United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:30 AM
SilverSurfer

Don't think it's a smear story from inside the club but neither is it one United would be too unhappy to see either. As it happened on a media open day in front of the papers, in my mind there's no doubt it's 100% genuine and the club/Ronaldo would have been utterly powerless to stop anything written.

No doubt Taylor, the Guardian's main Utd journo and a secret fan I think, was reacting to Ronaldo's (blatantly disrespectful) quotes the other day. To have written it beforehand would have seemed petty minded and taken away from the Munich tribute, as Taylor said. But journalists keep this stuff in mind for a good story at the right moment. Now seems a pretty apposite time to wheel it out.

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:34 AM
keano's love

united fans believing a anti-united story from daniel £#%&!ing taylor!!

I love how he starts saying journo's didn't want to publish it back then not to show disrespect and suddenly when rumours are abound about ronaldo's future, it comes out

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:34 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo stansfield
look like the typical smear story a the club prepare to sell him.

remember the ruud stories that came out in lead up to us selling him.
Which ones? I remember him having a go at Ronaldo, what were the other ones as it seems like a while ago

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:45 AM
razzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by keano's love

I love how he starts saying journo's didn't want to publish it back then not to show disrespect and suddenly when rumours are abound about ronaldo's future, it comes out
it isn't an anti-united story at all

can you read?

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:53 AM
hopkins

They were probably told politely not to write about it at the time, as the main focus was on Munich anniversary etc

Now it's open season on Ronaldo and they're all gonna come out of the woodwork, the awards story has been mentioned before, but you ca bet there'll be a few lies amongst the nuggets of truth

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:57 AM
signed dc

Daniel Taylor's hardly anti-United.

Unread 21-06-2008, 10:58 AM
SilverSurfer

Quote:

For a start it's not necessarily anti-United, its more an illustration of part of Ronaldo's character, one that we've all seen in recent weeks. Accept it.

And to your second point, if you're a journalist sent to cover the Munich tribute, you'll have to write about that. As space is squeezed (maybe just 500 words for a big subject) you have to make a judgement as to whether the club's best performing player appearing to act the @#%&! is really worthy of putting in your piece, in the big scheme of things. A follow up piece would be over the top and for what? So as a journalist you make a note of it and leave it till the moment when Ronaldo is the most openly @#%&!ish, which has been this week with those comments.

That's how the media works. When the knives are out for Fergie, it's a bit of payback for the times when they've had to sit on a good story rather than publish, or they've had snippets of something but not enough to stand up into a story.

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:02 AM
Ether

Quote:

My thoughts exactly.

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:03 AM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
No idea whether that story is true or not, but i do know and have known for a long time that ronaldo is a slapped arse prima donna that is in need of a good kicking.

Seems i was the only one that could see it on here, a few months back i had every £#%&!er on here telling me i'm anti-united because i'd sniffed that £#%&!er out. Not that it took much sniffing, it was blatantly obviously to anyone that didnt have red titnted goggles on.

Get rid ffs, he's well over-rated and his form will only go down if we keep hold of him and then he'll either be worth less or he'll walk away on a free down the line.
You truly are a £#%&!ing gobshite.

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:08 AM
keano's love

Its not an illustration of ronaldo's character. Its a subtle attempt at getting the united fans against ronaldo as they know that if ronaldo stays and united sign a couple of players then united will pretty much become unbeatable.

The subtle remarks about dressing sense, trying to give a "gangsta" or "rock band boy" look to ronaldo's image. I find it hardly amusing that ronaldo chose to wair a pair of jeans to the tribute. Dressing always should restricted by one thing. your comfortability.

Then there are subtle comparisons about rooney and ronaldo. As everyone knows, rooney is already on his way to legendary status at united and probably retire at united. They know one thing that even ardent ronaldo fans among united fans will get split when the word comes about rooney.

Ronaldo for all his #@&%!yness and arrogant knows when to open his mouth and when not to. He loves the attention that he gets. Its unbelievable that he will do anything childish which will ruin his image in front of media and press if not in front of sir bobby or other greats present.

And do you believe rooney and rio would be so affectionate towards ronaldo if ronaldo had done all this? especially rooney who loves the club, its history and heritage.

All the english media is doing now, is trying to kick the man when he is down.

But as always they will fail and ronaldo, manchester united will be on top.

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:09 AM
keano's love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
You truly are a £#%&!ing gobshite.
you came to know about that now?

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:12 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:

There is some truth in this Marlo, Daniel Taylor is a red as well.

I reckon there is also an element of truth in the episode with Ronaldo but it probably was not as bad as made out. Im interested with the broadsheets' take on this whole affair. I would have thought it would have represented a good opportunity to make United look stupid and take Fergie down a peg or two however it seems as if they are all beginning to centre on Ronaldo. People, not just United fans, are flabbergasted by his arrogance.

The tabloids on the other hand continue to print sensationalist %@#$&!s without perspective which finds it's way on here too much.

LMC? You are a mentalist. You sound like an ex-boyfriend who has been cheated on saying your bird wasn't that fit anyway when everyone knows she was a stunner. Ronaldo overrated? Do me a favour.

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:14 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Its not an illustration of ronaldo's character. Its a subtle attempt at getting the united fans against ronaldo as they know that if ronaldo stays and united sign a couple of players then united will pretty much become unbeatable.

The subtle remarks about dressing sense, trying to give a "gangsta" or "rock band boy" look to ronaldo's image. I find it hardly amusing that ronaldo chose to wair a pair of jeans to the tribute. Dressing always should restricted by one thing. your comfortability.

Then there are subtle comparisons about rooney and ronaldo. As everyone knows, rooney is already on his way to legendary status at united and probably retire at united. They know one thing that even ardent ronaldo fans among united fans will get split when the word comes about rooney.

Ronaldo for all his #@&%!yness and arrogant knows when to open his mouth and when not to. He loves the attention that he gets. Its unbelievable that he will do anything childish which will ruin his image in front of media and press if not in front of sir bobby or other greats present.

And do you believe rooney and rio would be so affectionate towards ronaldo if ronaldo had done all this? especially rooney who loves the club, its history and heritage.

All the english media is doing now, is trying to kick the man when he is down.

He is not really down though is he Sharath? He has the two biggest clubs in the world fighting over him. The English press are just showing a bit of perspective imo. Ronaldo's behaviour at the minute is embarrassing tbh.

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:18 AM
redmike

Quote:

True, but i bet you'd be prepared to believe it if it was rooney marlo.

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:20 AM
redmike

Quote:

Paranoia alert!

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:22 AM
jem

Default I'm just surprised

the story didn't involve ronaldo tapping his watch (he got that from fergie by the way) and whistling to rooney to come and have a meeting with some agents from real.

I bet rooney would want to hear about that train. er.... the one with "got any carrots?" painted on the side.

anyway...

"ooh, ooh.... I bet united are happy there are headlines about ronaldo wanting to leave.... then they can make it look like the didn't really want to sell him..... ooh, ooh.". gosh, some people are on the ball. probably the same people who said suggestions we might have to sell ronaldo before the pik notes came calling were just scaremongering and we should wait and see.

ronaldo will never be as good on the pitch as he could be unless he gets a personality transplant from scholesy.

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:22 AM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
hard to see the journo taking a risk and making this up, after ronnie's win vs the sun, which raises the question why he is publishing now. as he says, he didn't (they didn't) publish at the time because they didn't want to piss united off. now, if united are genuinely trying to keep ronnie, as they claim, then the last thing they would want is for something like this to do the rounds amongst the fans. if, on the other hand, they're preparing to sell then this kind of story would suit them down to the ground. would the journo risk pissing united off now more than then? or would he have got a nod from fergie/gill/somebody to put this out?

looks like they may be preparing to sell to me.
£#%&!in ell Borsuk......didnt know you had that much cash

or are you an agent for Cracovia

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:23 AM
chorleyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike

to be fair I don't think he's saying he doesn't believe it, just that he thinks united have let this be put out

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:24 AM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:

I thought you were fed up of it all and wanted him out. I can't trust someones opinion which changes so frequently.

Re: The article - you have to look at it with a certain amount of cynicism given our history with the media and how this Ronaldo story is a media tea party. That said, it's definitely got a different feel, it's not an attack on the club. If anything it's testament to how important the club is historically, and how certain elements should never be disrespected. If it's true (we won't get a response from Ronnie) then he deserves to be flown over to madrid attached to the propellers.

Unread 21-06-2008, 11:24 AM
marlo stansfield

Quote:
Originally Posted by redmike
what are you on about abm?

i want ronaldo sold asap.

ive not been a fan of him since the whole thing started.

read up on my posts.
Closed Thread