial, Herrera, Blind?

But out of the rest who would have made a difference? Bastian, Darmian? Rojo?

The real issues is that he has addressed the bottom/middle group of players but not the top end (quality and/or money wise) e.g. Fellaini, Mata and the diminishing Rooney and Carrick.

so two midfielders, a right wing and a centre forward. assuming we don't need a centre half.

At going rates what's that £150m Probably more with not much coming back.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:22 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Scholes' role in all this is the exact same one it was with moyes.

So, where were their public criticism of united's football during fergie's dull as £#%&! last few years?
Are you mental?

Fergie had just delivered the biggest success of any British manager at any British club. He clearly wasn't going to get shit from the press or fans.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Fergie had a platform of unbridled success at the club to give him the power to ride out shit periods. Lvg has only had a shit period at the club and has managed to lose the dressing room with even the players he's brought in stinking the place out more than most.

Literally everything that could go wrong has done - his tactics, his squad management, his motivational skills, his substitutions, his training, his injuries, his football. It's all been shit. But yeah, Paul scholes has been a bit critical.
Sounds like fergie's first 5 years.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:24 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Yep, that's your view. I'm okay with that, so maybe just accept mine that the club would have been better sticking together.

Nothing I'm saying now I wasn't saying at the time, when Van Gaal was totally secure and United looked title contenders.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:26 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
Not many Louis signings out there today: Memphis, Martial, Herrera, Blind?

But out of the rest who would have made a difference? Bastian, Darmian? Rojo?

The real issues is that he has addressed the bottom/middle group of players but not the top end (quality and/or money wise) e.g. Fellaini, Mata and the diminishing Rooney and Carrick.

so two midfielders, a right wing and a centre forward. assuming we don't need a centre half.

At going rates what's that £150m Probably more with not much coming back.
It's what top players cost. People go on about what United have spent, whilst ignoring what teams from a stronger starting position have also spent during the same time period. 200m plus is £#%&! all.

Quote:
Are you mental?

Fergie had just delivered the biggest success of any British manager at any British club. He clearly wasn't going to get shit from the press or fans.
So, dull football is ok then so long as it's associated with success? I'm sure we've just had a number of months being told differently by Ferguson ex players. The media, and the ex players other than Ferdinand, all make out it was the proper United way under fergie - swashbuckling, risk taking football with flying wingers, and it only stopped when he left.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:33 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
It's what top players cost. People go on about what United have spent, whilst ignoring what teams from a stronger starting position have also spent during the same time period. 200m plus is £#%&! all.

So, dull football is ok then so long as it's associated with success? I'm sure we've just had a number of months being told differently by Ferguson ex players.
What i am saying is he's done the easier bit of the job - shifting some of the average players is nothing compared to trying to get someone like Harry Kane to sign.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:35 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep, that's your view. I'm okay with that, so maybe just accept mine that the club would have been better sticking together.

what? The club sticking together is of course important but the reason they haven't is because of van gaal not Paul Scholes.

Anyway, I'm £#%&!ed if I'm carrying on with this shit now. Might feel different tomorrow. United are an absolute shambles and I lay the blame for that with that stupid Dutch #@&%!.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:42 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
what? The club sticking together is of course important but the reason they haven't is because of van gaal not Paul Scholes.

Anyway, I'm £#%&!ed if I'm carrying on with this shit now. Might feel different tomorrow. United are an absolute shambles and I lay the blame for that with that stupid Dutch #@&%!.
I dunno. From what I've seen, he's been great with the fans, club events, made great efforts with Giggs, with Rooney, and enjoyed unusually cordial relations with the suits at the club

In return he's had players briefing against him all season, ex-players slaughtering him in unison, little public support on record from anyone and the players chucking it in during the game that may have cost him his job.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:42 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:

This....he is a £#%&!ing useless @#%&! worse than Moyes ffs

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:45 PM
Luffy

LVG definitely to blame, he keeps trying the same things, he keeps playing the same shitty players in shit positions

We should know that Memphis isn't working on the left wing, why not play young there? Why not play martial left and Memphis right? Switch it up.

Why does he insist on fellaini or Rooney as the no.10?? It's almost never anyone else.

Why does he keep telling us to hoof it to fellaini? He's not great at long balls!

We could've done with januzaj right now with Memphis being utter shit. Or rafael.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:48 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
I dunno. From what I've seen, he's been great with the fans, club events, made great efforts with Giggs, with Rooney, and enjoyed unusually cordial relations with the suits at the club

In return he's had players briefing against him all season, ex-players slaughtering him in unison, little public support on record from anyone and the players chucking it in during the game that may have cost him his job.
I actually think MNIK was referring to actual football on the pitch pal

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:49 PM
ewaawoowaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
LVG definitely to blame, he keeps trying the same things, he keeps playing the same shitty players in shit positions

We should know that Memphis isn't working on the left wing, why not play young there? Why not play martial left and Memphis right? Switch it up.

Why does he insist on fellaini or Rooney as the no.10?? It's almost never anyone else.

Why does he keep telling us to hoof it to fellaini? He's not great at long balls!

We could've done with januzaj right now with Memphis being utter shit. Or rafael.

The team of players that LVG got rid of would easily have won this league under fergie.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:50 PM
Knockers

Quote:

Literally none of that matters whatsoever. He manages the team and the team are shit. End of story.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:51 PM
S/Side.Red

Football

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
I actually think MNIK was referring to actual football on the pitch pal
No, he was talking about the club sticking together. Because he was responding to me talking about the club sticking together. etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Literally none of that matters whatsoever. He manages the team and the team are shit. End of story.
They are presumably shit because the team/club is not united for whatever reason. £#%&!ing hell, lads.

Unread 26-12-2015, 11:56 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
So, dull football is ok then so long as it's associated with success? I'm sure we've just had a number of months being told differently by Ferguson ex players. The media, and the ex players other than Ferdinand, all make out it was the proper United way under fergie - swashbuckling, risk taking football with flying wingers, and it only stopped when he left.
Not sure how you can compare Fergie's last few years with what LvG has produced

Aside from actually winning some trophies we scored lots of goals, created a lot of chances and had many exciting games (like all those come from behind victories in Fergie's last season)

It certainly wasn't a great side and I had a problem with how far behind the best in Europe we had fallen tactically but on the whole it certainly wasn't boring

After what LvG (and Moyes before him) have produced those last few years under Fergie look like a golden era