United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-11-2008, 11:28 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
I think I've been harshly treated, given how tired I am. They were those Walkers sensations, Caremalised Onion flavour I think.

OK then, here's my revised team :-

Foster
Rafael
Rio
Vidic
Senegalese Superman
Fletcher
Carrick
Anderson
Ronnie
Rooney
Berbie
1-0 Celtic.

Unread 05-11-2008, 11:29 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
1-0 Celtic.
If we're very lucky.

McGeedy to score.

Unread 05-11-2008, 11:32 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
1-0 Celtic.
I was going to say 3 but 1's good.

Unread 05-11-2008, 11:35 AM
Smeggs

SAF basically said foster will start. i will feel a little more comfortable with him in nets rather than the PIG. looking forward to seeing Raphel again also.

Unread 05-11-2008, 11:37 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smeggs
SAF basically said foster will start. i will feel a little more comfortable with him in nets rather than the PIG. looking forward to seeing Raphel again also.
Glad it's Foster, he looks to be a real talent.

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Part 36 Offer

Celtic will play out of their skins tonight. Tossers.

I have a feeling Fergie will make 4 or 5 changes with the Arsenal game on sat.

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:29 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Celtic will play out of their skins tonight. Tossers.

They will and though they lack quality and real presence up front, this will make it a very tough game. Need to nullify them early on to try and take the crowd out of it a bit.

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:39 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
They will and though they lack quality and real presence up front, this will make it a very tough game. Need to nullify them early on to try and take the crowd out of it a bit.
If they lose they out. It sounds stupid but we can afford to lose this one and sometimes that alone in the back of the player's minds can be a hinderance.

They have only lost once at home in the CL in the last 15 matches and that was to Barca last year. That's a £#%&!ing joke.

We battered them for 60 minutes last time and couldn't score and then they bagged that free kick. VDS has conceded loads of free kicks like that at united. He looks rooted to the spot sometimes.

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:42 PM
borsuk

foster
rafael - rio - vidic - evra
fletcher - carrick - anderson - nani
rooney - tevez

nani is playing too well to leave out and gives us a good balance. berbatov and ronnie have played a lot and will benefit from a rest before arsenal.

i noticed that the independent had the united team in an article this morning. not 'from....' and then the squad, or even 'probable starting 11...', but the team just listed. no anderson, no berbatov. maybe it was a typo, or maybe they accidentally released the information? anyway, their team was:

Quote:
Manchester United (probable 4-4-2): Foster; Da Silva, Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra; Ronaldo, Carrick, Fletcher, Nani; Rooney, Tevez.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...ic-991919.html

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:47 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
We battered them for 60 minutes last time and couldn't score and then they bagged that free kick. VDS has conceded loads of free kicks like that at united. He looks rooted to the spot sometimes.
Remember being gutted after that. Tough atmosphere for Foster and particularly Raphael to come into.

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:47 PM
dunk

Any chance we will wear the all blue kit, really wind the £#%&!ers up?

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:50 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Remember being gutted after that. Tough atmosphere for Foster and particularly Raphael to come into.
I have no worries for Foster. He came in after 15 months out into the business end of the season last year and won us a match with his performance. His temperament looks good to me.

Raphael will have his work cut out against McGeady imo. The end product isn't always great but there is no denying he is a tricky little £#%&!er. It will be interesting to see how Raphael matches up defensively as going forward he looks very impressive.

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
I have no worries for Foster. He came in after 15 months out into the business end of the season last year and won us a match with his performance. His temperament looks good to me.

Raphael will have his work cut out against McGeady imo. The end product isn't always great but there is no denying he is a tricky little £#%&!er. It will be interesting to see how Raphael matches up defensively as going forward he looks very impressive.
The same Rafael who made Stuart Downing look ridiculously ordinary in a weakened United side?

I know it's a different situation, but Rafael is quicker, probably as strong and seriously feisty.

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:54 PM
armchair

Surprised Obama isn't getting a start

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Ginners

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
The same Rafael who made Stuart Downing look ridiculously ordinary in a weakened United side?

I know it's a different situation, but Rafael is quicker, probably as strong and seriously feisty.
im a big rafael fan, but tbh, stuart downing makes stuart downing look ridiculously ordinary

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:55 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

Isn't that just the case anyhow?

Don't ever use that word on here ever again.

Unread 05-11-2008, 12:57 PM
Gog Coch

I think there will be some real surprises in the selection tonight - especially on the bench.

Unread 05-11-2008, 01:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginlarde
im a big rafael fan, but tbh, stuart downing makes stuart downing look ridiculously ordinary
Quote:
Isn't that just the case anyhow?
Well, yes, but he's better than Aidan '£#%&!ing' McGeady, which is who people are worried about Rafa being troubled by.

Quote:
Don't ever use that word on here ever again.

Unread 05-11-2008, 01:24 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:

Yeah the derby game, kept us in it with at least 3 fantastic saves.

Unread 05-11-2008, 01:52 PM
Coracao

........................Foster

Rafael......Rio.....Vidic.........Evra

Ronaldo....Carrick...Fletcher...Park

..........Rooney.....Berbs
Closed Thread