United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-05-2008, 04:22 PM
keano's love

Default Pique had medical at Barca!!

Setanta are carrying a report saying Pique had medical at Barca. WIll fergie let him do that champions league final this wednesday? Seems strange.

And also fee they quote is a meagre £3.5m

Unread 17-05-2008, 04:23 PM
Whalefish

Boo hoo.

He has 12months left on his current deal, he isn't and never was going to leave for big money this Summer. I thought the fee was closer to £5million or is it 5million euros?

In terms of Premiership football - which is the clubs bread and butter - I don't think he'll be missed. Great technical skills but pace is an issue and he turns slower than the titanic. The latter is his biggest problem IMO, as opposed to the former.

I suspect it's his decision anyway. He'll want regular football at his age. Be interested to see what happens to Evans now.

Unread 17-05-2008, 04:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Boo hoo.

He has 12months left on his current deal, he isn't and never was going to leave for big money this Summer. I thought the fee was closer to £5million or is it 5million euros?

In terms of Premiership football - which is the clubs bread and butter - I don't think he'll be missed. Great technical skills but pace is an issue and he turns slower than the titanic.

I suspect it's his decision anyway. He'll want regular football at his age. Be interested to see what happens to Evans now.
I said the other day on here that I think Fergie prefers Evans over Pique. Apparently that was 'total %@#$&!s' though.

Keane wants to make the move permanent. Will be interesting to see what Fergie does, especially with Alien head being linked to Bordeaux. Evans is capable of filling his place in the squad in terms of centre half/left back.

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:08 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I said the other day on here that I think Fergie prefers Evans over Pique. Apparently that was 'total %@#$&!s' though.

Keane wants to make the move permanent. Will be interesting to see what Fergie does, especially with Alien head being linked to Bordeaux. Evans is capable of filling his place in the squad in terms of centre half/left back.

Pique is a better prospect than Evans.

Evans will be shown up if he played left back for United in the league.

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:11 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick

Agree with that.

If 3.5m is a true figure for Pique, I'll be £#%&!ing fuming.But not surprised.We pay through the £#%&!ing nose for players but seem to let players go for buttons.

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:18 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Based on what? Evans' outstanding spells in the reserves and then on loan?

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Based on what? Evans' outstanding spells in the reserves and then on loan?

Based on Pique's outstanding spells in the reserves and then on loan.

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:27 PM
mark o

Not a bad bit of buisness, he was never going to cement a place in our 1st team.

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:27 PM
mark o

Quote:
Based on Pique's outstanding spells in the reserves and then on loan.
What about his less than average peformances for the 1st team; e.g. Bolton away.

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:37 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
What about his less than average peformances for the 1st team; e.g. Bolton away.

What about his above average performances for the 1st team; e.g Arsenal home.

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:38 PM
Whalefish

I wouldn't play Evans or Pique at full back. The latter is an accident waiting to happen IMO, especially in the Premier League. He just doesn't have the pace and is a bit of a soft touch which is surprising given his build. A great ball playing defender and reads the game well but I think there's a couple of areas to his game which are weaknesses over here and will be exploited. His ability to recover when a player goes past him being one, he's just too slow.

FWIW I'm not convinced Evans will be here come August either.

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:40 PM
Coracao

Quote:

I disagree.

Evans has excelled at every level he has played at thus far.

He hasn't been shown up playing at international level.

The times they played together, Evans looked the better prospect.

I don't think Pique is cut out for premiership football. Not physical enough and not quick enough. He might have a decent career in Spain.

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:45 PM
In 76 now this is true

Evans will sign for sunderlans, he would have gone in jan, but the party allegations shot that in the foot.
Pique wants first team football, cant see him getting that at Barc, but he will get more games than he will at Utd.

Unread 17-05-2008, 05:59 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by In 76 now this is true
Evans will sign for sunderlans, he would have gone in jan, but the party allegations shot that in the foot.
Pique wants first team football, cant see him getting that at Barc, but he will get more games than he will at Utd.
Cheers for that Alex.

Unread 17-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I disagree.

Evans has excelled at every level he has played at thus far.

He hasn't been shown up playing at international level.

The times they played together, Evans looked the better prospect.

I don't think Pique is cut out for premiership football. Not physical enough and not quick enough. He might have a decent career in Spain.

I just personally believe Evans has gone backwards.

He hardly excelled against Coventry

Pique seemed to handle the phsical approach of Boro and the pace of Arsenal well enough.

Fair points, though.

Unread 17-05-2008, 06:12 PM
hopkins

Fergie's been touting Pique for 25-30 appearance next season

Obviously not at United

Unread 17-05-2008, 06:13 PM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark o
Not a bad bit of buisness, he was never going to cement a place in our 1st team.
Agree.

He's never filled me with confidence.

Unread 17-05-2008, 06:16 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Cheers for that Alex.

Unread 17-05-2008, 06:24 PM
Mr Kaboom

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Agree with that.

If 3.5m is a true figure for Pique, I'll be £#%&!ing fuming.But not surprised.We pay through the £#%&!ing nose for players but seem to let players go for buttons.
Snooty £5.5 million

Heinze £6.8 million

Vimto £6 million

Unread 17-05-2008, 06:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lone Drinker
Snooty £5.5 million

Heinze £6.8 million

Vimto £6 million
Van Nistelrooy and Beckham went for next to £#%&! all.
Closed Thread