United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:31 PM
fools mould

The way Ronaldo and Real Madrid have engineerd this, has put Sir Alex in a tricky situation.....

Does he let him go ? then maybe run the risk of other players in the future acting in the same manner knowing they will get what they want.

Or does he keep him ? to show that no one can ride roughshod over the club.

Me personaly would like to see the back of him, he has not got a ounce of respect for us the fans who stood by him after the world cup also the way Fergi and Queiroz looked after him when his Dad passed away obviously does not meen anything to him either.Don't know if he lacks muturity or lacks class but its one of them, anybody that wants to leave a ''young'' team of European and premiership champions that can dominate for years to come for a team mainly made up of geriatrics is driven by one thing ''DREAM'' yeah right..... £300,000 a week more like.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:32 PM
MrBishi

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
ronaldo will never be as good on the pitch as he could be unless he gets a personality transplant from scholesy.
Scholes would've gone Madrid if he didn't burn so easily.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Can we not put him on 12 months Gardening leave?

For all those condoning selling him now (and I fully understand your viewpoint) could you please provide a few, realistic*, targets to replace him?

Because as far as I can see, there is absolutley nothing out there that we could get that is available.

For me, they have to make him stay simply because there are no feasible replacements.

[SIZE="1"](*No Benzema or Messi or Kaka types, as they aren't available under any circumstances)
Has Aguero been bought by anyone yet?

If not, Aguero would be my replacement for Ronaldo.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:33 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Can we not put him on 12 months Gardening leave?

For all those condoning selling him now (and I fully understand your viewpoint) could you please provide a few, realistic*, targets to replace him?

Because as far as I can see, there is absolutley nothing out there that we could get that is available.

For me, they have to make him stay simply because there are no feasible replacements.

[SIZE="1"](*No Benzema or Messi or Kaka types, as they aren't available under any circumstances)
there available targets. we were creaming ourselves at signing ronaldiho when we signed ronnie. we may never sign another ronaldo but we will make good signings

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:34 PM
keano's love

probably because one has failed to deliver the end produc that his world class talent deserves for 2 years now and another one is fit for barely half of the season and fears from barcelona and argentinian doctors that he will forever be injury prone because of his muscle structure .

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:36 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Messi & Rooney both have a far better 'football brain' than Ronaldo.
That may be so. But they are both only about half as effective as Ronaldo. Having a great football brain is all well and good, but it's what they actually manage to do on the pitch that makes someone the best in the world. And neither Rooney or Messi have ever come close to the kind of consistent performances Ronnie has put in over the last two years.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Has Aguero been bought by anyone yet?

If not, Aguero would be my replacement for Ronaldo.
Ateltico claimed that Chelsea offered £43m a fortnight ago, but they turned it down as he is not for sale at any price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
there available targets. we were creaming ourselves at signing ronaldiho when we signed ronnie. we may never sign another ronaldo but we will make good signings
Are you watching the Euro's? Who has been the young player of the tournament? Someone who has impressed you enough that you feel United HAVE to buy him?

After that Sporting Friendly, we HAD to buy Ronaldo. There is no-one even close to that level in European football at the moment, if there was he would be at the top of Everyone's shopping list.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:42 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Ateltico claimed that Chelsea offered £43m a fortnight ago, but they turned it down as he is not for sale at any price.

Are you watching the Euro's? Who has been the young player of the tournament? Someone who has impressed you enough that you feel United HAVE to buy him?

After that Sporting Friendly, we HAD to buy Ronaldo. There is no-one even close to that level in European football at the moment, if there was he would be at the top of Everyone's shopping list.
there are plenty of great footballers in the euros. huntelaar is a stand out target for one. there isn't another ronaldo, he's pretty unique.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:44 PM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
That may be so. But they are both only about half as effective as Ronaldo. Having a great football brain is all well and good, but it's what they actually manage to do on the pitch that makes someone the best in the world. And neither Rooney or Messi have ever come close to the kind of consistent performances Ronnie has put in over the last two years.

spot on. You have to be brain dead to even come close to thinking Ronaldo hasn't outshone both of them by a distance this season.

it's ok to hate him for wanting to leave, but let's at least stick with the facts. watch the season dvd if you're forgetting just what he did for us this season, which must be up there with the best season any player has ever had for any club

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:48 PM
El Calafate

this is defo a leaked story by utd.

the end is nigh.

nft.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:50 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate

the end is nigh.

nft.
i thought the same. if it's true though then fair play.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:52 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate

the end is nigh.

nft.
It is and it's correct too.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
there are plenty of great footballers in the euros. huntelaar is a stand out target for one. there isn't another ronaldo, he's pretty unique.
I didn't say there was another Ronaldo (Although Ben Arfa at Lyon strikes me as similar, maybe with the right coaching he could be an effective replacement, although his attitude has been called into question) but there aren't many players out there, of the required quality, that could be brought in.

I take your point on Huntelaar, he would be a gamble though, given the level he plays at and we should be signing someone like him even IF Ronaldo stays, so who else is there?

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:55 PM
chorleyred

as long as we get a good price for him then spend it on a few quality replacements I won't be too bothered.

of course the world knowing we have money burning a hole in our pockets will make it a bastard to get players at decent prices

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:58 PM
El Calafate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred
as long as we get a good price for him then spend it on a few quality replacements I won't be too bothered.

of course the world knowing we have money burning a hole in our pockets will make it a bastard to get players at decent prices
i hope utd are just stalling Madrid while they get their replacements on board, because once Ronnie goes every other players price will go through the roof.

nft.

Unread 21-06-2008, 12:58 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by chorleyred

exactly. When he goes we're going to have to find a lot of goals from somewhere, so buying goalscorers will be imperative.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Whalefish

We apparently have 57million outstanding on signings. I suspect that has to be paid at some point.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:02 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
this is true

never cease to be amazed how when certain players carry out standard plays straight off the training pitch (raking crossfield diagonals and third man runs in particular) it's seen as great vision and evidence of a great football brain, rather than learned technique and practised timing

we are lucky to be able to watch Rooney and Ronaldo playing in the same team - a joy to behold.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:05 PM
El Calafate

utd are going to lose the best player in the world.

i don't care who we bring in, our team now will be a lot weaker.

nft.

Unread 21-06-2008, 01:07 PM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
We apparently have 57million outstanding on signings. I suspect that has to be paid at some point.
Wonderful, we should have just enough to buy the likes of Dean Ashton after clearing tidy sum
Closed Thread