United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-06-2009, 02:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Half Jamaican, Half Canadian, Half Welsh.Yes.
no wonder you're confused

Unread 14-06-2009, 02:03 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Half Jamaican, Half Canadian, Half Welsh.Yes.
well it's definitely not the bottom half of you that's jamaican.

Unread 14-06-2009, 02:17 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yep, the Tribute is great...because he's a £#%&!ing great player.
Our most dangerous player when we really needed a goal..& when those Freekicks found the back of the net they were breathtaking.

But, I'm not shedding any tears over this because clearly, neither is he.
I know he hasn't given a full interview as yet, but after 6 years at United you would expect that the first thing he would say was how much he enjoyed it, how much he thinks of Ferguson, the Club itself & the players he played with..
alas, he's more interested with how 'Historic' it is for himself & how the Football world revolves around him.
Quite sad really.
Yeah, agree. We all know his qualities and contributions as a player, but I'm not particularly sad to see him leave. Maybe it would have been a little different a year ago, but I thought his attitude throughout last season was shit. If ever it needed clarifying how much of a self-absorbed, ungrateful #@&%! the bloke is, I thought we saw it at various points last year. I’ve pretty much disliked him on a personal level since 2006 when he used the Rooney incident to have a dig at the manager to try to force his way out of the club, but I had hoped he’d grown up after that. Last season suggested he hasn’t and I do feel there’s some truth to these pieces in the press about the dressing room not being unhappy to see the back of him. I'd found it increasingly difficult to try and force myself to like him.

On the pitch, we'll be fine. Fergie will relish the challenge of re-shaping the side and the players will too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
as Eric might say "before, it was something else. and after it will be something else"
Is right.

Unread 14-06-2009, 02:36 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Sir Alex on Ronaldo "He wanted to leave, he's as simple as that"
is what he should have said

Unread 14-06-2009, 02:38 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
well it's definitely not the bottom half of you that's jamaican.
I wear flip flops and Bermuda shorts

Unread 14-06-2009, 02:42 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yeah, agree. We all know his qualities and contributions as a player, but I'm not particularly sad to see him leave. Maybe it would have been a little different a year ago, but I thought his attitude throughout last season was shit. If ever it needed clarifying how much of a self-absorbed, ungrateful #@&%! the bloke is, I thought we saw it at various points last year. I’ve pretty much disliked him on a personal level since 2006 when he used the Rooney incident to have a dig at the manager to try to force his way out of the club, but I had hoped he’d grown up after that. Last season suggested he hasn’t and I do feel there’s some truth to these pieces in the press about the dressing room not being unhappy to see the back of him. I'd found it increasingly difficult to try and force myself to like him.

On the pitch, we'll be fine. Fergie will relish the challenge of re-shaping the side and the players will too.
Top post. You'd have got shot down by the toppest of top reds for posting that a week ago, but we all know it's true. There's a certain feeling of relief that he's gone and as you said I no longer have to force myself to like him. I'm pretty unmoved by the whole transfer due to its inevitability.

Unread 14-06-2009, 02:48 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
We need to replace 31 goals. Ronaldos 25 and Tevez's 6 ( )

It could be a problem but if Berbatov Bangs a couple more in and gets to 20 thats Tevez's taken care off and hopefully Rooney will bag more and so will the new signings and Anderson will 1 hopefully
hargys freekicks will be far more effective than the hot panted ones

Unread 14-06-2009, 02:56 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
hargys freekicks will be far more effective than the hot panted ones
Berbatov and Rooney take a quality free kick too.

Used to frustrate the £#%&! out of me how 98% of our free kicks were automatically Ronaldos and then didn't make it over the wall.

Sometimes from the 'D' especially (Hargo at Fulham anyone?), a delicate chip is what's needed, not a £#%&!ing blast.

Sounds a bit bitter this, doesn't it?

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:04 PM
Elsey

Wish I hadn't watched the tribute. It really drives home what we are losing.

He won't like Madrid nearly as much as he thinks he will nor will Madrid fulfill him with what United did.

What doesn't sit well with me and makes me more angry than anything else is Why! why doesn't the best player in the world want to stay with the best football club in the world. United would give him so much more on so many more levels than Madrid.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:05 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Berbatov and Rooney take a quality free kick too.

Used to frustrate the £#%&! out of me how 98% of our free kicks were automatically Ronaldos and then didn't make it over the wall.

Sometimes from the 'D' especially (Hargo at Fulham anyone?), a delicate chip is what's needed, not a £#%&!ing blast.

Sounds a bit bitter this, doesn't it?
You'd trust that shit @#%&! with a free kick?

He'd probably pass into absolutely a no danger of scoring possition, rather than shoot.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:09 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

He'd probably pass into absolutely a no danger of scoring possition, rather than shoot.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:15 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
Confirmingtons.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:19 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Berbatov hasn't got the balls to pull that off for United.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:20 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Berbatov hasn't got the balls to pull that off for United.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:23 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsey
Why! why doesn't the best player in the world want to stay with the best football club in the world.
There is an obvious answer to that, but I'm going to refrain from posting it and instead say, because he has done everything here and to be considered a true all time great, he obviously feels he has to conquer another league.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Grimson

That Berbatov free kick is one of the best I've ever seen. It had to be clipped absolutely perfectly from that close range to get over the wall and under the bar. Many, many others swerved more dramatically or busted the net with a flourish. That's nevertheless one of the best I've seen.

Regarding Ronaldo, despite his occasional flash of wit or sarcasm in interviews, I've always suspected he's mentally developed right around the level of a 12 year old. It's hard to be that upset that he's gone. As Fiddy says, it was inevitable for so long.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:28 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
There is an obvious answer to that, but I'm going to refrain from posting it and instead say, because he has done everything here and to be considered a true all time great, he obviously feels he has to conquer another league.
I think it's 95% the thing you haven't said, and 5% what you have said.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:28 PM
ScarFace

If the shit one played for us like he did for Spurs, i'd like him.

Showing clips of him for other teams is like showing pictures of Jade Goody before she was a corpse, as an argument that she's worth a £#%&! now.

She is'nt.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:30 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I think it's 95% the thing you haven't said, and 5% what you have said.
Sad isn't it.

Unread 14-06-2009, 03:33 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsey
What doesn't sit well with me and makes me more angry than anything else is Why! why doesn't the best player in the world want to stay with the best football club in the world. United would give him so much more on so many more levels than Madrid.
From his point of view, he's won the lot at United, literally everything possible. Throw in the reverence certain people of Iberian persuasion have for that absolute @#%&!apotamus of a club, which in my head I liken to a Scot wanting to play for United - i.e. quite understandable even though he's not from the same country - and mix with the biggest ego, slappest arse and worst histrionics I have ever seen from any footballer, and you have the answer.
Closed Thread