United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:21 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
i don't know if he is wumming but i already posted that in the only opportunity to see ronnie and messi on the pitch at the same time one player shone and the other was anonymous or worse acting like a spoilt brat at times, i'm still of the opinion that messi is the better footballer, i'm still of the opinion that kaka is the best footballer in world football atm.

based on what from last season?

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:21 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
That's amazing, really puts into perspective the goals he scored over the two legs and the way he single-handedly led his team to victory. Oh, wait....

Messi looked a player in the semi, but how much did he actually create over the course of 180 minutes? Not a great deal. If you're using that as evidence he's better than Ronnie you're frankly clueless.
But didn't you see the Champions League Semi Final? Ronaldo and Messi both played and Messi completely outclassed him as his side eased out of the tie nearly creating a major opening.

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
based on what from last season?
Him not wanting Ronaldo to be the best? Is that not enough, ffs?

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:22 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
i don't know if he is wumming but i already posted that in the only opportunity to see ronnie and messi on the pitch at the same time one player shone and the other was anonymous or worse acting like a spoilt brat at times, i'm still of the opinion that messi is the better footballer, i'm still of the opinion that kaka is the best footballer in world football atm.
And you're still a prize £#%&!ing idiot. Stick to hurling or whatever it is they play in that backwards home of yours.

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:26 PM
chorleyred

best player in the world, whose team couldn't finish in the top 4 in their league and were shite in the champions league

I think not. great player the season before but last year he was very ordinary. doesn't help that he was in a shite team.

to be the best player in the world you need your team mates to be great for you too, ronny had that last season, messi and kaka didn't

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:30 PM
Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
And you're still a prize £#%&!ing idiot. Stick to hurling or whatever it is they play in that backwards home of yours.
Reactionary, ill informed pillock . It's amazing that you have lasted so long on here without a long ban. Sucking dick again ???????

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:33 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch
Reactionary, ill informed pillock . It's amazing that you have lasted so long on here without a long ban. Sucking dick again ???????

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:37 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I think a lot of people are blinded by ronaldo's flash and the goals he's scored this year, forgetting that football is a team game and that it was the team that won the double not just ronaldo. ronaldo was on the end of a lot of balls that were played in by other players. For me ronaldo's overall game was not as good this year as it was last year where he played more as a team player. This past season he scored goals and showed some flashes of great skill but there are many elements to his game that are lacking compared to other players. Free kicks for instance, he takes them all, probably amounts to 50 a season or more, how many times does he even hit the target? they constantly go into the wall or into row zz. what about his tackling? giggs was a winger and in his prime would produce many a sliding tackle and would defend with a lot of heart, ronaldo? not even close to that level.

If you think football is all about step-overs and running with the ball then ronaldo's your man, but if you're like me and think that a great footballer has a lot more to their game than just the flash and scoring then perhaps ronaldo wouldnt be seen as all that special overall.

ronaldo being the greatest player in the world is a sad reflection on the game imo and is just a further sign that football is now hollywood on grass.

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:38 PM
chorleyred

you're barmy

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:40 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
I think a lot of people are blinded by ronaldo's flash and the goals he's scored this year, forgetting that football is a team game and that it was the team that won the double not just ronaldo. ronaldo was on the end of a lot of balls that were played in by other players. For me ronaldo's overall game was not as good this year as it was last year where he played more as a team player. This past season he scored goals and showed some flashes of great skill but there are many elements to his game that are lacking compared to other players. Free kicks for instance, he takes them all, probably amounts to 50 a season or more, how many times does he even hit the target? they constantly go into the wall or into row zz. what about his tackling? giggs was a winger and in his prime would produce many a sliding tackle and would defend with a lot of heart, ronaldo? not even close to that level.

If you think football is all about step-overs and running with the ball then ronaldo's your man, but if you're like me and think that a great footballer has a lot more to their game than just the flash and scoring then perhaps ronaldo wouldnt be seen as all that special overall.

ronaldo being the greatest player in the world is a sad reflection on the game imo and is just a further sign that football is now hollywood on grass.
Maybe the most ridiculous post I've ever seen. I can't even begin to disect it. I do hope for your sake this is all a hilarious attempt to wind people up.

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:44 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:

You pathetic individual. I think i'm speechless. You honestly don't believe what you've just said do you?

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:44 PM
borsuk

Quote:

words fail me

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:45 PM
Tumescent Throb

rooney, scholes, giggs, ferguson, kaka, cantona...

just a few of the people who have recently called Ronaldo the best player in the world.

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:46 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
rooney, scholes, giggs, ferguson, kaka, cantona...

just a few of the people who have recently called Ronaldo the best player in the world.
But what about some anti-United, anti-Ronaldo Canadian based internet fella?

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:48 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:

ffs

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:50 PM
Father Christmas

Ronaldo the best player in the world? Maybe. But he's not in the class of Zidane, Platini, Maradona etc

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:54 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Father Christmas
Ronaldo the best player in the world? Maybe. But he's not in the class of Zidane, Platini, Maradona etc
he's 23 ffs

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:57 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
he's 23 ffs

He's no way near them though, no way near Eusebio, Pele, Maradonna and other players whose career suddenly ended at 23.

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:13 PM
user_name

Quote:
I think a lot of people are blinded by ronaldo's flash and the goals he's scored this year

didnt need to read any further than that.
Closed Thread