Sparky***

amazing football

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:15 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
4 Windows.

That's what he aimed for. He failed.

Nobody had an issue with what he tried to do, they had an issue with what he produced.

Ultimately, results and performances became so bad, two years in, that he had to go.

No hard feelings, Louis.... but you also don't get to brag about *that* mate.
2. No signings were made in the Jan windows. So he had 2 months at the beginning of his first season and one full window.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:16 PM
utd99

Whatever, this whole forum is becoming one big wind up.

S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
His football is currently pissing the league tbf.
Philosophy

LFOD

Quote:
What you are seeing from Guardiola is a modified version of what van Gaal wants from his team.

He shafted himself by pinning his hopes on Mata and Rooney and leaving himself short on attackers season. That is what he was aiming for though.

2 Windows was his limit to complete revamp the playing squad and produce scintillating football..

Didn’t his lowest ebb come when he had 10+ players out injured for 2-3 months as well? We miss Pogba currently and the whole thing turns to shit.
he dicked himself then , with concerns to mata and rooney along with RVP , Falcow , ADM and the flash @#%&! in lyon. blind , rojo , morgan , et,al,

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:18 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Daresay you could pull a fair few of Mou’s games as examples of shit performances too.

Don’t think I’ve seen one performance as good to watch as the FA Cup Semi under Mou tbh.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:18 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
That £#%&!ing @#%&! Herrera

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:19 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
2. No signings were made in the Jan windows. So he had 2 months at the beginning of his first season and one full window.
So because he didn't sign anyone in those windows, we're not counting them?

Mate, he had 4 Windows. Two summer ones, two January ones.

Sparky***

Quote:
Daresay you could pull a fair few of Mou’s games as examples of shit performances too.

Don’t think I’ve seen one performance as good to watch as the FA Cup Semi under Mou tbh.

Philosshhofeee

S/Side.Red

Quote:
4 Windows.

That's what he aimed for. He failed.

Nobody had an issue with what he tried to do, they had an issue with what he produced.

Ultimately, results and performances became so bad, two years in, that he had to go.

It wasn't all his fault, but the buck stops with him. Just as it did for Moyes and will for Mourinho.

No hard feelings, Louis.... but you also don't get to brag about *that* mate.
Not true at all. We were constantly told that his approach was the problem.

Shame he’s chosen this moment to make his point though.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
His football is currently pissing the league tbf.

Was only partly his fault that he didn’t have the players in the important positions. Something being used as an excuse for Mou, and Pep used as an excuse last season..
It's Guardiola's football, not LvG's
I don't recall Guardiola instructing Vincent Kompany to take corners
I don't recall Guardiola telling his team to hit corners back to the half way line.
Guardiola's team actually do have shots on goal in the first half of games and aren't a pile of shit

Who here is using it as an excuse for him now? He has the players that could have caused City major problems yesterday but, for whatever reason, they didn't.

People can point to City's spending or having better players in areas of their squad etc but, David Moyes' West Ham caused them more hassle than us, away from home!! David Moyes!!

I like Mourinho and all but..

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:20 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Philosophy
Yes, it was great to see yesterday.

Good to see Mourinho inspire Allardyce to a point at Anfield too.

Good God.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
So because he didn't sign anyone in those windows, we're not counting them?

Mate, he had 4 Windows. Two summer ones, two January ones.
Call it 4 then. Mourinho’s 4th starts in less than a month. So he’s 3/4’s of the way through the same time period, has spent more money and it’s shit.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Sparky***

1-2

0-1

Louis van gaal's football. Pissing the league.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:24 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not true at all. We were constantly told that his approach was the problem.

Shame he’s chosen this moment to make his point though.
The philosophy, the idea, wasn't the issue. The execution and doubts as to whether it translates was.

I don't know anybody who had a problem with the idea of it before he started implementing it. He was a very popular choice when he took over and we knew what he was all about. And when it worked, there were no complaints (unlike now). Everyone will cite Juanfield as their best Anfield perofmance from a United side in years.

It's was the execution. THEN people will start to question the method, ofcourse, when it starts to go wrong.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:25 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Give over - Everton dominated us throughout the majority of the 2nd half until we scored towards he end. 1st half we were v decent. Everton weren’t very good btw.

Van gaal did not play attacking football - his football was by and large safety first shit. His teams kept the ball and there is a risk to that approach - although it doesn’t present itself as such and you really have to squeeze the life out of the definition to describe it that way. The football under mou is also pretty shit and people are rightfully criticising him. It’s called proportion and balance.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:26 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Call it 4 then. Mourinho’s 4th starts in less than a month. So he’s 3/4’s of the way through the same time period, has spent more money and it’s shit.
He will be judged at the end of the season just like lvg was. And rightly so. Said it last season when we were comparing his first season with LVGs second.

The difference is that I expect Mourinho will achieve the bare minimum to keep his job. Moyes and lvg didn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Why are you bothering? They’d eat a rancid cow’s a****** if Van Gaal told them it was caviar.
Because I'm a £#%&!ing idiot.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
The philosophy, the idea, wasn't the issue. The execution and doubts as to whether it translates was.

I don't know anybody who had a problem with the idea of it before he started implementing it. He was a very popular choice when he took over and we knew what he was all about. And when it worked, there were no complaints (unlike now). Everyone will cite Juanfield as their best Anfield perofmance from a United side in years.

It's was the execution. THEN people will start to question the method, ofcourse, when it starts to go wrong.
Not true. People blamed the tactics for Rooney not being able to score. See Keith’s post. It was all the managers fault when average players and a 15-man injury list derailed the season.

Biggest indication of the misconception - the Big Man was consistently blamed for Herrera being shite. Mad to think of it now tbh.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:31 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Whatever, this whole forum is becoming one big wind up.
Sad but true.

Unread 11-12-2017, 10:32 PM
20 times

People still arguing about this demented shithead

Harsh on siders etc
Closed Thread