United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:18 PM
MJ Ramone

Football Early thoughts on Tonight then? (not official Match Thread)

I know I lay it on a bit thick at times, but I look around the team..particuarly in light of recent results & I just can't see where the goals are coming from.
Yes, we might only need to score once...but it's asking a lot to keep Bayern out for 90minutes.

We need a big performance from Carrick & Fletcher tonight.
We need a positive, aggressive Valencia.
& we need Berbatov to prove all the doubters wrong.

It's set up for a famous European night, but I'm not sure as we've got enough big players (from an attacking point of view) to get the result we need.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:27 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Default Re: Early thoughts on Tonight then? (not official Match Thread)

They will win 1-0. Early goal.

Expect something like Dortmund in 97.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:28 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Shitting it and not confident at all, we need all the midfielders and forwards to be at the top of their game as I can see Bayern scoring.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:29 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I think if we manage to get through this one and idealy get past Lyon then it'll be easy against Barcelona in the final. They are probs shitting themselves.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:31 PM
waynes ear's

my arse is twitching

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:31 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
Shitting it and not confident at all, we need all the midfielders and forwards to be at the top of their game as I can see Bayern scoring.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:32 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:32 PM
Ginners

think it might go to penalties and we'll lose obv

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:33 PM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
I'll take that, hes a handsome devil

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:34 PM
Stickman

2-0 Utd. Early goal, late goal from a very professional and well organised Utd.

Van Buyten and Demicheles are garbage, have a little faith.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:35 PM
Baron

Pace, pace, more pace & some %@#$&!s are required.

So £#%&!ing what if Bayern score, they're a top notch European outfit, there should almost be an expectancy for them to get one, but Fergie seems to think that we are the same team as the last two seasons with Rooney doing the work of 2 on the left & Ronaldo capable of scoring at least once. We're not the same squad, let alone team, and if we start with Neville, Scholes & Giggs in the same XI it will be packed full of experience & devoid of the most important of traits in football, pace. So, in light of recent form, of the depressing sight of seeing Neville running in strobe light chasing Ribery's shadow, surely Rafael has to start to help push Valencia higher up the pitch? Surely a midfield of Fletcher & Carrick can intercept, hustle & pass their way to the attackers, I'd love to see Nani, Giggs & Valencia play behind Berbs, at least one of them will have to run past him, he's so £#%&!ing isolated, it's like they think he's Rooney & playing the same way will bring out the best. He's not, he's got very different abilities, if used properly they could help us win tonight, if we leave him up there alone, he'll look like a "lazy, useless @#%&!" according to some. But you wouldn't play Nani as a central midfielder would you, so what the £#%&! is Berbatov doing isolated up front when he hasn't the pace or work rate of Rooney, who should be played up there when fit? Adapt to the players we have, not the players adapting to the formation we've used in the last two years.

We've got some fantastic players, some of the best defenders in the world & a 'keeper capable of keeping us in any game, so Fergie will pack the midfield, hope to score from a £#%&!ing set peice or something & nick the 1-0 & my ring will go like a £#%&!ing rabbits nose for 90+mins... I hope we start with pace & power, run at them & have the crispness of passing that will open them up - but I know in the first 2mins you'll see us go sideways, and backwards, and be cagey & £#%&!ing dull.

It might be a transitional period, but we have a team capable of beating Bayern, NQAT, it just doesn't appear to me that Fergie has the balls to roll the dice again & take them on, which is a shame.

Smeggs

i just hope the general lack of confidence doesn't translate into a flat quiet OT, it really can make a difference when it gets going.

wasn't there on satdee but it sounded flat as a pancake, even before they took the lead.

as has been said, i'm not overly confident but hoping someone steps up and puts in an amazing performance to put us through.

The taste of...

If we score first the crowd will see us home (Comfortably)

If they score first the crowd will £#%&! off home (Mentally)

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:38 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
I'll take that, hes a handsome devil

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:39 PM
dunk

I've not had junk food or a takeaway of any description, certainly this year, going back months. I'm thinking tonight, I may treat myself to a Pizza.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Appletango

I think they will score.

As long as it isn't the first goal in the game we will win, either 2-1 then score in extra time or 3-1 in normal time.

How does extra time work these days? Is it normal extra time or have they invented any daft rules recently?

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:41 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I've not had junk food or a takeaway of any description, certainly this year, going back months. I'm thinking tonight, I may treat myself to a Pizza.
Eh, thanks for that dunk

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:41 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Eh, thanks for that dunk
He asked for thoughts on tonight.

Unread 07-04-2010, 01:43 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Eh, thanks for that dunk
It's good news.
Closed Thread