United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-02-2014, 03:15 AM
The taste of...

Gary Neville writes desperate %@#$&!s article to save multi millionaire brothers hobby.

Unread 28-02-2014, 05:01 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hmmm... tactically inept? not just unlucky to lose the entire £#%&!ing midfield when storming the league. we played great football under ron. not shit boring backpassing.

phasing out the old guard by playing ferdinand, vidic and evra. and phasing in the new lads by playing them out of position.

he's shit. you're shit. smalling is not shit. I wouldn't let you or moyes walk my £#%&!ing cat.
what a stupid £#%&!ing post

Unread 28-02-2014, 05:16 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
If they get a draw on Saturday at home to West Ham they're back into 6th.

But the reason is simply that Liverpool are much better now. Moyes' Everton wouldn't be above them this season, would they?
the reason the teams around Everton are better than them now is both directly and indirectly down to the merry-go-round at United, Everton and Wigan last summer. the likes of Liverpool have managed to take advantage of the situation. there is no reason whatsoever to assume that everton would not be above Liverpool in the table if Everton hadn't changed their manager - just like they were for the last two seasons.

Unread 28-02-2014, 05:27 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
there is no reason whatsoever to assume that everton would not be above Liverpool in the table if Everton hadn't changed their manager - just like they were for the last two seasons.
Liverpool are a completely different - improved - team from the last two seasons. Sturridge and Coutinho in from the beginning of the season, and Jordan Henderson (and Sterling to a lesser degree) coming good seem to be the main reasons. Finding the right role for an aging Gerrard (deep-lying playmaker) and moving away from pass-and-move to counter-attacking have all helped. They're way too good for Everton of this season, obviously, and IMO last season too. Just speculation of course.

I feel dirty now.

Unread 28-02-2014, 07:12 AM
when the seagulls

Quote:
spot on is neville, absolutely spot on...

except for the last bit where he says the season is already over - it isn't. olympiakos can be put back in their box and then it's an open draw that will give everyone a buzz. admittedly smalling will probably already be shitting himself in case he's selected, but apart from that i mean...
Your right mate they certainly can be put back in there box however

A) The should never have been allowed out
B) We wont be able to do it.

Season is over. Good night

Unread 28-02-2014, 07:48 AM
ziggyman17

Quote:
the reason the teams around Everton are better than them now is both directly and indirectly down to the merry-go-round at United, Everton and Wigan last summer. the likes of Liverpool have managed to take advantage of the situation. there is no reason whatsoever to assume that everton would not be above Liverpool in the table if Everton hadn't changed their manager - just like they were for the last two seasons.
City and Chelsea both got new managers last summer, yet unlike us they are both fighting it out for the league...

Unread 28-02-2014, 07:49 AM
jem

Quote:
what a stupid £#%&!ing post
why? you think you could walk my cat? you £#%&!ing couldn't.

Quote:
now that is a stupid £#%&!ing post.

Unread 28-02-2014, 08:57 AM
Furry Russian hats

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
So how come Everton are lower in the league table and have scored fewer goals than this time last season ?
I didn't quote Tim Howard to talk about Everton.

From the evidence of this season, Moyes doesn't seem to be able to motivate our players, and these quotes IMO go along way to explaining why.

Instead of making them "believe" he is filling them with dread. Everton look like a team b#@&%! with confidence whereas our players confidence looks shot.

This is why we get quotes from Moyes about "making it difficult" for teams because he is putting all the emphasis on their strengths, as opposed to their weaknesses, and it's putting the players in completely the wrong mindset.

Unread 28-02-2014, 09:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
there is no reason whatsoever to assume that everton would not be above Liverpool in the table if Everton hadn't changed their manager - just like they were for the last two seasons.
So there's no reason whatsoever to assume Everton would not be fighting for the title had they not changed their manager?

ffs pal

Unread 28-02-2014, 10:06 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:
So there's no reason whatsoever to assume Everton would not be fighting for the title had they not changed their manager?

ffs pal
he must have autism or something along those lines. everything makes sense to him in small compartmentalised buckets, with one or two variables at most.

everton finished about liverpool last season.
therefore there is no reason to say they wouldn't this season.

but considering liverpool's position is completely out of consideration

it all makes sense now.

Unread 28-02-2014, 10:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
he must have autism or something along those lines. everything makes sense to him in small compartmentalised buckets, with one or two variables at most.

everton finished about liverpool last season.
therefore there is no reason to say they wouldn't this season.

but considering liverpool's position is completely out of consideration

it all makes sense now.
I don't get it it because I don't think deep down he believes it.

Nobody on this forum has been pushing for tactical imagination, developing the style of football and praising the impact of guys like Martinez more than Throb. Yet along comes a manager so clearly completely devoid of the vision and ability to implement those things, not to mention bombing in almost every other aspect of management - a man Throb himself was previously dismissive of - and he defends almost his every move.

I thought he'd despise him more than any of us.

Denial is a powerful thing.

Unread 28-02-2014, 10:37 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redredwine
Talks a lot of sense does G Neville. Said it before. This is a player issue. Carrick's interview after the game was embarrassing. How old is he? My age. Came across like a scared 6 year old.

These players are on silly money and are top professionals. They need to step up to the mark.

If Fergie chose players that weak minded they depended on him so much that they crumble when he isn't there feeding them rusks, then if anything it's his poor man selection.

In reality it is weak minded players.

If I came home bleeting to my mrs that "Oh i can't hack it on 100K+ a week because my boss has changed, everyone is picking on me", i'd be sleeping in the garden all year minus both %@#$&!s.
nonsense.

Just clichés about stepping up, working hard, how much theu earn etc. Which mark? The touchline where Moyes insists they sling the crosses in from? It's not like there's a clear plan in place and the players just don't seem to get it. These players have stepped up many a time. Whether it's the quality ones making the difference, or the decent ones punching above their weight to win the league last year. The one factor that has changed is Moyes, not the players.

I find the amount of stick he's dodging quite amazing. I'd be for giving him time if there were any genuine signs that he could do the job but there isn't. We are getting WORSE all the time. How bad is it allowed to get? Would we be allowed to be relegated? I'm not saying we will of course, but there surely has to be a cut off point. This season is already a write off in February with morale at the worst it's been in 20 years and the entire nation laughing at us. Couple this with the exodus after no CL football next year and we're already looking at a pretty costly July Feb. But yeah, giving the guy £200 will sort it. The squad is NOT the main problem. Moyes is.

The notion of 'giving time' is such a blanket wishy washy thing to say. Like any analysis or assessment can just be dismissed away with 'well you have to give people time'. No you don't! It would actually reflect more character to admit a mistake than to hide behind some bullshit 'philosophy' that we never really had.

Unread 28-02-2014, 10:49 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Nobody on this forum has been pushing for tactical imagination, developing the style of football and praising the impact of guys like Martinez more than Throb. Yet along comes a manager so clearly completely devoid of the vision and ability to implement those things, not to mention bombing in almost every other aspect of management - a man Throb himself was previously dismissive of - and he defends almost his every move.

I thought he'd despise him more than any of us.

Denial is a powerful thing.
Me too, but then I remembered that whatever the prevailing view on here is, he'll argue the opposite, as strongly as possible, no matter how much it contradicts what he's said before.

Madder than Mad Jack McMad.

Unread 28-02-2014, 10:50 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Not sure how you can't get it tbh. Not sure the position he takes has very much to do with the arguments being raised - isn't it just a mindset designed to challenge the contemporary view? Captain Contrary. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not changing into his red cape as we speak getting ready to battle the world against the majority view.

Pretty sure the discussion could be about butter or South Korea and his position would be just the same.

It's attention seeking and my Gad, it's successful. He's easily the most well know poster on the forum and commands the most attention and most opinion from the most people.

If he could somehow associate himself with a brand/regime that celebrated its unpopularity, he'd make millions.

'Throb's post was brought to you in association with Marmite' or 'This message was sponsored by coffee flavoured Revels.'
'Kim Jong-Il likes this post' etc.

Good shout for FOTY imo.

Unread 28-02-2014, 10:59 AM
Fountz

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
"A lot of the same people are still there - Sir Bobby Charlton, Martin Edwards is still around the club.
great to know he's still there... just £#%&!ing fabulous !!

Unread 28-02-2014, 11:19 AM
Neo

Thumbs down

The fact Neville works for Sky says all you need to know about the Murdoch stooge @#%&!. He won't want to use his powerful media position to rock the boat, as it will mean his idiot brother will be permanently out of work.

In January Neville was talking about how United and Moyes need a lift through a new signing. Well, we signed Mata and things are just as awful as they previously were, if not worse.

£#%&! off to your Teletubby house Gary, you self-serving, Moyes-loving, Team England @#%&!.

Unread 28-02-2014, 12:25 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Not sure how you can't get it tbh. Not sure the position he takes has very much to do with the arguments being raised - isn't it just a mindset designed to challenge the contemporary view? Captain Contrary. Wouldn't be surprised if he's not changing into his red cape as we speak getting ready to battle the world against the majority view.

Pretty sure the discussion could be about butter or South Korea and his position would be just the same.

It's attention seeking and my Gad, it's successful. He hasn't posted a single bullshit boring walking thread etc.

Good shout for FOTY imo.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
The fact Neville works for Sky says all you need to know about the Murdoch stooge @#%&!. He won't want to use his powerful media position to rock the boat, as it will mean his idiot multi millionarebrother will be permanently out of work.

Lala .... £#%&! off to your Teletubby house Gary, la...la..la. .....lala. la la laaaaaaayou self-serving, Moyes-loving, Team England @#%&!.la la ...la a.lalalalalaaaaa
Sorry chaps - any offence fall in behind bunkererers and inchers.

Unread 28-02-2014, 12:37 PM
Lazlo Panaflex

Quote:

It's attention seeking and my Gad, it's successful. He's easily the most well know poster on the forum and commands the most attention and most opinion from the most people.

If he could somehow associate himself with a brand/regime that celebrated its unpopularity, he'd make millions.

'Throb's post was brought to you in association with Marmite' or 'This message was sponsored by coffee flavoured Revels.'
'Kim Jong-Il likes this post' etc.

Good shout for FOTY imo.
he is good at what he does to be fair.

Unread 28-02-2014, 12:45 PM
Fountz

Quote:

..I won't lie, I wouldn't mind knowing Throbs' views on butter !

Reckon he's Country Life Man meself

Unread 28-02-2014, 12:47 PM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Full on Lurpak for me.
Closed Thread