Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Inside i think.
"okay."

Unread 03-07-2009, 07:54 AM
Walter Sobchak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Ronaldo has come out of this looking quite good. Cant really blame him at all, he didnt angle for a move publicly, he kept his head down and stayed another year when asked to. I still hope Madrid win £#%&! all but I wish him all the best personally.
How the £#%&! can you say he didn't angle for a move publicly? FFS

Unread 03-07-2009, 08:11 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
I can't find it in me to dislike him tbh. Was and absolute honour and a privilege to watch that lad in the shirt. Nice to see he appreciates us, Ferg and his team mates as well as enjoying his time at OT whilst winning the £#%&!ing lot.

He could be infuriating at times but the good outweighed the bad astronomically. If he would have played to the whistle rather than throwing a strop on occasion, sorted the childish side of himself and a little more graft on the defensive side he'd be up there with Diego and Edson. The jammy @#%&! has still got time to do that tbf, just hope he's moved from Madrid by then.

Oh and those abs :swoon:

I hope Tevez's head fall off

Wayne is up there with Robbo, Paul Parker, Gary Pallister, Andy Cole and Mad Pat in my Man Crush stakes.
he's still a @#%&!

Unread 03-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
"okay."
''Okay.''

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:18 PM
Smeggs

his face smiled up at me when i got handed 'shortlist' on yesterdays juorney into work.

i initally thought i won't £#%&!ing read that but in the end i did and i agree he said all the right things. him and wayne had a phenonmenal on pitch chemistry that brought me/us many many amazing moments.

Unread 03-07-2009, 02:29 PM
Sparky***

he's bowed out with a bit of class, which is always nice to see.

unlike £#%&!ing 'animal' from the muppets who is a tosser.

Unread 03-07-2009, 03:10 PM
dodger

Quote:
stayed another year when asked to. I still hope Madrid win £#%&! all but I wish him all the best personally.

Unread 03-07-2009, 04:53 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Well said Ronnie

Unread 03-07-2009, 07:58 PM
Barney77

For the record, both inside and outside of the quotation marks is acceptable.

As with a lot of these things, it's traditionally a GB English (outside) versus US English (inside) trend but it's now a lot more fuzzy than that.

There's a whole argument that can be stated for either way. Maybe it should be left to personal choice and what format you're used to using without incorrect corrections being stated.

Unread 03-07-2009, 08:15 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
The world's priciest footballer has poured praise on the his former team-mate at United...
2 Jul 2009 14:26:41

Real Madrid's most expensive acquisition, Cristiano Ronaldo, has opted to speak out in favour of former Manchester United team-mate Wayne Rooney, hailing the powerful Englishman's ability and attitude, adding that he would "die for the team".
The two players had an infamous confrontation at the 2006 World Cup in Germany, during an England and Portugal quarter-final. Ronaldo winked to his bench following Rooney's dismissal and became a notorious hate figure upon his initial return to the Premier League. It took strong man-management from Sir Alex Ferguson to calm the situation.

Ronaldo has now lauded the stocky striker, claiming Rooney to be the best in the division. “It is a league of amazing talent, but for me the stand-out player is Wayne Rooney,” he told The Sun.

“His ability is fantastic, but his attitude when he plays football is that he is willing to die for the team.”

Many commentators have spoken out over Manchester United's diminished chances of title retention after losing Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez, whose two year loan deal expired this week.

However, the World Player of the Year believes Ferguson's squad will triumph come May 2010.

“For me they will still win the Premier League next year and I hope for a long time to come,” he declared.

This is from the MEN pullout I believe ??

I was trying to read this over someone's shoulder on the tram earlier.

Anyone have a link to the full interview?

Ps Good lad Ronnie

PPs Novel Titanics only please
patronising, snivelling little shit. he'll £#%&!ing think so if we play them next season.

Unread 03-07-2009, 08:28 PM
Crumps

Quote:
I know, but Crumps has a crush on him
I was a right back in my younger days and due to an incident outside the cliff when I was 10/11 he will always have a part of my heart.

Unread 03-07-2009, 08:29 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
patronising, snivelling little shit. he'll £#%&!ing think so if we play them next season.
While he is celebrating Madrid's 4th goal?
Closed Thread