United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:07 PM
MUFC One Love

My worry if we sell him is with the money. If we sign a couple of good players we'll be just as good if not better next season. But I fear the club, having winning the double, will get away with not spending any of it on players, and give excuses like 'we won't waste it for the sake of it' 'clubs are overpricing players 'cos they know we have the money from the Ronaldo sale'.

Of course, we can't go wasting it and being over-charged on players who aren't worth it, but I'm sure we could sign at least 2 very good players for the right money if we're clever enough.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I take your point on Huntelaar, he would be a gamble though, given the level he plays at

International level?

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:08 PM
Whalefish

The player wants to leave El, he's never made it a secret. Just want to point that out. Utd aren't forcing him out the door.

I won't be surprised if he's here for another 12months though.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:09 PM
chorleyred

that will already be accounted for though hopefully.

this time last summer all new signings were done, must all be at the euros our signings

I can't wait for the new season, with or without ronny

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:12 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
The player wants to leave El, he's never made it a secret. Just want to point that out. Utd aren't forcing him out the door.

I won't be surprised if he's here for another 12months though.
unless Madrid offer the proper value for him, which imo, is £75m +

then they should just make him stay. this once in a lifetime opportunity is a load of bull. they've been in for him the last 2yrs. and they'll be in for him next summer as well.

i think you're right though, i think he'll be told to stay and can leave next season. probably will get more money out of utd for this season as well.

utd can't afford to lose him. there is no one out there that i actually want us to buy.

nft.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:13 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
International level?
2nd/3rd choice at that level.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:14 PM
wonky no

Quote:
I didn't say there was another Ronaldo (Although Ben Arfa at Lyon strikes me as similar, maybe with the right coaching he could be an effective replacement, although his attitude has been called into question) but there aren't many players out there, of the required quality, that could be brought in.

I take your point on Huntelaar, he would be a gamble though, given the level he plays at and we should be signing someone like him even IF Ronaldo stays, so who else is there?
this chap will do

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83401

p'chenco and huntelaar with the money would be nice. i'd also go for shaun wright-flips too. i rate him and think he's been a victim of poor carrer advice.

for ronaldo my shopping list would be

Schjieder
wright-flips
p'chenco
huntelaar
robbie keane

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:15 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
this is true

never cease to be amazed how when certain players carry out standard plays straight off the training pitch (raking crossfield diagonals and third man runs in particular) it's seen as great vision and evidence of a great football brain, rather than learned technique and practised timing

we are lucky to be able to watch Rooney and Ronaldo playing in the same team - a joy to behold.
Yeah, because the crossfield diagonal ball was exactly what I meant by 'football brain'

I'm talking about Rooney's appreciation of the game. The choice of pass. The 'bigger picture' when an attack is underway...the weight on his passes.
He's had all this in his game since he was 17!
I've mentioned this before, but I met Eric Harrison a year or 2 back & he said that Rooney was the best young player he'd EVER seen (& he included all the class of 92 in that)

Anyway, Rooney's got NOTHING to do with this debate.
This is about Ronaldo the £#%&!ing Rat.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:15 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
that will already be accounted for though hopefully.

this time last summer all new signings were done, must all be at the euros our signings

I can't wait for the new season, with or without ronny
maybe we spent so much last summer because utd knew that they would get the money back this summer????

nft.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:19 PM
fools mould

I would take the 75million then politely knock on Barcalona's door and tempt them with it for Messi, surely its worth a punt with Guardiola rebuilding the team.

Or if all else fails the just sign Naomi Campbell, she would have all day on the ball, no £#%&!er would want to get in punching or spitting distance of her!!

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
this chap will do

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=83401

p'chenco and huntelaar with the money would be nice. i'd also go for shaun wright-flips too. i rate him and think he's been a victim of poor carrer advice.

for ronaldo my shopping list would be

Schjieder (No Chance, and it's Sneijder)
wright-flips (£#%&! OFF, He is Utter £#%&!)
p'chenco (Looks good, limited though)
huntelaar (Not sure tbh, not seen enough, as he doesn't play at a level worth televising )
robbie keane(£#%&! Off)
£#%&! Me

I'm glad you're ot being given the job of spending our transfer budget, seriously.

Tbf, I think you have just emphasised my point, there is a dearth of up and coming talent, so to let a 23 year old who is handcuffed by a massive contract leave would be ridiculous.
I'm glad you don't manage United.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:20 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
2nd/3rd choice at that level.

A 24 year old, who has scored in 8 golas in 13 games, is second choice at one of the best country's in Europe and he is still unproven...?

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:25 PM
dunk

Quote:
A 24 year old, who has scored in 8 golas in 13 games, is second choice at one of the best country's in Europe and he is still unproven...?
Hakan Sukur top scored for Turkey in the qualifiers at the age of 36-37.

I wouls say Huntelaar is unproven in the CL and outside of the Dutch league, a league in whcih Afonso Alves and Mateja Kezman scored goals for fun.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:26 PM
wonky no

Quote:
£#%&! Me

I'm glad you're ot being given the job of spending our transfer budget, seriously.

Tbf, I think you have just emphasised my point, there is a dearth of up and coming talent, so to let a 23 year old who is handcuffed by a massive contract leave would be ridiculous.
I'm glad you don't manage United.
ok dunk. there's a huge drought of talant

those players listed are quality. shhhhhnydarrr, nani, park and flips have enough about them to win us the league and (although its a lottery) the european cup again.

p'chenco and huntelaar are two of the most natural all round goal scorers i've seen in a long time. since ruud probably.

robbie kean is a superb striker. unfashionable but superb. in a great team he could and would get 20+ goals in the premier league. i would put money on it.

it's laughable that united fans rated Smith above keane

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
ok dunk. there's a huge drought of talant

those players listed are quality. shhhhhnydarrr, nani, park and flips have enough about them to win us the league and (although its a lottery) the european cup again.

p'chenco and huntelaar are two of the most natural all round goal scorers i've seen in a long time. since ruud probably.

robbie kean is a superb striker. unfashionable but superb. in a great team he could and would get 20+ goals in the premier league. i would put money on it.

it's laughable that united fans rated Smith above keane
I never rated Smith above Keane, who is a good player, but United class, no.

Pavlyuchenko may be worth a shot, he seems a bit limited in his all round play, but is used to the type of football we play.

As for Huntelaar, I refer you to my earlier post.

Wright-Phillips is £#%&!ing £#%&!. there is no argument there, everytime he is in a position to cross, he slices it out for a goal kick. A fast midget, he can £#%&! off.

As for Sneijder, I refer you to the following....

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/fron...?newsid=186733

Top player, I would have him in a shot, not going to happen.

Now, if they are the best name you can come up with, I think my point about the lack of talent coming through is one well made.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Yeah, because the crossfield diagonal ball was exactly what I meant by 'football brain'

I'm talking about Rooney's appreciation of the game. The choice of pass. The 'bigger picture' when an attack is underway...the weight on his passes.
He's had all this in his game since he was 17!
I've mentioned this before, but I met Eric Harrison a year or 2 back & he said that Rooney was the best young player he'd EVER seen (& he included all the class of 92 in that)

Anyway, Rooney's got NOTHING to do with this debate.
This is about Ronaldo the £#%&!ing Rat.
i was making a general point, not directed at anyone in particular.

another example would be the dinked defence-splitter, say Scholes to Rooney against Milan last season. that move is straight off the United training pitch and has been seen from countless United players to good effect over the last 15 years or so. that in no way takes away from Scholes' unquestionable ability as a player of vision, creativity and technical excellence.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:35 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I wouls say Huntelaar is unproven outside of the Dutch league, .

So was Ruud

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
So was Ruud
So was Kezman

I'm not saying we shouldn't get Huntelaar, don't get me wrong, I just wouldn't be happy if we sold the Best Player in The World and brought in unproven Ruud-like strikers.

We should be siging a Huntelaar (up and coming striker) ANYWAY.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:38 PM
wonky no

Quote:
I never rated Smith above Keane, who is a good player, but United class, no.

Pavlyuchenko may be worth a shot, he seems a bit limited in his all round play, but is used to the type of football we play.

As for Huntelaar, I refer you to my earlier post.

Wright-Phillips is £#%&!ing £#%&!. there is no argument there, everytime he is in a position to cross, he slices it out for a goal kick. A fast midget, he can £#%&! off.

As for Sneijder, I refer you to the following....

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/fron...?newsid=186733

Top player, I would have him in a shot, not going to happen.

Now, if they are the best name you can come up with, I think my point about the lack of talent coming through is one well made.
they are the players I would buy. you're wrong about flips btw. oh, and keane. anyway, we can argue about it all day. the fact is, dunk there is life without ronnie and we will win things next season without him. bet against that and you'd be foolish.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:39 PM
chorleyred

arshavin
Closed Thread