United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:39 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
So was Kezman

I'm not saying we shouldn't get Huntelaar, don't get me wrong, I just wouldn't be happy if we sold the Best Player in The World and brought in unproven Ruud-like strikers.

We should be siging a Huntelaar (up and coming striker) ANYWAY.
we probably are. who's suggesting we wern't?

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:44 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
they are the players I would buy. you're wrong about flips btw. oh, and keane. anyway, we can argue about it all day. the fact is, dunk there is life without ronnie and we will win things next season without him. bet against that and you'd be foolish.
There is life without any player, we have the option with Ronaldo and it should be managed to suit us, ie, he stays until there are worthwhile players to replace him.

Oh, and you're wrong about both KEan and definitely Wright -Phillips, he is £#%&!ing dross If he weren't, he would've been somewhere near Chelsea's squad in the last 3 months of last season. Oh, and he is a £#%&!ing midget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
arshavin
Looks a damn good player, but again, a midget.

We stand to lose a man who is 6' plus and strong a an Ox, that stature will need replacing.

We cannot but Wriht Phillips on Arshavins shoulders and hope that they make 1 decent player, it doesn't work like that.

Our midfield and attack is too £#%&!ing small as it is and struggles against big, powerful teams.

Quote:
we probably are. who's suggesting we wern't?
No-one, but there aren't many options is the point I am making, certainly not enough to justify binning Ronaldo on the grounds he can be replaced.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:45 PM
Grouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
i'm banned from 'Grand central' doesn't make me a @#%&!.
you're absolutely right..............

however there's plenty more about you that does.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:47 PM
wonky no

Quote:
There is life without any player, we have the option with Ronaldo and it should be managed to suit us, ie, he stays until there are worthwhile players to replace him.

Oh, and you're wrong about both KEan and definitely Wright -Phillips, he is £#%&!ing dross If he weren't, he would've been somewhere near Chelsea's squad in the last 3 months of last season. Oh, and he is a £#%&!ing midget.

Looks a damn good player, but again, a midget.

We stand to lose a man who is 6' plus and strong a an Ox, that stature will need replacing.

We cannot but Wriht Phillips on Arshavins shoulders and hope that they make 1 decent player, it doesn't work like that.

Our midfield and attack is too £#%&!ing small as it is and struggles against big, powerful teams.
make him stay against his wishes? if he wants to go let him go.

flips is far too attack minded to be anywhere near a chelsea post code. infact, if he's still there next season i'll wager he gets a fair few more games under Skill harry.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
make him stay against his wishes? if he wants to go let him go.

flips is far too attack minded to be anywhere near a chelsea post code. infact, if he's still there next season i'll wager he gets a fair few more games under Skill harry.
Opinions are opinions, he is shit though, even when he plays for England, over-hyped midget. I'd prefer Ashley Young.

If you let him go because he wants to go, what's the £#%&!ing point in the contract he signed? The point is 12 months ao he was happy to commit for 5 years, he will hve to seve at lest 3 of them IMO. And when Fergie speaks to him, that is what he will be and probably expects to be told, he will stay.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:54 PM
chorleyred

Thumbs up

Quote:
Opinions are opinions, he is shit though, even when he plays for England, over-hyped midget. I'd prefer Ashley Young.

If you let him go because he wants to go, what's the £#%&!ing point in the contract he signed? The point is 12 months ao he was happy to commit for 5 years, he will hve to seve at lest 3 of them IMO. And when Fergie speaks to him, that is what he will be and probably expects to be told, he will stay.

I'd not be opposed to Ashley Young, was really impressed with him last season.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:58 PM
wonky no

Quote:

transfer money. he's not a criminal serving 3 of a 5 yr sentence. he wants away and us mak,ing him stay makes us look desperate. cash in, buy flips and keane concentrate on the treble.

Unread 21-06-2008, 02:07 PM
dunk

Quote:
transfer money. he's not a criminal serving 3 of a 5 yr sentence. he wants away and us mak,ing him stay makes us look desperate. cash in, buy flips and keane concentrate on the treble.
The only treble we'd get with philips and Keane would be finishing 3rd in the league, third in our group in the CL and losing 3 more top players in disgust.

The point of the contract is we are under no pressure to sel from anyone but the player and the press, if the player is told he is staying, he ca do nothing but carry on in the same vein.

Look at Lyon with Essien and Diarra, sold when it suited them, made to honour contracts until it suited them.

Bayern Munich did the same with Hargreaves and Ballack, didn't bow to player pressure, waited until it suited them.

It's the only bit of power clubs have left, they would be foolish not to use it in situations like this.

I think we should get...

Huntelaar
Benzema
Ben Arfa
Kaka

That'd sort it.

Unread 21-06-2008, 02:09 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouch
you're absolutely right..............

however there's plenty more about you that does.
Thanks for that.............

Im hurt..

Unread 21-06-2008, 02:09 PM
rebelcountyred

he has disrespected the club and it's history, no understanding of what it is to be a manchester united player, it's all about him, shallow, uncouth, selfish, seems some people can overlook any kind of behaviour in a player but not me, no player is bigger than the club and he can £#%&! off to madrid imo.

Unread 21-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
The only treble we'd get with philips and Keane would be finishing 3rd in the league, third in our group in the CL and losing 3 more top players in disgust.

The point of the contract is we are under no pressure to sel from anyone but the player and the press, if the player is told he is staying, he ca do nothing but carry on in the same vein.

Look at Lyon with Essien and Diarra, sold when it suited them, made to honour contracts until it suited them.

Bayern Munich did the same with Hargreaves and Ballack, didn't bow to player pressure, waited until it suited them.

It's the only bit of power clubs have left, they would be foolish not to use it in situations like this.

I think we should get...

Huntelaar
Benzema
Ben Arfa
Kaka

That'd sort it.
so just the player then

Unread 21-06-2008, 02:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so just the player then
Well, yes.

But the press are doing a belting job of adding the fans to that list, no?

Unread 21-06-2008, 02:29 PM
chorleyred

basically all getting a player on a long contract does these days just gets you a fee for the player.

If the player wants out there's not much united can do realistically considering the mindset of a player who is being forced to stay where he doesn't want

ffs he's on my telly now, what a player

Unread 21-06-2008, 02:49 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Well, yes.

But the press are doing a belting job of adding the fans to that list, no?
they have a captive audience

it's a short-cut to thinking

Unread 21-06-2008, 03:16 PM
Darth Vidic

Given that we've had a very successful attack based on great movement and everyone getting involved in the build up, why do people want someone static like Huntelaar?

Unread 21-06-2008, 03:26 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Given that we've had a very successful attack based on great movement and everyone getting involved in the build up, why do people want someone static like Huntelaar?
It's called having a second option.

Unread 21-06-2008, 03:52 PM
Blagger

someone needs to take him down a few pegs, and i'll bet fergie is doing so right now.

Unread 21-06-2008, 03:53 PM
borsuk

Quote:
www.youtube.com

Unread 21-06-2008, 04:00 PM
dunk

Quote:
It's true.

Variation is so overrated.

Unread 21-06-2008, 04:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
unless Madrid offer the proper value for him, which imo, is £75m +

then they should just make him stay. this once in a lifetime opportunity is a load of bull. they've been in for him the last 2yrs. and they'll be in for him next summer as well.

i think you're right though, i think he'll be told to stay and can leave next season. probably will get more money out of utd for this season as well.

utd can't afford to lose him. there is no one out there that i actually want us to buy.

nft.
I certainly wouldn't want to make him stay; I'd want to convince him to stay. There's a big difference. Players often consider moving clubs, but most don't do it in public. My hope would be that Fergie, Carlos, the players etc can make Ronaldo believe that this is still the best place for him to be. It's a long shot, but it's worth a go and I'm sure that will be Fergie's aim. I just feel that you don’t let the best player in the world, who is only 23, leave the club without a fight.

Then there’s the question of being able to stomach Madrid being successful in their scummy gameplan to unsettle the player.
Closed Thread