United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-12-2020, 02:14 AM
rubbernecker

Default Ronnie - Could it be really on ?

Manchester United shirt sponsors Chevrolet believe it would be worth their while commercially to help finance a move to bring Juventus and Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo, 35, back to Old Trafford.

https://autoesporte.globo.com/mercad...n=auto_esporte

He'd make a good squad player if true

Unread 07-12-2020, 02:33 AM
goldfinger II

Where was he when we £#%&!ing needed him?

Unread 07-12-2020, 02:52 AM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Probably counting his goals ,eyeing the record books and polishing his trophies.

Unread 07-12-2020, 09:20 AM
LaPaz

I would think that if this happens it wouldn't be til next summer.

Chevys sponsorship of the shirt runs on in December 2021 so it does seem a bit strange that they are willing to stump up extra millions when they could only use Ronaldo with there products for a few months.

They might be trying to extend the sponsorship of course which would make the story more believable but I would have thought that the owners would want cash to spend or line their pockets rather than a player no matter how you look at him is in the twilight of his career.

Unread 07-12-2020, 09:26 AM
My Name is Heath

It would be amazing.

A front 6 of Ronaldo, Sancho, Greenwood, Cavani, Rashford and Martial in front of Fernandes, The Beak and Fred with AWB at the back would be immense.

A 1-3-6 would be great to see.

Unread 07-12-2020, 09:48 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
It would be amazing.

A front 6 of Ronaldo, Sancho, Greenwood, Cavani, Rashford and Martial in front of Fernandes, The Beak and Fred with AWB at the back would be immense.

A 1-3-6 would be great to see.
Martial would still need more better players around him

Unread 07-12-2020, 09:59 AM
barca99

Ronaldo and Messi to meet in the Premier League next season

No.

Unread 07-12-2020, 10:28 AM
AK14

Would be brilliant

Give him the number 7 shirt and Cavani the number 9...

Unread 07-12-2020, 10:31 AM
andyroo

Who would have thought the Chevrolet shirt sponsorship deal could be such a big plus?

Unread 07-12-2020, 10:38 AM
Patty_b

Not out of the realm of possibility. Juve want to get him off their books, we have Bruno who could help tempt him back and we could probably afford what he'd want a week. If it is something that might possibly happen I think it would depend on tomorrow night (if it was to happen in January) or top four (if it was going to happen in the summer). Can't see him ever going without Champions League football.

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Who would have thought the Chevrolet shirt sponsorship deal could be such a big plus?
I'd take back everything bad I've said about the sponsorship if they help make it happen, nqat.

Unread 07-12-2020, 10:40 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Would be brilliant

Give him the number 7 shirt and Cavani the number 9...

Unread 07-12-2020, 10:56 AM
Sapien

Quote:

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:04 AM
programmes?

Quote:
Very good, sir

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:20 AM
Mr_Ed

It’s the footballing equivalent of going out with a beautiful woman and having a great time. She dumps you for what she perceives to be a better looking bloke and you get back together a few years later when she’s had a couple of kids...

Let’s move on.

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:23 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
This.

We’re not a retirement home for ex birds. £#%&! off, Ron.

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:25 AM
92ToBury

I’m sure the Glazers would be more than happy to have Chevrolet renew their shirt deal and pay for a marquee signing.

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:29 AM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:33 AM
Parlabane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
It’s the footballing equivalent of going out with a beautiful woman and having a great time. She dumps you for what she perceives to be a better looking bloke and you get back together a few years later when she’s had a couple of kids...

Let’s move on.
This, thanks for the memories etc.

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:35 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed

Let’s move on.
does she take it up the arse?

Unread 07-12-2020, 12:25 PM
My Name is Heath

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
does she take it up the field towards the arse goal?

Like in that CL semi?

I hope so. What a move that was.
Closed Thread