United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2008, 04:15 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
That may be so. But they are both only about half as effective as Ronaldo. Having a great football brain is all well and good, but it's what they actually manage to do on the pitch that makes someone the best in the world. And neither Rooney or Messi have ever come close to the kind of consistent performances Ronnie has put in over the last two years.
exactly....Messi is NOWHERE near the level of Ronaldo in terms of performance and goals he's far too sporadic...Rooney is a bit more consistent than Messi but again nowhere near Ronaldo in terms of finisahed product

I'll be £#%&!in gutted when Ronaldo goes because I don't have a clue how we would even begin to replace him....truth is we can't and the @#%&! knows it

Unread 21-06-2008, 04:19 PM
£#%&! KFC

it wasn't a leaked story by United btw

and Daniel Taylor is a £#%&!in @#%&! who has an anti-Ferguson agenda if not anti-United

Unread 21-06-2008, 04:23 PM
Part 36 Offer

I'm still finding it hard to hate him. What a player.

Unread 21-06-2008, 04:23 PM
S/Side.Red

I don't know why he's going on about the clothes Ronaldo was wearing. From the sounds of it he wasn't involved in the event in question, so why wouldn't he be dressed normally?

Unread 21-06-2008, 04:25 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
I'm still finding it hard to hate him. What a player.
me too

although I do hate him a bit more today

Unread 21-06-2008, 05:34 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowplay
Daniel Taylor was banned from Old Trafford not so long ago.
After the Anderson story.

Edit he is still a red though, not a Top one however.

Unread 21-06-2008, 07:06 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBishi
Scholes would've gone Madrid if he didn't burn so easily.
I meant scholes was unselfish and aware of his team mates, whereas ronaldo.... well, you've seen the look on rooney's face.

I think we should loan ronaldo to madrid for a year (for, say, 20 million of your english pounds). it would get it out of his system. they'd win £#%&! all and he'd realise what a bunch of tossers they all are and how much he needs clever and hard-working players around him.

Unread 21-06-2008, 07:12 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
exactly....Messi is NOWHERE near the level of Ronaldo in terms of performance and goals he's far too sporadic...Rooney is a bit more consistent than Messi but again nowhere near Ronaldo in terms of finisahed product

I'll be £#%&!in gutted when Ronaldo goes because I don't have a clue how we would even begin to replace him....truth is we can't and the @#%&! knows it
it's easier knowing that he's not really a red. no one doubts his ability but you can either fall into one of two camps - £#%&! the attitude, we need the players, or £#%&! the talent we need the right attitude in our team.

i'd rather have the players who want to play for us. if your hearts not in it then what's what's the point :0)

Unread 21-06-2008, 07:29 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
i was making a general point, not directed at anyone in particular.

another example would be the dinked defence-splitter, say Scholes to Rooney against Milan last season. that move is straight off the United training pitch and has been seen from countless United players to good effect over the last 15 years or so. that in no way takes away from Scholes' unquestionable ability as a player of vision, creativity and technical excellence.
you can practice it as much as you like in training...it's only players of rooney and scholes' class who can do it under pressure with a split seconds decision time in a real match.

Unread 21-06-2008, 07:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

Default well

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
you can practice it as much as you like in training...it's only players of rooney and scholes' class who can do it under pressure with a split seconds decision time in a real match.
Silvestre can play a diagonal crossfield ping as well as most; McClair was playing that dinky defence-splitter long before Eric signed

Unread 21-06-2008, 07:36 PM
fix up look SHARPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
the same was said of keane. like ronaldo he was unique, there was no direct replacement for him that existed, let alone was available. so we moved on. changed. progressed.

as we will do now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Henry Winter
United always survive. They have been through darker hours, endured real tragedy, and eventually emerged stronger. Manchester United's football reflects their immense capacity for recovery; remember the last minutes of the Champions League final of 1999 and, a month ago, how they held their shoot-out nerve in Moscow (when a certain celebrated No 7 missed). As in the passage of a match, so in the journey of life: resilience runs through United.

Unread 21-06-2008, 07:56 PM
Fatboy Shrek

MJ Ramone has chatted utter shite in this thread. He's getting a bit frustrated with Ronaldo and is throwing his toys out of the pram - a bit like Ronaldo when he doesn't get a free kick maybe?

Ronaldo has done so much more than either Rooney or Messi in the last few years it's scary that 'football people' actually debate these things. MJ Ramone is honestly trying to suggest football brain makes you the best player in the world? In which case we're throwing Ronaldo somewhere around the 500th best player mark, we're stepping up in the chase for Riqueleme again and us an Arsenal can fight it out for the press's affection.

Make no mistake if Ronaldo leaves, it would take something very special for us to replace him. "But with Ronaldo gone Rooney will be RELEASEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!!!". Not without someone to provide and link up with he wont. He works best with a goalscorer and the only comparable options to Ronaldo in the world at the moment are Torres and Villa. We're not getting either, in which case Ferguson is going to have to earn his money this summer and then some.

I don't know the answer and i very much doubt anyone else on here has the answer, though i think the result is going to be either very exciting or very dissapointing.

Unread 21-06-2008, 08:22 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by fix up look SHARPE
the same was said of keane. like ronaldo he was unique, there was no direct replacement for him that existed, let alone was available. so we moved on. changed. progressed.

as we will do now.
let's hope so....but Ronaldo is the best player in the world Keane was not even the best midfielder at United imo

Unread 21-06-2008, 09:39 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

One day barca will play real and messi and ronaldo will play against each other, and just as messi showed he was a better player when united played barca this past season he will do so again.

Messi is going to be some player, he's already scored one of the greatest goals of all time and he's still a teenager isnt he?

Unread 21-06-2008, 09:42 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
One day barca will play real and messi and ronaldo will play against each other, and just as messi showed he was a better player when united played barca this past season he will do so again.

Messi is going to be some player, he's already scored one of the greatest goals of all time and he's still a teenager isnt he?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sdkl75zBh-k
You are amusing.

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:01 PM
chorleyred

Quote:

remind me again who played in the champions league final from the semi they both played against each other, messi or ronaldo?

who scored the most goals in the cl?

who finished top scorer in their league?

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:07 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:

totally agree and remember messi was only returning from injury

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:13 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
You're agreeing with the biggest WUM on the forum, says it all really doesn't it?

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:17 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
That's amazing, really puts into perspective the goals he scored over the two legs and the way he single-handedly led his team to victory. Oh, wait....

Messi looked a player in the semi, but how much did he actually create over the course of 180 minutes? Not a great deal. If you're using that as evidence he's better than Ronnie you're frankly clueless.

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:19 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
You're agreeing with the biggest WUM on the forum, says it all really doesn't it?
i don't know if he is wumming but i already posted that in the only opportunity to see ronnie and messi on the pitch at the same time one player shone and the other was anonymous or worse acting like a spoilt brat at times, i'm still of the opinion that messi is the better footballer, i'm still of the opinion that kaka is the best footballer in world football atm.
Closed Thread