United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-10-2017, 03:47 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloane
It seemed like he was really up for trying to gain love for the club and from the fans at the beginning, with the aim to stay for long time.
Somethings changed though, often commenting against the fans and flirting with PSG. Maybe the frustrations with Ed and Glazers and media are getting to him too much.
Mourinho feeds off conflict, whoever it's with. Seems to help motive him, and I guess he trusts it motives others. Whether it still works or indeed works for very long is to be established.

Unread 29-10-2017, 03:48 PM
The Stella Fella

It was to the camera wasn't it? As easily aimed at the MOTD #@&%!s than the fans

Unread 29-10-2017, 03:49 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Mourinho feeds off conflict, whoever it's with. Seems to help motive him, and I guess he trusts it motives others. Whether it still works or indeed works for very long is to be established.
True.

He certainly likes to create that victim/siege mentality.

Nothing new. Fergie did it. Just in a different way.

Mourinho's way is a little more divisive. Good when it works, shit when it doesn't. But he's always done it and he's made a successful career out of it.

Unread 29-10-2017, 03:51 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
True.

Mourinho's way is a little more divisive. Good when it works, shit when it doesn't. But he's always done it and he's made a successful career out of it.
Not of late.

Unread 29-10-2017, 03:54 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Not of late.
3 trophies in 3 years?....

Unread 29-10-2017, 03:58 PM
utd99

Quote:
3 trophies in 3 years?....
We were talking about the divisive aspect, and it’s effectiveness, I believe. When he did it at RM it didn’t end well; when he did it at Chelsea it didn’t end well, and he hasn’t really done it here yet, but there are some murmurings of it. I just really hope he doesn’t follow form. Just get your head down and do what you do best - manage football teams. Leave all the other shit at Stamford Bridge where it belongs.

Unread 29-10-2017, 03:59 PM
Throw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
We had a song for him ffs.

Unread 29-10-2017, 04:03 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
We were talking about the divisive aspect, and it’s effectiveness, I believe. When he did it at RM it didn’t end well; when he did it at Chelsea it didn’t end well, and he hasn’t really done it here yet, but there are some murmurings of it. I just really hope he doesn’t follow form. Just get your head down and do what you do best - manage football teams. Leave all the other shit at Stamford Bridge where it belongs.

Those are just examples of it going wrong. My point is that he does it everywhere he goes. Including successful spells at Chelsea, Madrid and Inter. In its best form, he creates a very unified team.

He was at it again this week. Apparently 'throwing his players under the bus' last weekend ... his team worked their arse off yesterday for a good win. Ofcourse the focus is again on how negative we were (which we weren't) and a trivial matter of him making a shush gesture.

The wider point is that it is simply a feature of a very successful manager.

Unread 29-10-2017, 04:04 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
True.

Yep, in Italy he seemed to pick a fight every week. Always a little risky to go after the fans, but he must trust his relationship with them. I'm not sure the constant need for conflict works as well at a United or Real Madrid, where surely we don't need the underdog mentality.

Ferguson would use any strife and create that siege mentality, like any good manager would. Mourinho takes more risks by creating the conflict himself a lot of the time to stir things in himself and others. At Madrid that got tiresome. Perhaps last time at Chelsea too.

Unread 29-10-2017, 04:07 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Yep, in Italy he seemed to pick a fight every week. Always a little risky to go after the fans, but he must trust his relationship with them. I'm not sure the constant need for conflict works as well at a United or Real Madrid, where surely we don't need the underdog mentality.

Ferguson would use any strife and create that siege mentality, like any good manager would. Mourinho takes more risks by creating the conflict himself a lot of the time to stir things in himself and others. At Madrid that got tiresome. Perhaps last time at Chelsea too.

Yep pretty much.

The times it goes wrong will always be highlighted more and it's by no means a risk-free approach. Simply though, when he retires, he'll retire as an extremely successful manager and this is a feature of that success and any contrasting failures.

Unread 29-10-2017, 05:22 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
We were talking about the divisive aspect, and it’s effectiveness, I believe. When he did it at RM it didn’t end well; when he did it at Chelsea it didn’t end well
Nothing ends well at Chelsea of Madrid. Mourinho lasted longer than any manager at either club in recent memory.

Unread 29-10-2017, 05:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
It begins...
How many times has that been said now?

Unread 29-10-2017, 05:46 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
You've just reminded me that the clocks have gone back an hour.

Unread 29-10-2017, 05:50 PM
armchair

He likes negativity and he likes proving people wrong. He didn't like Fellaini that much until Fellaini got booed. Now he £#%&!ing loves him just because he knows it annoys people.

Unread 29-10-2017, 06:13 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I don’t know. Why don’t you get the dossier out and check?
Closed Thread