United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:48 AM
The Return of JC

Default Wenger

I like him.

There I said. Actually feels quite good to say out loud*.

Am I the only one?

*I say my posts out loud as I type, btw.

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:51 AM
dunk

As long as he isn't talking about Arsenal or reacting to an incident/result involving Arsenal, he tends to speak sense tbh.

He's much easier to like now they are shit though..

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:51 AM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Much like Fergie, I think a lot of people feel this way now because he's no threat. Always respected him but he's a mardy @#%&!.

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:53 AM
The Return of JC

Yeah, its probably the no threat thing tbh. The £#%&!ing @#%&!.

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Neo

If he was anywhere near being close to competing with us he'd be an insufferable, arrogant @#%&!, just like he was for about five years when Arsenal actually had a decent team.

He's become 'likable' because he's no longer a threat; a bit like Biff at the end of Back to the Future I (or II).

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:54 AM
Scabs

Can't stand the @#%&!.

There, I said it.

Unread 01-02-2013, 11:59 AM
The Return of JC

I think when you see total Car Salesman #@&%!s like Pardew and Rodgers prattle on with no substance, it's a relief to listen to someone who, although @#%&!y, is intelligent and doesn't disgustingly pander.

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Scabs

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
I think when you see total Car Salesman #@&%!s like Pardew and Rodgers prattle on with no substance, it's a relief to listen to someone who, although @#%&!y, is intelligent and doesn't disgustingly pander.
Don't get me wrong, in amongst the bitter bad losing arrogant @#%&!tery£#%&!ery, he's clearly very intelligent and shrewd,

But he's a @#%&! and I don't like him.

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Very true. Whenever he talks about general football topics he tends to be spot on.

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:12 PM
dodger

Innofensive these days. Very overrated as a manager though. About as good as Howard Kendall pre booze.

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:17 PM
pc6090

yeah but he wears a stupid coat

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodger
Innofensive these days. Very overrated as a manager though. About as good as Howard Kendall pre booze.
I think he's a good manager, tbh. He clearly has the long-term interests of Arsenal in his mind and is keen to keep the club running in the right way. Can't criticise him for that.

He also promotes a very attractive style of football. He was linked with the Brazil job a few months ago, and I think he would have been quality there.

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:23 PM
Baron

Dangerously comfortable, myopic, soft & pyious in his footballing philosophy.

That said, at least he likes to pass it & when he got it right he managed to create a great side, thankfully he couldn't sustain it & adapt like the great managers can.

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:31 PM
Kevin Mirallas

Wenger is cracking up in my opinion.

Should go upstairs now and let someone else take charge.

Unread 01-02-2013, 12:52 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
I think he's a good manager, tbh. He clearly has the long-term interests of Arsenal in his mind and is keen to keep the club running in the right way. Can't criticise him for that.

He also promotes a very attractive style of football. He was linked with the Brazil job a few months ago, and I think he would have been quality there.
He's pretty good, no more than that though. The football is decent but again, not that great to watch.

The press blew his reputation out of all proportion. If he was that good he'd have more trophies in his career and he simply hasn't. On a trophy count he's not even that far ahead of Benitez.

Unread 01-02-2013, 01:00 PM
rafabio

Lets be honest. After fergie he is clearly the best manager by a country mile. Forget trophy count, the @#%&! has made profit after profit nearly every summer in the market while keeping arsenal in top 4. Close to winning a CL, Almost beating barcelona couple of years ago when barcelona were at their peek... helped arsenal build a new stadium while keeping them competitive. The likes of liverpool and spurs would be £#%&!ed if they were building a new stadium.

And if not for chelsea and city he would have won another couple of premier leagues while finishing 2nd behind us rest of the time.

Unread 01-02-2013, 01:02 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

Quote:
Agreed. Needs to pack in the kiddy £#%&!ing too, it's getting out of hand now tbh.

Unread 01-02-2013, 01:07 PM
Zorg

What I always hated about him was what a sore loser he always was yet he'd never get criticised for it. Fergie gets plenty of stick for the same thing even when he goes out of his way to praise the opposition (Spurs the other week for example), yet Wenger can say 'the best team lost' again and again and it's ignored. Iirc in 2003 he refused to congratulate United on winning the title.

They play good football but the London press blow that out of all proportion too - a few years ago they liked to depict heroic Arsene as the lone Da Vinci trying to paint masterpieces but being frustrated by a load of philistines, all other teams being dirty, cynical cloggers.

Unread 01-02-2013, 01:08 PM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Lets be honest. After fergie he is clearly the best manager by a country mile. Forget trophy count, the @#%&! has made profit after profit nearly every summer in the market while keeping arsenal in top 4. Close to winning a CL, Almost beating barcelona couple of years ago when barcelona were at their peek... helped arsenal build a new stadium while keeping them competitive. The likes of liverpool and spurs would be £#%&!ed if they were building a new stadium.

And if not for chelsea and city he would have won another couple of premier leagues while finishing 2nd behind us rest of the time.
Almost, if not for, if only...none of that counts in sport I'm afraid. This obsession with coming 4th like it's a great achievement As for making a profit; that's nice if you're running a sweetshop but doing at it the exclusion of winning trophies at a footbal club doesn't make sense.

Unread 01-02-2013, 01:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Almost, if not for, if only...none of that counts in sport I'm afraid. This obsession with coming 4th like it's a great achievement As for making a profit; that's nice if you're running a sweetshop but doing at it the exclusion of winning trophies at a footbal club doesn't make sense.
Bizarre isn't it.

They did almost knock out Barca though - Bendtner
Closed Thread