United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-02-2016, 01:09 PM
Lok

Default Everton Sold.

Just had in confirmed by a friend that Kenwright has accepted John Jay Moores' offer.

The rumours about Kenwright's health are also true.

Interesting days for Everton fans. I doubt he's the billionaire they wanted.

Unread 12-02-2016, 01:16 PM
Switching Off

Bluenose on facebook posted this earlier. Old fella, sad to see them jump on the foreign owner bandwagon.

Unread 12-02-2016, 01:18 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Bluenose on facebook posted this earlier. Old fella, sad to see them jump on the foreign owner bandwagon.
It's been all over the papers for days so it's hardly a big secret. This comes from somewhere involved in the deal so it's definitely happening.

Kenwright sold cheap but part of the deal is they need to build a new ground. Sounds like he's tried his best to set the club up for the future.

Unread 12-02-2016, 01:22 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
It's been all over the papers for days so it's hardly a big secret. This comes from somewhere involved in the deal so it's definitely happening.

Kenwright sold cheap but part of the deal is they need to build a new ground. Sounds like he's tried his best to set the club up for the future.
Hadn't Liverpool exhausted every option for building a new ground in the city?

Unread 12-02-2016, 01:24 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Hadn't Liverpool exhausted every option for building a new ground in the city?
They wouldn't look beyond Stanley Park. It's Everton who've been looking all over the place

Unread 12-02-2016, 01:30 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
They wouldn't look beyond Stanley Park. It's Everton who've been looking all over the place
more like the council wouldnt let them beyond Stanley Park. shit throwing @#%&!s

Unread 12-02-2016, 01:40 PM
Jack Duckworth

kenwright has always seemed like a good owner to me. i'm surprised nobody has come in for them before. they've got plenty of pedigree and a loyal fanbase.

i'll be sad to see them move from goodison though, it was always my favourite away game to go to. it's old, but at least it's got character unlike the soulless bowls every club seems to move into these days.

obviously they're scouse @#%&!s and i hope they all die etc

Unread 12-02-2016, 01:42 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
kenwright has always seemed like a good owner to me. i'm surprised nobody has come in for them before. they've got plenty of pedigree and a loyal fanbase.

i'll be sad to see them move from goodison though, it was always my favourite away game to go to. it's old, but at least it's got character unlike the soulless bowls every club seems to move into these days.

He's been trying to sell for a while now, and not made a secret of it.

Unread 12-02-2016, 01:43 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth

Goodison is an absolute dump tho', something needed to be done. Renovation just might not be worth it/viable...

Unread 12-02-2016, 01:46 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Goodison is an absolute dump tho', something needed to be done. Renovation just might not be worth it/viable...
yeah, it's a shithole, but they're only scousers tbf.

Unread 12-02-2016, 03:12 PM
Chris Quayd

Favourite away ground, some great memories and the experience shits on an identikit out of town bowl. Hope they get to build on Stanley Park

Unread 12-02-2016, 03:32 PM
Pop

Is Kenwright dying? He's hasn't posted on here for a while

Unread 12-02-2016, 03:36 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Favourite away ground, some great memories and the experience shits on an identikit out of town bowl. Hope they get to build on Stanley Park
And then cap tickets at 20 and allow kids in free.

Unread 12-02-2016, 04:37 PM
ashtonred

Goodison Park? My lasting memory ..
An evening game .. Everton v United.
Was on the Shipley's (taken over by Maynes) charabanc from Henry Square in Ashton to Goodison. As we were about to leave the East Lancs - it came on the radio that Wilf had dropped Law & Charlton. To a passenger, everyone's flabber was gasted
Think we get a stuffing 3-0. The ground was rocking for 90 minutes. The journey home was one of the worst ever. As a kid, l learned so many new swear words that night.
Law and Charlton were restored for the following game. It was all too late for Wilf though - the damage had been done.

Unread 12-02-2016, 04:57 PM
Buck

Kenwright was a custodian of the club which I respect. Sadly they're probably going to go the way of everyone else and abandon their traditions

Not like they'll win anything going that route either.

Unread 12-02-2016, 05:58 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Goodison Park? My lasting memory ..
An evening game .. Everton v United.
Was on the Shipley's (taken over by Maynes) charabanc from Henry Square in Ashton to Goodison. As we were about to leave the East Lancs - it came on the radio that Wilf had dropped Law & Charlton. To a passenger, everyone's flabber was gasted
Think we get a stuffing 3-0. The ground was rocking for 90 minutes. The journey home was one of the worst ever. As a kid, l learned so many new swear words that night.
Law and Charlton were restored for the following game. It was all too late for Wilf though - the damage had been done.
Can you roll your cap?

Unread 13-02-2016, 12:33 AM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Is Kenwright dying? He's hasn't posted on here for a while
Probably on a Leicester forum - its where its at

Unread 27-02-2016, 06:01 PM
Switching Off

Take a look at @Everton's Tweet: https://twitter.com/Everton/status/7...745241601?s=09

Unread 27-02-2016, 06:56 PM
Pop

Quote:
Personal wealth of $2 billion. Not too shabby for the scouse @#%&!s.

Unread 27-02-2016, 07:04 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by The taste of...
Probably on a Leicester forum - its where its at
Closed Thread