United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:43 PM
Fountz

Cool Cheeky Bid !

not big names from the continent, not young up-and-coming nailed on future superstars..

..previous failures, troublemakers, over the hill journeymen that only you see something in.. all with more baggage than a Heathrow trolley cart in August..

..prepare to stand-up and be counted !

Only fair if I go first..

Torres. - can't get any worse. Convinced, that at some point he'll produce the goods big time. He's still young, he's fast and it's not as if his bad form is down to injuries.

Fergie would be the man to put his arm round him.. defend him to the hilt and allow the lad to get his confidence back. Obviously I'd expect the fact that he's been an abject failure to be reflected in his price.

If we can rustle up enough shrapnel and redeem a few Tesco Clubcard points, I reckon he'd be worth a punt !

Balotelli. - put forward with less conviction than Torres, because he'd still be costly and there's no denying the bloke's a loonball circus act, however, you just know that - subjected to the influence and company of Giggs, Scholes, Rio, Paddy and Fergie day in day out, he'd settle down and cut the shit out.

Not a bad player either.

No ??!!

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:47 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz
not big names from the continent, not young up-and-coming nailed on future superstars..

..previous failures, troublemakers, over the hill journeymen that only you see something in.. all with more baggage than a Heathrow trolley cart in August..

Torres. - can't get any worse. Convinced, that at some point he'll produce the goods big time. He's still young, he's fast and it's not as if his bad form is down to injuries.

Fergie would be the man to put his arm round him.. defend him to the hilt and allow the lad to get his confidence back. Obviously I'd expect the fact that he's been an abject failure to be reflected in his price.

If we can rustle up enough shrapnel and redeem a few Tesco Clubcard points, I reckon he'd be worth a punt !

Balotelli. - put forward with less conviction than Torres, because he'd still be costly and there's no denying the bloke's a loonball circus act, however, you just know that - subjected to the influence and company of Giggs, Scholes, Rio, Paddy and Fergie day in day out, he'd settle down and cut the shit out.

Not a bad player either.

No ??!!

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Clint Dempsey, Pappis Cisse, Ben Arfa, Leighton Baines and Paul Scharner because he wears cool glasses.

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:52 PM
The Mull

I'd take the ladyboy, I concur with you here Fountzers

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:56 PM
thenorthwillriseagain

i agree torres would be good
but that amount of money would not be enough to justify because we only need a 4th choice striker

clint dempsey imo

good midfield player and would be cheap
we should sign more americans

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:56 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by gedthemull
I'd take the ladyboy, I concur with you here Fountzers
yeah, like that's going to happen....

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:57 PM
Grimson

I reckon they're seeing signs at Chelsea that Torres might get it back. Not saying he will, but I don't think they'd sell. I think they're really counting on him post-Drogba. I could also see them going for Dempsey as strike partner/someone to relieve the load a little.

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Arnold Muhren

Leon Britton from Swansea. Best Passer In The World (tm)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leon_Br...ccurate_passer

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Dempsey.

Clint.

Woould be a shrewd buy, a loan, a cheeky bid......scores goals, creates can play on the wing and has that american thing...A winner, wants to win.

Unread 09-04-2012, 10:59 PM
The Mull

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
yeah, like that's going to happen....
woah there, Jim........erm El why you having a go at the old injured guy, I didn't start the thread

Billy Bigbollox

Dembele

dunk

Having sulked for a year or 2, Torres looks like he's decided now to just get his head down, graft and get back to basics. Looks like he'll come good for Chelsea eventually..

Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenorthwillriseagain
we should sign more americans
We're gonna need a 3rd keeper after Lindy leaves for first-team football.

Shooter McGavin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountz

Not a bad player either.

No ??!!

Can you imagine RAWK if we signed the ladyboy

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:00 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Tiote. Been a beast for the jawdies this season in midfield. Proper engine.

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:00 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanRobson'sLiver
Tiote. Been a beast for the jawdies this season in midfield. Proper engine.
don't clutch at straws.

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:01 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Baines is a good shout for left back

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:03 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Thumbs up I'm starting the Baines bandwagon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
Baines is a good shout for left back
Great at set-pieces too.

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:04 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Michael Dawson aint a bad defender, Spurs look a shambles at the back without him.

Oh and Steven Pienaar. Fantastic player.

Unread 09-04-2012, 11:08 PM
saffers

Introducing our new no.7 and no.9

Left back to cover for Mad Pat occasionally

Closed Thread