United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:07 AM
jem

Default let's just say we had torres

I know. with glazer's debt? ha! how we laughed.

anyway.

let's just say we had torres.

does anyone think we would not only be dreaming of the treble but confidently expecting it?

it is absolutely criminal that anyone could think a season relying on rooney, tevez and saha as our choice of strikers was the way to go. for whatever reason. even if saha were fit and fergie was prepared to give him a bit of a run.

why the £#%&! did we not buy a striker?

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I know. with glazer's debt? ha! how we laughed.

anyway.

let's just say we had torres.

does anyone think we would not only be dreaming of the treble but confidently expecting it?

it is absolutely criminal that anyone could think a season relying on rooney, tevez and saha as our choice of strikers was the way to go. for whatever reason. even if saha were fit and fergie was prepared to give him a bit of a run.

why the £#%&! did we not buy a striker?
Probably because the ones we wanted weren't available and the budget was spent.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:14 AM
koppas

We signed Manucho, though.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:18 AM
Terry Silver

I was gutted we missed out on Torres, but now seeing him in a Liverpool shirt I have grown to hate the little £#%&!er, from his girly face, to the way he seems to think he's a bit of a hardman. As a consequence I have conditioned myself to the point that the thought of him in a United shirt makes me feel a little queasy.

I really hope to god we don't go for Berbatov.

Although he has the best first touch around, he is overhyped and disappears too readily.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:24 AM
jem

Default berbatov

isn't the kind of player we're missing.

he looks quite slinky sometimes, but he's actually had rooney-itis all season too. ie - he thumps the ball straight at the keeper one-on-one. plus, he's more girly than torres.

even £#%&!ing barnsley have more of a centre-forward than we've got.

sure, the reason we don't have torres is because we are rich in the donald trump sense only, but we don't even have a basically competent battering ram. where was our £#%&!ing option today?

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:29 AM
koppas

Berbatov is too similar to Rooney and Tevez. He isn't an out and out striker that we are crying out for.

Benzema would've been fantastic but won't be happening now.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:32 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
isn't the kind of player we're missing.

he looks quite slinky sometimes, but he's actually had rooney-itis all season too. ie - he thumps the ball straight at the keeper one-on-one. plus, he's more girly than torres.

even £#%&!ing barnsley have more of a centre-forward than we've got.

sure, the reason we don't have torres is because we are rich in the donald trump sense only, but we don't even have a basically competent battering ram. where was our £#%&!ing option today?
There aren't that many around. Certainly not ones that are good enough for United and would've been available.

Aside from Torres, which striker moved in the summer that would've been what we need?

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:34 AM
wonky no

if it wasn't for that pesky ronaldo and his 100 goals in 100 games i'm sure we would've signed a striker.

we must be thinking of getting someone in the summer but with signing tevez no doubt the yanks are demanding we sell before we buy. thing is, who the £#%&! is going to buy la sicknote?

eto'o would be a great signing

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:35 AM
Whalefish

David Suazo would've been a decent move.

I'm not arsed anymore. I shall be considering a personal request over the next couple of days to ask Armchair to ban me for 12months.

I shall post accordingly.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:37 AM
jem

Default I'm sure

I could give you a list of ten players who would have come, even if they didn't move over the summer.

but torres would have done.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:39 AM
Whalefish

A club without debt would've done too but like signing a second striker last Summer there was more chance of me spending a weekend £#%&!ing Anna Friel.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:39 AM
jem

Default by the way

I had an nigerian arsenal fiend bending my ear all friday lunchtime about how we should have bought yakubu.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:40 AM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
I could give you a list of ten players who would have come, even if they didn't move over the summer.

Only interested in joining Liverpool apparently.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:41 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
David Suazo would've been a decent move.

I'm not arsed anymore. I shall be considering a personal request over the next couple of days to ask Armchair to ban me for 12months.

I shall post accordingly.
Considering the fact he was practically pulled in two by the squabbling of Inter and Milan over his signature, I really don't think we would've got a look in. Don't they own him 50/50?

It just goes to show what a dearth of striking talent there is in World football that Inter and Milan fought it out for a player like David Suazo, and then there i the valuation of Benzema, almost double the price that Fat Ronaldo went for, at his most expensive, in the days of Galatico's. It's £#%&!ig insane.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

I'm sure you could, but would any of them have been any good?

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:43 AM
jem

Quote:
A club without debt would've done too but like signing a second striker last Summer there was more chance of me spending a weekend £#%&!ing Anna Friel.
why? don't you fancy her?

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:47 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Considering the fact he was practically pulled in two by the squabbling of Inter and Milan over his signature, I really don't think we would've got a look in. Don't they own him 50/50?

It just goes to show what a dearth of striking talent there is in World football that Inter and Milan fought it out for a player like David Suazo, and then there i the valuation of Benzema, almost double the price that Fat Ronaldo went for, at his most expensive, in the days of Galatico's. It's £#%&!ig insane.
Concur.

Still think Suazo would've been worth a punt, we had our chance. Very fast, strong and knows how to finish. Agree re the lack of top quality though. I have no idea who it'll be - if anyone. Probably just Manucho.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Concur.

Still think Suazo would've been worth a punt, we had our chance. Very fast, strong and knows how to finish. Agree re the lack of top quality though. I have no idea who it'll be - if anyone. Probably just Manucho.
Huntelaar is probably the only realistic option. The problem is that he is probably the only realistic option for every major club in Europe that needs a striker.

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:51 AM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Won't be the same without you, Whaley

Unread 09-03-2008, 01:55 AM
Peter griffin

I would have taken £#%&!in Jason Roberts as an option from the bench with 10 mins to go in a game, in fact i'd take any of Blackburn's 4 strikers as an option from the bench. Admittedly I am quite pissed though
Closed Thread