United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Pick
Through the league 4 8.00%
Through the Europa 44 88.00%
Doesn't matter, we won't be playing cl football next season (the Sparky option) 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 20-03-2017, 12:49 AM
S/Side.Red

Not that arsed, but still would require a play-off if we finished 4th; that doesn't change until the following season when 4th is automatic.

We got lucky last time with drawing Brugge but those can be tricky. I'd much rather have it done and dusted.

Would take 2nd place over the Europa though.

Unread 20-03-2017, 06:28 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Not that arsed, but still would require a play-off if we finished 4th; that doesn't change until the following season when 4th is automatic.

We got lucky last time with drawing Brugge but those can be tricky. I'd much rather have it done and dusted.

Would take 2nd place over the Europa though.
how come mateh?

Unread 20-03-2017, 07:02 AM
Coracao

A trophy trumps winning nowt when it is he same objective met

Unread 20-03-2017, 08:12 AM
Tumescent Throb

if united win the europa league, would you prefer they finish 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th or 7th in the league?

if united don't win the europa league, how low down in the table would you accept them finishing, 4th or higher, or 5th downwards?

Unread 20-03-2017, 08:50 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
how come mateh?
Because he's odd

Seriously though, who doesn't want another European trophy

Unread 20-03-2017, 09:23 AM
shenwen

In worse case scenario - outside top 4 and no Europa win, would folk be interested in another Europa run next year?

For me no. Although I hated the no Europe one a game week schedule we had courtesy of Moyes, the Europa is draining and by and large produces shit games. Lots of risk, small reward.

Unread 20-03-2017, 09:37 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Because he's odd

Who doesn't want to finish 2nd

Unread 20-03-2017, 09:38 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Because he's odd

Think about it Whip, son

If we finish second with this fixture list it'll mean we have shown some great promise in our league form in some very tough games. I'd take much more from that than looking average but beating Celta Vigo in a competition that really means very little.

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:02 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Think about it Whip, son

If we finish second with this fixture list it'll mean we have shown some great promise in our league form in some very tough games. I'd take much more from that than looking average but beating Celta Vigo in a competition that really means very little.
Might mean little to you son but some of us are looking forward to stockholm

So you'd rather come 2nd because you're theorising that will have shown we have consistent results with this group of players, even though we've all conceded a lot of changes still need to happen in the summer...?

Nah . UEFA cup please. Each to their own but I don't get wanting 2nd (no one remembers the runners up....) to a European trophy, no matter how devalued you think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Who doesn't want to finish 2nd
Over winning the europa? Quite a few i imagine pal

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:08 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Looking forward to some more swedish axe wound shots from you pal

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:11 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Looking forward to some more swedish axe wound shots from you pal
great thread tbf

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:11 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

No either or, Runners up and Europa cup will do nicely. On.

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:13 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
great thread tbf
Confirmed

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:19 AM
ryanMUFC

Europa final in stockholm followed by a Supercup in Macedonia

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:21 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

So you'd rather come 2nd because you're theorising that will have shown we have consistent results with this group of players, even though we've all conceded a lot of changes still need to happen in the summer...?

Nah . UEFA cup please. Each to their own but I don't get wanting 2nd (no one remembers the runners up....) to a European trophy, no matter how devalued you think it is.

Over winning the europa? Quite a few i imagine pal
Bigger picture. Which basically considers that the Europa League is abysmal.

I don't want to get @#%&!ted by our rivals across the Ettihad, WHL, Emirates etc more than I want to win the Europa. It's a shambles of a competition and I find it hard to let its worth in terms of CL reduce my disdain for it. We are Manchester United. £#%&! the Europa League (unless we need it).

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:21 AM
Time For Heroes

So if we finish 4th and win Europa am I right in thinking that 5th doesn't get CL? If that's the case then that's what I want as it'll mean scousers probably not getting CL.

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:24 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time For Heroes
So if we finish 4th and win Europa am I right in thinking that 5th doesn't get CL? If that's the case then that's what I want as it'll mean scousers probably not getting CL.

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:26 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Bigger picture. Which basically considers that the Europa League is abysmal.

I don't want to get @#%&!ted by our rivals across the Ettihad, WHL, Emirates etc more than I want to win the Europa. It's a shambles of a competition and I find it hard to let its worth in terms of CL reduce my distain for it. We are Manchester United. £#%&! the Europa League (unless we need it).
So expressing a preference for winning the europa over 2nd now implies we're going to get '@#%&!ted' by our rivals? What

Tbh I'm still not 100% sure what the problem with the europa is exactly. And quite frankly, after the shambles that was the league campaign last season beggars can't be choosers. We're in it, jose is obviously doing his best to win it - the right attitude for me personally and we've got this far so I'd like to see us won the damn thing, as hopefully it'll be the last chance we have for a while 👀

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:31 AM
Zorg

You can't understate the importance for a squad of parading a trophy around. Boosts confidence and gets them hungry for more, imo. And it would mean 3 major trophies in a year (yes, 3).

Unread 20-03-2017, 10:37 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
So expressing a preference for winning the europa over 2nd now implies we're going to get '@#%&!ted' by our rivals? What

Tbh I'm still not 100% sure what the problem with the europa is exactly. And quite frankly, after the shambles that was the league campaign last season beggars can't be choosers. We're in it, jose is obviously doing his best to win it - the right attitude for me personally and we've got this far so I'd like to see us won the damn thing, as hopefully it'll be the last chance we have for a while 👀
It's a poll mate.
Closed Thread