Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-12-2020, 09:26 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
He's only 6 foot .From here on in you will be known 'Little Chief '
Only 6 foot??

That’s a full three inches above the optimal male height.

Great for getting on the end of a cross, but terrible for diving down a tunnel in a special ops scenario.

Only 6 foot

Unread 07-12-2020, 09:28 PM
suedeshoes

I didn't know Cream was a dwarf.

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:11 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
We’re swapping Pogba for him in Jan aren’t we?

Called it in July.

Unread 08-12-2020, 12:18 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
42 but he was well down the divisions by then. Think Giggs was older for last top flight appearance.

edit: no he wasn't, Sheringham was 40 when he played his last top flight match and that's the record in England.
Well so was Giggsy (last playing appearance in May 2014) so there must only be a few months in it.

Unread 08-12-2020, 02:27 PM
Switching Off

Nit sure I heard right but think Tancredi Palmeri just said we should hear something about a deal between Juve and United not related to Pogba in the next hour.

Unread 08-12-2020, 03:15 PM
naes_sean

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:01 AM
armchair

Starting to gain a bit of traction.

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:18 AM
BarryX

Only one gif for it

Sorry, not sorry.

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:21 AM
Stickman

Think I’d play him any position over any of our players bar the keeper.

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:23 AM
Zorg

Still has a house in Eccles iirc

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:24 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
Starting to gain a bit of traction.

If this happens I may have to insist on a little sage recognition. This would surpass my RvP call I think.

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:27 AM
Patty_b

If this happens in Jan and he joins with no Champions League football for the rest of the season it would be massive, and it would make me love him even more (which I didn't think possible).

Christ I hope this happens

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:29 AM
BarryX

He'd have to be captain, right?!

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:33 AM
utd99

Imagine how much better our young players would become under the tutelage of Ronnie, Bruno and Cavani rather than Pogba, Martial and Lingard.

Proper men. Proper pro’s.

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:44 AM
Patty_b

Imagine how much bigger the balls of everyone on the pitch would be if he came back. At the moment Big %@#$&!s Bruno is doing the best he can, and what a job he's doing. But the confidence the team would have in itself having Ronaldo back in the team is priceless.

We might even start getting some goals from set pieces

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
He'd have to be captain, right?!
Give him what he wants. Anything. Statue. Stand named after him. Lingard as a pet for his kid. I'm willing to throw the wife in if it helps get any deal over the line.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Imagine how much better our young players would become under the tutelage of Ronnie, Bruno and Cavani rather than Pogba, Martial and Lingard.

There's still a lot to learn from them. Although more as a case study of how not to be a massive @#%&! rather than being a proper professional footballer.

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:46 AM
NedKelly

Baffling how Martial gets thrown in with Pogba and Lingard. Even if you don’t like the guy he’s never conducted himself in the way they have. Marlo maybe had a point about the real agenda? Can’t say that for certain but if there’s enough smoke...

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:55 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Baffling how Martial gets thrown in with Pogba and Lingard. Even if you don’t like the guy he’s never conducted himself in the way they have. Marlo maybe had a point about the real agenda? Can’t say that for certain but if there’s enough smoke...
You mean like the way people are piling into Rashford? Oh, wait.
Or you mean the way they go easy on Lindelof and Maguire? Oh, wait.

It’s £#%&! all to do with identity politics (for most of us at least) and all to do with combinations of their ability, attitude, behaviour, performances and agent.

Unread 11-12-2020, 11:57 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
You mean like the way people are piling into Rashford? Oh, wait.
Or you mean the way they go easy on Lindelof and Maguire? Oh, wait.

It’s £#%&! all to do with identity politics (for most of us at least) and all to do with combinations of their ability, attitude, behaviour, performances and agent.
Straight on the defensive! Jesus, I wasn’t calling you personally out but now I’m beginning to wonder. Pray tell what is wrong with Martial’s ability, attitude, behaviour and his agent? The performances haven’t been great but he still makes several chances for himself and others.

Thought you were better than this tbh.

Unread 11-12-2020, 12:09 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Straight on the defensive! Jesus, I wasn’t calling you personally out but now I’m beginning to wonder. Pray tell what is wrong with Martial’s ability, attitude, behaviour and his agent? The performances haven’t been great but he still makes several chances for himself and others.

Thought you were better than this tbh.
I wasn’t taking it personally Ned.
Nor am I suggesting all issues are common.
Jesse is simply not good enough.
Pogba has a terrible agent.
Martial isn’t consistent enough in his performances for reasons unknown.

Other factors can be attributed. Others in the squad aren’t good enough for where we want to be but at least since Ole arrived he has sidelined many, in some cases more permanently than others.

Unread 11-12-2020, 12:11 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

Very much this.
Closed Thread