United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:11 PM
Lok

Default Classic Moyes quotes

Following on from Today's "We're going to try & make it as difficult as possible for Newcastle tomorrow", I thought I'd take a look at some of the other crackers that have come from our beloved manager's mouth.

"We're looking at world class players. United are always interested in signing the very best players in the game" a few weeks before United panic sign Fellaini.

"I'm happy with the result" commenting on a 2-2 draw against Cardiff.

"We'll need Rooney in case RvP get's injured" helping to make one of his most important players feel loved.

"The tell me that Kagawa is a good player" this came after he'd been training with him for some weeks.

"It was always going to take time for me to change things" speaking about how difficult it is taking over a team that won the league by 11pts.

Feel free to add your own.

Thanks for reading.

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:14 PM
ZiggyStardust

David £#%&!ing Moyes

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:20 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
We looked quite easy to play against which is not the norm for Manchester United.
After the City game.

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:24 PM
ryanMUFC

"You can ask me if robin is playing but I might not tell you"
Journalist- "is van persie playing tomorrow"
"I didn't say I'd tell you"

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:31 PM
boreez

"We wants it, we needs it. Must have the precious."

Think it's a paraphrase actually.

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:36 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

"Pinch me, I'm dreaming that with no European experience, no cup wins and a terrible record against top English teams , I got a six year contract at Manchester United! They even let me bring my under qualified back room staff ! "

Unclear when it was said.

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:38 PM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by DakotaFredsBigShoe
"Pinch me, I'm dreaming that with no European experience, no cup wins and a terrible record against top English teams , I got a six year contract at Manchester United! They even let me bring my under qualified back room staff ! "

Unclear when it was said.
You been tapping up his phone calls to his missus?

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:39 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Following on from Today's "We're going to try & make it as difficult as possible for Newcastle tomorrow",
£#%&!ing what?

That's what managers of newly-promoted teams say when going away to the league leaders.

£#%&! me sideways.

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:43 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
£#%&! me sideways.
That's what Moyes says when we're playing anyone decent.

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:44 PM
ZiggyStardust

Not sure what the actual quote was but during the pre-season tour when he talked up our chances of signing Cesc Fabregas

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:45 PM
andyroo

Saying we need Rooney as back-up for Van Persie.

Yeah I know we had that one already but it's a doozy. Or in other words I didn't read the OP properly

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:47 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That's what Moyes says when we're playing anyone decent.
We're playing Newcastle

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:48 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
We're playing Newcastle
I meant the "£#%&! me sideways" bit not the actual quote. But now you come to mention it...

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:49 PM
S/Side.Red

First press conference, when asked if he planned to uphold United's traditions of entertaining and exciting football.

Quote:
"I hope that will be the way, but as I said, I would always probably put winning at the top of the list. I don't think I've ever changed from that. And I'm sure Sir Alex would as well. I think if you had a great entertaining team but didn't win the games, it doesn't quite get you anywhere. So I think you've got to get the balance right."
In other words, "no"

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Meanwhile Mourinho:

Quote:
“If it is another club I'd say it was impossible, but not with United.

“The potential of the team, what the club represents, the culture of the club.

It's not a club in panic, a club where you feel the end of the world is arriving.

“They are calm. They go the same way. They support the manager.

“Nobody touches the manager. They have a project. If they don't win this season, they think they'll win next season.

“It's a stable situation, an example for others. For that, they are still contenders.

“They will fight and try and get 12, 15 points in a row, waiting for matches between City and Arsenal, Arsenal and Chelsea, Liverpool and Tottenham, where others will lose points.

“Yes, they are still contenders.”

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:56 PM
Zorg

"I’m the manager of the most famous club in the world. I’m not at Newcastle, a wee club in the north-east. But that’s a fact of life."

Oh hang on, that was Ferguson.

Unread 06-12-2013, 04:59 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Meanwhile Mourinho:

Still only talking about us. It's like he never left.

Unread 06-12-2013, 05:03 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
First press conference, when asked if he planned to uphold United's traditions of entertaining and exciting football.

In other words, "no"
Playing attractive attacking football is so against the grain for Moyes that he couldn't even lie in his first press conference and say he wanted to carry on Utd's tradition of cavalier football

Instead he used a lot of words which as you said just spelt out No!

Unread 06-12-2013, 05:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Playing attractive attacking football is so against the grain for Moyes that he couldn't even lie in his first press conference and say he wanted to carry on Utd's tradition of cavalier football

Instead he used a lot of words which as you said just spelt out No!
The question's a trap. It's a malicious leading question deliberately set up so he can be pilloried whatever he answered.

Of course someone with real balls would've answered "why not both?"

Froggle would've attacked the questioner...

Unread 06-12-2013, 05:09 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

These quotes today, Keegan-esk?
Closed Thread