United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 19-05-2015, 09:39 AM
Ethers

It's £#%&!.

State of some of the cretins in that video. The lad with the thumb head taking a selfie video during the whole thing ffs.

Unread 19-05-2015, 09:42 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
It's shite.

And the singing section, as predicted, has been utterly woeful and overall have made less noise than the previous occupants. Full of bobblehatted replica clad @#%&!s and wayne's ears.
is Wayne's ears in there?

the main instigators of a singing section never even moved to the £#%&!ing thing

Unread 19-05-2015, 09:52 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone

the main instigators of a singing section never even moved to the £#%&!ing thing
He is. Never goes though cos he works 75 hours a week in that pub.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Don't see what's wrong with 20 times or What a night chants tbh
They are both poor but would be tolerable if they weren't being sung at 60mph and every 15 minutes.

United's full repertoire consists of about 5 songs these days. :shakehead:

Unread 19-05-2015, 10:32 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Don't see what's wrong with 20 times or What a night chants tbh (well apart from some singing Ole scored a goal in extra time instead of injury time :shakehead

At least they are to a different tune and not another sloop john b knockoff

Although I can't stand kicking a blue. Utter shite

I actually agree with Boyle over this chant. It's good but the fact alcoholism destroyed his life and ended up killing him I'm not sure singing about going on the piss with him is in the right taste personally
"we won the cup in time added on for injuries, substitutions, goal celebrations and other stoppages at the referee's discretion in barcelona!" catchy.

scans nearly as well as well as "when I die and they lay me to rest, I'm going to sit drinking camomile tea in a retreat overlooking a beautiful landscape with georgie best and the dalai lama, if he dies before I do (and stays dead this time)."

Unread 19-05-2015, 10:34 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
are they Boyles mates?

I can't £#%&!ing stand 20 times, personal opinion of course but it's just terrible.

Also there's no point saying 'spirit in the sky' sits uncomfortably when there is an undercurrent of casual racism that run through a lot of united songs. They're just football chants....

Unread 19-05-2015, 10:47 AM
marlo

I don't like it, not gonna sing it at games I don't think!

Unread 19-05-2015, 10:51 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

Unread 19-05-2015, 11:00 AM
Semantic Lisp

I like it. More for on the way to and from the game than at it though

If United don't sing they're shit, if they do sing they should sing differently/slower/faster/something else/less/more... zzzzzzz

United's best songs reference the past, or have a hint of violence. The most powerful is always "United' as a wall of angry noise... doesn't happen anywhere near often enough. All these camp Boyle-esque songs are filler.

Unread 19-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Don't like won't sing.

Unread 19-05-2015, 01:25 PM
Time For Heroes

I thought when it first started, the 'oh what a night' says that 'Ole scored a goal in Fergie time'.......am I wrong or has it changed??

Unread 19-05-2015, 01:26 PM
20 times

I've not heard it yet but I'm assuming its shit

Unread 19-05-2015, 02:05 PM
elephantstone

a lot of reds presuming that they are going to get in to the kingdom of heaven by the sounds of it.

Unread 19-05-2015, 03:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
a lot of reds presuming that they are going to get in to the kingdom of heaven by the sounds of it.
I know, as if there's a £#%&!ing heaven.

Quote:
Probably just better stick to Blue Moon mate.

Unread 19-05-2015, 07:12 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
I am. I like it. I dont like this spirit in the sky chant

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
He is. Never goes though cos he works 75 hours a week in that pub.

#@&%!

Unread 20-05-2015, 12:57 AM
class of 68

Quote:
they all sound decent for the first couple of weeks until they become so fast you can barely make them out. When did fast singing become all the rage?
it took over from the happy clapper day trippers, who would clap along not singing until they had learnt the words, then they couldn't wait to start the next line, to look cool (look at me, I know the words) then as the weeks went on, Usain Bolt would struggle keeping pace

Unread 20-05-2015, 05:49 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by class of 68
it took over from the happy clapper day trippers, who would clap along not singing until they had learnt the words, then they couldn't wait to start the next line, to look cool (look at me, I know the words) then as the weeks went on, Usain Bolt would struggle keeping pace
racist

Unread 20-05-2015, 03:17 PM
bcred

I agree with Boyle.
I'm going to sing 'go on the pull with Georgie Best' as we both do well with the ladies.

Unread 20-05-2015, 04:04 PM
Neo

Thumbs up

Love it.

Got it going in a few public spaces already.

Some quite high risk places, too. No £#%&!s given though, obviously.

Unread 20-05-2015, 04:06 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Love it.

Got it going in a few public spaces already.

Some quite high risk places, too. No £#%&!s given though, obviously.

Lime Street again pal?

Unread 20-05-2015, 07:21 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Red Bull, ching-chong and techno.
Quote:
are they Boyles mates?
That's wacist, he's known as Mister Miaggi

Quote:
TBH won't go down well at the Emptyhad or Emirates
Closed Thread