United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-03-2017, 04:58 PM
gav81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
gav do you have the quotes saved in a document? easy access and all that *nods head*
It's a 295 page document so easy access if you know what to search for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Maybe make him a brochure Gav?
Funny you should mention that...

I'll be sending a few copies to the United board when it's finished.

Unread 18-03-2017, 04:59 PM
silv

Hire a hummer

Unread 18-03-2017, 05:03 PM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
In case that's sarcasm...

In Keano's two and a half seasons at Sunderland he brought 13 players from the youth system into the first team squad. The most notable of those were Jack Colback (18) and Jordan Henderson (18).

It was also one of Keane's strategies to raid players from the United youth academy. He brought Jonny Evans (18), Kieran Richardson (22), Phil Bardsley (22) and Danny Simpson (20) to Sunderland.

In addition, Keane signed Anthony Stokes (18) and Paul McShane (21) whilst providing opportunities to young players that were already at Sunderland like Grant Leadbitter (20).

Let's hear what a selection of the above players had to say about their time with Keane at Sunderland...

"I have always said in the past, Roy has been a huge part of me getting my chance as a footballer.

"He gave me my debut at Sunderland and had a huge impact over my career. So I have got a lot of thanks to him for that.

"I can never really repay him for that, he started my career as a professional footballer, I learnt a lot from him while I was at Sunderland.

"To work under him was amazing."

~Jordan Henderson

“When Roy Keane says he wants you, it's a massive compliment.

"I loved my time at Sunderland."

~Jonny Evans

Simpson is on loan on Wearside from Manchester United and says Keane, who spent 12 years at Old Trafford, wants Sunderland to play the same kind of attacking, passing football as the Red Devils.

Simpson said: "I heard a lot about the Championship before coming to Sunderland. I heard there was a lot of long-ball stuff.

"However, it has been easy for me to settle at Sunderland and in this league because of the football we play.

"It is like the football I have been playing coming through the youths and reserves at United.

"The boss wants us to play good football and he believes we can kill teams off by doing that.

"You can see where some of his influences are. It is an enjoyable brand of football. It is exciting to be at this club."

~Danny Simpson

"One of his best features when he was a manager was that you always knew where you stood with him.

"It wasn't the case that he would keep anyone on board, he told you how it was. For a young player coming into the game, I enjoyed working with him.”

~Anthony Stokes

"I had Roy as manager at Sunderland. That was a good experience, and I also knew him at Manchester United, when I was a youngster. He's got some very high standards. It'll be a good boost to the team [Republic of Ireland], because he demands excellence and I think he'll get it."

~Paul McShane

"I have a lot of respect for our old boss Roy.

"He was a nice man. He had a positive impact on every player at the club, he had an aura about him - he's Roy Keane!

"Someone like that is always going to be missed. My game improved under him and it continues to – hopefully."

~Grant Leadbitter

There is more I could have included from Keane's time at United, Ipswich and Villa but the above is enough to show some of the success Keane has had in his management of young players.
Superb pal

Unread 18-03-2017, 05:05 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Don't think Van Gaal made as much of a meal out of the fixtures or the refereeing decisions tbh.

Nope, he was very level headed about such things..

Unread 18-03-2017, 05:23 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Nope, he was very level headed about such things..
That's not such things at all.

And I have never said he's level headed

Unread 18-03-2017, 05:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
That's not such things at all.

And I have never said he's level headed
Exactly. Mourinho have a rant about fixtures that he's quite entitled to and people are talking like he's gone utterly mental. Mourinho will back his players to the hilt and he expects the same in return.

Meanwhile someone suggested Van Gaal's team plays long balls and he went home and starting printing off pages of £#%&!ing stats to hand out at press conferences.

Unread 18-03-2017, 05:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Exactly. Mourinho have a rant about fixtures that he's quite entitled to and people are talking like he's gone utterly mental. Mourinho will back his players to the hilt and he expects the same in return.

Meanwhile someone suggested Van Gaal's team plays long balls and he went home and starting printing off pages of £#%&!ing stats to hand out at press conferences.
I was talking about the referees more so. But even with the fixture stuff, don't overdo it.

But we need to be careful with him. This is the bloke who a couple of years ago turned up at 7am on a Sunday morning to the SKY studios to jabber away at Ben Shepard and Kammy on Goals on Sunday about Diego Costa's treatment by the media. The following season he was kicking off with his own staff and answering post-match questions with 10-minute rants. He completely lost it, pal.

We need to keep an eye on the lad.

Unread 18-03-2017, 05:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
I was talking about the referees more so. But even with the fixture stuff, don't overdo it.

But we need to be careful with him. This is the bloke who a couple of years ago turned up at 7am on a Sunday morning to the SKY studios to jabber away at Ben Shepard and Kammy on Goals on Sunday about Diego Costa's treatment by the media. The following season he was kicking off with his own staff and answering post-match questions with 10-minute rants. He completely lost it, pal.

The kid has precious for meltdowns

Unread 18-03-2017, 06:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

so what you're saying is that jose isn't getting hammered for saying exactly the same stuff van gaal was hammered for. even though you're also saying that van gaal didn't get hammered for pointing out the referees are stitching us up as usual because unlike jose - who is getting hammered for talking about that - van gaal didn't go there (even though, as we know, obviously he did go there from time to time) ... hmm.

shall we start again: exactly what is that you think mourinho has said that van gaal also said but got hammered for? if it isn't fixtures. and it isn't referees. then what is it?

Unread 18-03-2017, 06:38 PM
Sparky***

Quote:

Jose lost it simply because his players betrayed him. Same as Madrid....he was stabbed in the back by players who he felt he'd gone out on a limb for.

Unread 18-03-2017, 06:43 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so what you're saying is that jose isn't getting hammered for saying exactly the same stuff van gaal was hammered for. even though you're also saying that van gaal didn't get hammered for pointing out the referees are stitching us up as usual because unlike jose - who is getting hammered for talking about that - van gaal didn't go there (even though, as we know, obviously he did go there from time to time) ... hmm.

shall we start again: exactly what is that you think mourinho has said that van gaal also said but got hammered for? if it isn't fixtures. and it isn't referees. then what is it?
Not sure if serious.

Quote:
Jose lost it simply because his players betrayed him. Same as Madrid....he was stabbed in the back by players who he felt he'd gone out on a limb for.
It happens. But he went full on fruit-loop pal, you gotta admit. Was hilarious to see at the time. Wouldn't be hilarious here.

Unread 18-03-2017, 06:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Not sure if serious.
100%

not surprised you can't answer though

Unread 18-03-2017, 06:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Well, it looked quite a brutal and mean spirited case of constructive dismissal.

From what I read in the pieces last summer, the people at the club weren't that arsed or surprised at that, because it was typical of him by that time. Mourinho's biggest strength was his relationships with his players; they'd die for him. The hope has always been for me that getting the United job would bring him back into his old self. Not convinced as it stands.

I said at the time he took the job that it wasn't the Chelsea that he left in 2007, that he may be shocked about what he found.

he's a very emotional bloke at the end of the day.

Unread 18-03-2017, 06:57 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I said at the time he took the job that it wasn't the Chelsea that he left in 2007, that he may be shocked about what he found.

Yeah, but if they're winning the league and he's still losing it, that suggests it's a bit deeper than circumstantial doesn't it?

Another worry was when he won the title, and in the post-match press conference starting taking shots at Guardiola.

Hope he's alright tbh. I think he's a good bloke beneath the snide. Football life is all he knows and he's as competitive as ever, but does he still get the same joy from it? If not then that special bond he created with his players will be tougher to achieve. He needs that.

Unread 18-03-2017, 07:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:

Also, he genuinely wanted to come to us when SAF retired. Must have found Gollum being preferred a bit hard to take tbh.

Unread 18-03-2017, 07:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
I've made it very clear. I even wrote a post in which I repeated it saying it was very clear.

I can't do much more.
more mealy mouthed shite.

Unread 18-03-2017, 07:03 PM
MOE1948

Quote:
True but he needs to be a bit more careful about the players he brings into his dressing room then.

Also the whole business with the physio was rotten to the core....he was an a****** to her but from the sounds of it the players didn't take kindly to him sacking her..
Sparky that is the whole thing in a nutshell he lost it, the closer we get to the end of the schedule and not in the top four 'to stay' the more pressure on the European. Will he again turn on the players?

Unread 18-03-2017, 07:10 PM
Sparky***

Unread 18-03-2017, 09:59 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by gav81
In case that's sarcasm...

In Keano's two and a half seasons at Sunderland he brought 13 players from the youth system into the first team squad. The most notable of those were Jack Colback (18) and Jordan Henderson (18).

It was also one of Keane's strategies to raid players from the United youth academy. He brought Jonny Evans (18), Kieran Richardson (22), Phil Bardsley (22) and Danny Simpson (20) to Sunderland.

In addition, Keane signed Anthony Stokes (18) and Paul McShane (21) whilst providing opportunities to young players that were already at Sunderland like Grant Leadbitter (20).

Let's hear what a selection of the above players had to say about their time with Keane at Sunderland...

"I have always said in the past, Roy has been a huge part of me getting my chance as a footballer.

"He gave me my debut at Sunderland and had a huge impact over my career. So I have got a lot of thanks to him for that.

"I can never really repay him for that, he started my career as a professional footballer, I learnt a lot from him while I was at Sunderland.

"To work under him was amazing."

~Jordan Henderson

“When Roy Keane says he wants you, it's a massive compliment.

"I loved my time at Sunderland."

~Jonny Evans

Simpson is on loan on Wearside from Manchester United and says Keane, who spent 12 years at Old Trafford, wants Sunderland to play the same kind of attacking, passing football as the Red Devils.

Simpson said: "I heard a lot about the Championship before coming to Sunderland. I heard there was a lot of long-ball stuff.

"However, it has been easy for me to settle at Sunderland and in this league because of the football we play.

"It is like the football I have been playing coming through the youths and reserves at United.

"The boss wants us to play good football and he believes we can kill teams off by doing that.

"You can see where some of his influences are. It is an enjoyable brand of football. It is exciting to be at this club."

~Danny Simpson

"One of his best features when he was a manager was that you always knew where you stood with him.

"It wasn't the case that he would keep anyone on board, he told you how it was. For a young player coming into the game, I enjoyed working with him.”

~Anthony Stokes

"I had Roy as manager at Sunderland. That was a good experience, and I also knew him at Manchester United, when I was a youngster. He's got some very high standards. It'll be a good boost to the team [Republic of Ireland], because he demands excellence and I think he'll get it."

~Paul McShane

"I have a lot of respect for our old boss Roy.

"He was a nice man. He had a positive impact on every player at the club, he had an aura about him - he's Roy Keane!

"Someone like that is always going to be missed. My game improved under him and it continues to – hopefully."

~Grant Leadbitter

There is more I could have included from Keane's time at United, Ipswich and Villa but the above is enough to show some of the success Keane has had in his management of young players.
It was a reply to your statement about Moyes.
Closed Thread