United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-03-2014, 01:19 PM
puressence

Default the 500 million nike srtadium ....

Why not. We can boycott .. Fly a plane

Unread 30-03-2014, 01:21 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Why not. We can boycott .. Fly a plane
Oooh let's have a poll.

Who prefers Nike stadium or Adidas stadium.

Anyway at least we can pay off the debt now.

Unread 30-03-2014, 01:24 PM
Johnaldo

cryptic crossword?

Unread 30-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Oooh let's have a poll.

Who prefers Nike stadium or Adidas stadium.

Anyway at least we can pay off the debt now.
The Club have always maintained a stance that they would not sell the name rights to the stadium, but why not? Does it really matter? As a United fan I would not suddenly start thinking of it as The Nike Stadium or The American Airlines Stadium, it would still be Old Trafford. Sure the press would name it as whatever whenever they mentioned it, and match commentators would say live from wherever, but who gives a £#%&! what the press or match commentators say?

Would be huge revenue, and if it was used to reduce or even remove the debt attached to the club then it would be well worth it imo.

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:03 PM
Withers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvel7
The Club have always maintained a stance that they would not sell the name rights to the stadium, but why not? Does it really matter? As a United fan I would not suddenly start thinking of it as The Nike Stadium or The American Airlines Stadium, it would still be Old Trafford. Sure the press would name it as whatever whenever they mentioned it, and match commentators would say live from wherever, but who gives a £#%&! what the press or match commentators say?

Would be huge revenue, and if it was used to reduce or even remove the debt attached to the club then it would be well worth it imo.
Well for them it would be yes.

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:05 PM
Vedder

The Nike arena

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:05 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

If Old Trafford is ever renamed to something like The Nike Superdome then that's me done with Utd

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:08 PM
Marvel7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
If Old Trafford is ever renamed to something like The Nike Superdome then that's me done with Utd
why?

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:09 PM
signed dc

Would prefer The Mister Potato Arena tbh

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:15 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
why?
One step too far

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:16 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Topred. Yhbr

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:20 PM
Aman27deep

If it pays the debt then definitely do it. We need ask the monetary help we can get at this stage. We're perhaps one of five football clubs in world football who can do it for such a huge sum. Half a billion pounds is no joke.

Moreover it'll only be the name used officially. Every single fan will still call our stadium Old Trafford.

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:24 PM
Child of Darkness

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
If it pays the debt then definitely do it. We need ask the monetary help we can get at this stage. We're perhaps one of five football clubs in world football who can do it for such a huge sum. Half a billion pounds is no joke.

Moreover it'll only be the name used officially. Every single fan will still call our stadium Old Trafford.
It's not my debt it's our lovely owners

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:28 PM
Aman27deep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
It's not my debt it's our lovely owners
Sadly they don't care about it, we do. Moyes' reign of terror will ensure our revenues dropping in half in the upcoming years. Getting rid of the debt is imperative to progress.

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:35 PM
ryanMUFC

If it gets called the nike srtadium I'm done with life.

Unread 30-03-2014, 02:48 PM
Batistuta

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
If it gets called the nike srtadium I'm done with life.
£#%&! trying to pronounce that

Unread 30-03-2014, 03:59 PM
HarkNowHear

a reason should one be required

Unread 30-03-2014, 05:03 PM
Sparky***

So it's alright for Bayern Munich to play in the "allianz arena", but not us we're special.

They'll do whatever they want with it. Just keep turning up and singing "20 times" you mindless £#%&!ing pleb.

Unread 30-03-2014, 05:11 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
So it's alright for Bayern Munich to play in the "allianz arena", but not us we're special.

They'll do whatever they want with it. Just keep turning up and singing "20 times" you mindless £#%&!ing pleb.
there's a bit of a difference.

Unread 30-03-2014, 05:14 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
there's a bit of a difference.
The word "play" for starters - very vague.

Some people still not over the move from Bank Street vs2c
Closed Thread