United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-06-2008, 08:34 AM
Zorg

This forum

Unread 18-06-2008, 08:47 AM
MUFC One Love

Last night I was starting to think Benzema was overrated by a lot on here. Of course, people will say you can't say somebody is overrated off a couple of games, but you can't also hype someone up after seeing them a couple of games. However, when France went down to 10 men he was immense. He really stepped up and shown brilliant character. That's great to see from a young player. He was playing well and tried to make it happen when they had 10 men which shows his ability. Not sure about just paying £30+ million though and thinking he's definitely worth it. Has he done enough to earn that tag?

I don't think we can get him anyway, Berbatov is far more likely imo.

Unread 18-06-2008, 08:48 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Yes i do, i think he looks ok in a shit french league and would be pretty average in the prem.
You're a moron, simple as that.

Unread 18-06-2008, 09:00 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Last night I was starting to think Benzema was overrated by a lot on here. Of course, people will say you can't say somebody is overrated off a couple of games, but you can't also hype someone up after seeing them a couple of games. However, when France went down to 10 men he was immense. He really stepped up and shown brilliant character. That's great to see from a young player. He was playing well and tried to make it happen when they had 10 men which shows his ability. Not sure about just paying £30+ million though and thinking he's definitely worth it. Has he done enough to earn that tag?
Spot on. Essien, Ronaldinho, Zidane, Cantona....I could go on. All players who've done very well in the French league. Yes it's a poor league compared to others but so what? All players can do is score goals, whcih is what he has done. This tournament means £#%&! all, lots of players have done nowt in their first international tournament. Amazing how people have forgotten already how much of a handful he was against United, based purely on 2 and a half games for France.
I'd be surprised if anyone paid that much though. Maybe £20m.

Unread 18-06-2008, 09:02 AM
Crumps

Thumbs up

We should rebuild Saha like the Six Million Dollar Man. Which in reality would only cost us about £3,000,000 due to the favourable exchange rate.

Bargin

Unread 18-06-2008, 09:06 AM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blagger
benzema, not done anything?

sergio aguero if we can pull it off, seeinng as benzema won't budge.
bags of talent, but a midget & Robinho was better than him in the Spanish league last year... all be it in a better side.

We already have Rooney & Tevez to play that role anyway, we need a no.9. Like Crumps says, Saha would be ideal if he was fit. I £#%&!ing despair when I think of the football & variation we'd be capable of if that useless #@&%! was ever fit enough to get through a season.

Benzema is going to be magnificent. He's going nowhere, money might talk but Lyon don't exactly need the wedge after the last few deals they've pushed though do they.

Unread 18-06-2008, 09:34 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
However, when France went down to 10 men he was immense. He really stepped up and shown brilliant character. That's great to see from a young player. He was playing well and tried to make it happen when they had 10 men which shows his ability.
Agreed, I was really impressed by him when France went down to 10 men. Stuck out on the left wing, he worked really hard for the team. Even from the flank, he always looked a threat running at the Italians. Usually took a few of them to win the ball of him. Also excellent when receiving the ball with his back to a defender - turned them almost every time. Fantastic player.

Baron - I think you're right, it's highly unlikely he'll move. Which is a shame, because I think he'd score £#%&! loads in our team.

Unread 18-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Torquemada

When he eventually does leave Lyon, I sincerely doubt he'll opt to come to us. This is just another Ronaldo situation waiting to happen, but for OL rather than us.
Closed Thread