United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Should Ole Gunnar Solskjær continue as manager of Manchester United?
Yes 48 67.61%
No 23 32.39%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 12-12-2020, 11:39 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
Equally pathetic when our fan base lays into our fan base.

It’s like there’s a weird narrative that the top reds are holding Ole’s dick up while the rest are biting his balls off.

Are football fans not allowed to be disappointed about their team being knocked out of the CL when we were favorites to win the group after the first 2 games?

We can’t defend or win a home game. We’re lucky to not be completely out of it at this point.
“Favourites after the first two games” fs, we were favourites to go out before a ball was kicked. No mention of who was manager before and after those two games? Or was it the players playing to their own tune and ignoring what ole said to get the wins ? Ole only comes into it when they draw or lose?

He’s had good moment and shit moments, but there is still a lot of shit running through the club. We are in a better place than when we were before he took over. He will have the end of the season because no manager will be sacked due to the financial constraints of Covid and Ed being a tight arse.

Honestly , having a go at him for being kicked out after being in a position we arguably had no right to be in (Beating last years finalists and semi finalists). A position that he put us in.

He did do well with his set up vs Leipzig and the sending off ruined the PSG game . But that’s what we are as a club, we need players , every game players make stupid silly decisions.the third goal lindelof messes up a pass , maguire doesn’t clear and de gea @#%&! out. That isn’t down to tactics. First two maybe AWB instructions were to stay close to CBs to close space.

It’s football , sometimes you change something and they go fantastic (like his change of 352 -and 442 diamond, both games we beat PSG and smashed Leipzig 5-1 or whatever it was. Other times it doesn’t. When you have the group of players we have , you will get inconsistent performances. We need signings.

Unread 12-12-2020, 11:50 AM
utd99

Our defence is still getting dragged too easily to one side of the pitch. The space vs Leipzig was shocking. We can all see it and it’s not a good sign.

Unread 12-12-2020, 12:24 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palmer
Love the guy.

We won't win a major trophy under him, he's not a top manager I'm not even sure if he's a decent one.
I thought it was his job to win trophies? very odd statement.

Unread 12-12-2020, 12:33 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
Was just about to rep for that stirring post you made earlier about you finally ditching the ghoul and joining the ole club. And then I see this...
From now! Had to wash my knickers first.

Unread 12-12-2020, 12:50 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Honestly , having a go at him for being kicked out after being in a position we arguably had no right to be in (Beating last years finalists and semi finalists). A position that he put us in.
I think the manager has some responsibility to play when you look back at the defending in Istanbul, the decision to keep Fred on against PSG, the defending against Leipzig and the horrible home record.

He wasn’t backed in the transfer market but at the same time the team shown what they were capable of against some of the best in Europe. The Champions league wasn’t a free hit and just because we started off well , it doesn’t mean it’s acceptable to throw it away.

It’s not about having a go, it’s about what happened. If you think it’s acceptable for United to go to some made up team in Turkey and defend like a team of kids, you’ve got no standards.

Unread 12-12-2020, 01:37 PM
Hank Scorpio

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Makes no odds whether he goes or stays or who is appointed or when they are moved on - As long as that dunderc*** wood**** is running the show, things will be much as they are.

Until a top of the range DoF is appointed and given the authority and resources to get the football club sorted utd will remain a nothing club fighting it out with the Leicesters and Southamptons for the top clubs leftovers.
This. Everything else is of no relevance. Until the structure of the football club is sorted out it doesn't matter who the manager is. We'll have endless repeating 18 month to 2 year cycles of almost getting somewhere.
If someone competent is allowed to do that job we can then sack managers as often as we want without ripping everything up and starting from scratch every time.

Unread 12-12-2020, 02:03 PM
Stickman

Being backed in the transfer market isn’t a silver bullet.

Unread 12-12-2020, 02:11 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Being backed in the transfer market isn’t a silver bullet.
I think what you mean is that not being backed in the transfer market is a silver bullet.

Especially if you are the manager of Wolves. Triply so if you're Wolfgang Wolf, manager of Wolfsburg.

Unread 12-12-2020, 02:28 PM
Tronics

He should def get until the end of the season regardless what happens

As much as I believe we can and should get a better quality coach in I don’t think they could make any miracles happen with this current crop of players. There’s a reason why 4 managers post SAF haven’t been able to achieve any meaningful sustained success with these players, they’re £#%&!ing shit.

Give Ole until end of season then when the new guy comes in first thing he can do is get rid of the likes of Lingard, Jones, Rojo, Fosu-Mensah, Mata and co too much deadwood

Unread 12-12-2020, 03:30 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
He should def get until the end of the season regardless what happens

As much as I believe we can and should get a better quality coach in I don’t think they could make any miracles happen with this current crop of players. There’s a reason why 4 managers post SAF haven’t been able to achieve any meaningful sustained success with these players, they’re £#%&!ing shit.

Give Ole until end of season then when the new guy comes in first thing he can do is get rid of the likes of Lingard, Jones, Rojo, Fosu-Mensah, Mata and co too much deadwood
You mean the two previous, proven managers that couldn’t get anything out of the players they chose to sign and retain?

Mata, ironically from the Moyes days, has proved to be one of our more useful players this season.

Unread 12-12-2020, 05:50 PM
ZiggyStardust

He won’t be sacked any time soon and nor should he be

Those decisions are for when the season is effectively over or if it’s gotten completely toxic or he loses 6 straight games or something but that’s not going to happen

Personally I remain to be convinced
He’s done some good things but after two years in charge we still can’t get any consistency in performance and team selection
Players don’t look like they know what they are doing most of time which makes me think Ole should have assembled a better coaching staff instead of this jobs for boys one we got

If there isn’t significant improvement on these areas come the end of the season then we need to move on
Unfortunately if Woody is still deciding who the next manager is then we’re going nowhere

Unread 12-12-2020, 08:56 PM
red in cumbria

Today was indeed a non event, but that alone is enough for him to keep my support - for now.

Unread 12-12-2020, 09:20 PM
ScarFace

It's gone beyond wanting him sacked now. I want him in prison for life.

Unread 12-12-2020, 09:49 PM
Medlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
It's gone beyond wanting him sacked now. I want him in prison for life.

Unread 12-12-2020, 09:50 PM
AK14

Didn't have Heath down as an Ole outer

Unread 12-12-2020, 10:41 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Didn't have Heath down as an Ole outer
we are legion.

Unread 12-12-2020, 10:46 PM
dragflick

State of that No list About 5 games between them..

Unread 12-12-2020, 10:48 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
State of that No list About 5 games between them..

Unread 12-12-2020, 11:18 PM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
How many match goers percentage wise do you think are Ole Out?

Unread 12-12-2020, 11:23 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
How many match goers percentage wise do you think are Ole Out?
Hard to say tbh. There’s obviously more to it than Solskjaer.

How many season ticket holders do you think would be happy with our home record?
Closed Thread