United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-12-2020, 10:37 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
I reckon they’ll just have enough to retain the title tbh

If we’d have gone big in the summer I think we’d have won it but as it is I can see us falling just short along with Spurs.
Their home form is ridiculous... but they’re not so great away. Teams are turning up beaten there now. I’m not taking anything away from them, but Leicester and Wolves went there in good form and just absolutely folded. No fight, no belief, no nothing.

Contrast with their away games and team are at least having a go at them - Everton and Brighton have taken points off them, City were a missed pen from beating them and of course they shipped 7 at villa.

In fact, don’t they only have 1 away win all season? It might be 2, I’m not sure.

Unread 07-12-2020, 10:45 AM
NedKelly

Can’t put too much into how managers are but Mourinho is absolutely loving Spurs imo - I called it when he first went there. The team Pochettino left behind for him is very Mou-esque; strong and physical players all across the pitch, they were playing similar football to what Mourinho has his teams playing by the end of Pochettino’s tenure and to me Kane is the perfect player for Mourinho to rely on. We also know he loves being the underdog; I agree with those who say he failed here because we’re expected to win things (and because our squad was legit shit).

Klopp, on the other hand, has looked rattled and close to snapping multiple times this season already. Sure, they might be joint top, but I get more positive vibes from Mourinho. Just need Kane and Son to stay fit

Sort of want to see the Arsenal meltdown if Spurs did it. Hey

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:20 AM
Ethers

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:30 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 07-12-2020, 11:49 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers

Unread 07-12-2020, 01:36 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Looking forward to the Athetic's next 2000-word take on Arteta's genius

Arsenal put in 33 crosses in last week’s recent defeat by Wolves. Speaking after the game, Arteta attempted to frame that as a positive. “I think it’s the first time in the Premier League that we put 33 crosses,” he said. “I’m telling you that if we do that more consistently we are going to score more goals. If we put the bodies we had in certain moments in the box, it’s maths, pure maths and it will happen.”

After the derby defeat, Arteta’s maths does not appear to add up. Arsenal have now accumulated the third most crosses in the Premier League with 225. When it comes to crossing accuracy, they rank 18th, finding their man with just under 17 per cent of their deliveries. This does not appear indicative of an effective strategy, but Arteta seems unrepentant. “In terms of the performance they did everything that I asked them to do,” he told his post-match press conference. “We played the way I believe we had to play this game.

He’s even got big Roundy on the coaching staff

Unread 07-12-2020, 03:19 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Arsenal put in 33 crosses in last week’s recent defeat by Wolves. Speaking after the game, Arteta attempted to frame that as a positive. “I think it’s the first time in the Premier League that we put 33 crosses,” he said. “I’m telling you that if we do that more consistently we are going to score more goals. If we put the bodies we had in certain moments in the box, it’s maths, pure maths and it will happen.”

After the derby defeat, Arteta’s maths does not appear to add up. Arsenal have now accumulated the third most crosses in the Premier League with 225. When it comes to crossing accuracy, they rank 18th, finding their man with just under 17 per cent of their deliveries. This does not appear indicative of an effective strategy, but Arteta seems unrepentant. “In terms of the performance they did everything that I asked them to do,” he told his post-match press conference. “We played the way I believe we had to play this game.

Pure Maths

We had 25 shots from 40 yards out. It’s a matter of time. Don’t believe me? Maths, #@&%!! 👊

Unread 07-12-2020, 03:45 PM
utd99

Talked about “dominating” the game as well. These are supposed to be the highest level football thinkers. You could have 95% of the possession and still get battered.

Unread 07-12-2020, 03:48 PM
Jack Duckworth

it really pisses me off seeing mourniho happy at spurs after the dour @#%&! spent all of his time with us sulking like a fat bird who got to the chippy 5 minutes after closing time.

Unread 07-12-2020, 05:10 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
it really pisses me off seeing mourniho happy at spurs after the dour @#%&! spent all of his time with us sulking like a fat bird who got to the chippy 5 minutes after closing time.
He’ll find a way to £#%&! it up, no worries. Best guess: Kane and/or Son get injured, they go on a three game losing streak, Mou starts slagging off Ndombele or Moura again.

Unread 07-12-2020, 05:34 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
In fact, don’t they only have 1 away win all season? It might be 2, I’m not sure.
They certainly won at Chelsea which looks an even better result now, also Sheffield United possibly?

Unread 07-12-2020, 06:25 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
They certainly won at Chelsea which looks an even better result now, also Sheffield United possibly?
Maybe. Honestly can’t remember. Point is that there is a definite contrast there. Teams need to go at them more at Anfield.

Unread 07-12-2020, 06:32 PM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Clearly applied maths rather than pure maths

Unread 08-12-2020, 12:09 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Maybe. Honestly can’t remember. Point is that there is a definite contrast there. Teams need to go at them more at Anfield.
Sheffield United was actually at Anfield, so yes Chelsea is the only one (though out of just five games so far tbf)

Unread 08-12-2020, 01:06 PM
Time For Heroes

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Chelsea were down to 10 men early there too,
Closed Thread