United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-03-2009, 05:55 PM
HollowmanVIII

Default Carlos Queiroz

Please come back.

It's no coincidence our football has been boring and lacking charisma since "Micky Phelan" took the assistant managers hot seat.

Unread 22-03-2009, 05:58 PM
Zorg

Unread 22-03-2009, 05:59 PM
Camel

it's been all downhill since steve mcclaren left, imo.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:03 PM
CockOfTheNorth

Went downhill when Phelan finally started wearing trousers instead of shorts

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:03 PM
borsuk

so queiroz was responsible for our attacking football over the last few years now? having been responsible for our dull 4-5-1 before that? and our blindingly good period before that and before madrid? wow.

so, er, what does sir alex actually do, then? just kind of go with the flow of his no 2?

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Neon Tiger

There has been whispers of an axis of evil brewing at the club, I have an idea looking at the differences from last season.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:08 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Tiger
There has been whispers of an axis of evil brewing at the club, I have an idea looking at the differences from last season.
Tosic is involved. Confirmed.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:12 PM
HollowmanVIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
so queiroz was responsible for our attacking football over the last few years now? having been responsible for our dull 4-5-1 before that? and our blindingly good period before that and before madrid? wow.

so, er, what does sir alex actually do, then? just kind of go with the flow of his no 2?
Apparently so from this seasons performances.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:16 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jay
Apparently so from this seasons performances.
aye, alright

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Neon Tiger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Tosic is involved. Confirmed.
JSP

MP

Are the supervisors.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:22 PM
HollowmanVIII

Why the hate for Querioz? Yeah he had a poor time at Madrid, but they change their manager every five minutes anyway, he's had a slow start at Portugal, granted he isn't great as the number one guy in charge but he's brilliant as a number 2.

He compliments SAF well, especially at a time when Fergie is coming to the end of the career, he needs somebody good at his side. Let's be honest, Phelan was just an easy option due to his long service at the club. He's brought nothing new to the table, same with Walter Smith in 03/04, look how that season panned out, a long time friend of Fergies, "Oh let's have him for a season while CQ is trying his luck at Madrid."

Is it coincidence that Ronaldo isn't playing to the best of his ability since CQ depated?

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:25 PM
borsuk

what hatred for cq? all the hate is directed at you, mate.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:29 PM
HollowmanVIII

Quote:
How touching.

Very mature reply to a topic.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:31 PM
CockOfTheNorth

I always laugh when success gets attributed to assistants, all these great assistants must be keeping Fergie in the job eh

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:31 PM
Camel

Quote:

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:34 PM
borsuk

bit of a stupid thread though, isn't it? two defeats and suddenly it's all phelan's fault

we're still top of the league, still in position to win more than anyone has ever won before. and even if we £#%&! up the league, well it happens. over the last two decades we're won two out of three titles or so, it's just our bad luck that this year liverpool are the team likely to pick up the title if we drop it. blaming it all on phelan is just £#%&!ing ridiculous, tbh.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:37 PM
HollowmanVIII

Quote:
bit of a stupid thread though, isn't it? two defeats and suddenly it's all phelan's fault

we're still top of the league, still in position to win more than anyone has ever won before. and even if we £#%&! up the league, well it happens. over the last two decades we're won two out of three titles or so, it's just our bad luck that this year liverpool are the team likely to pick up the title if we drop it. blaming it all on phelan is just £#%&!ing ridiculous, tbh.
I haven't mentioned the past two games

I was speaking generally in terms of this season compared with 06/07 and 07/08. It's not ALL phelan's fault, but I think he's played a role in the step backwards the team have taken since last year.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:38 PM
CockOfTheNorth

And what a giant step backwards it has been. We're only two trophies up on last year and could potentially win another 3.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:39 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jay
I haven't mentioned the past two games

I was speaking generally in terms of this season compared with 06/07 and 07/08. It's not ALL phelan's fault, but I think he's played a role in the step backwards the team have taken since last year.
sorry about that, then. i must have missed the 'it's all phelan's fault' threads when we were seven points clear with a game in hand.

Unread 22-03-2009, 06:47 PM
HollowmanVIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by CockOfTheNorth
And what a giant step backwards it has been. We're only two trophies up on last year and could potentially win another 3.
Beating Liverpool home and away in 06/07 and 07/08, losing to them home and away this season? I'd say in some regards thats a step backwards.

Yeah we've won the World Club Cup and the CC Cup. One of which is pretty much handed on a plate anyway, the other we won on penalties in a match when we rarely looked our best.

CQ > MP.
Closed Thread