United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-04-2018, 06:46 PM
saffers

Default Champions league football confirmed for next season

Nobody noticed. Good sign.

First time back to back in the CL since the fergie years.. Feels signficant.

Time to aim higher now the stability is back. Trust the process.

Unread 29-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Cream

Not just squeezed in either.

Mourinho still has the bit between his teeth. Has proved himself once more.

#gaffer

Unread 29-04-2018, 06:56 PM
Jack Duckworth

#progress

Unread 29-04-2018, 06:59 PM
red in cumbria

#winning

Unread 29-04-2018, 07:00 PM
andyroo

#placing

Unread 29-04-2018, 07:00 PM
Sparky***

Out-spent by City, Chelsea, Liverpool and Everton.

Finished above all but one of them.

Can't argue with that. 6th to 2nd is a hell of a leap in a single season.

We can be better next season but we need the rest of our league to stand up and be counted against City if we're going to over throw them. There's not much we can do if they go and win 33 out of 38 games again. Perfect example there today against West Ham, you wouldn't think West Ham could possibly still be relegated the way they went about the game today, total abject surrender.

Now compare that to what we'll get when we go there next Thursday.

Unread 29-04-2018, 07:39 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
#progress
Solid album, not as good as the circus though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

We can be better next season but we need the rest of our league to stand up and be counted against City if we're going to over throw them. There's not much we can do if they go and win 33 out of 38 games again. Perfect example there today against West Ham, you wouldn't think West Ham could possibly still be relegated the way they went about the game today, total abject surrender.

Boom.

Unread 29-04-2018, 08:23 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

First time back to back in the CL since the fergie years.. Feels signficant.

Time to aim higher now the stability is back. Trust the process.
second place all but confirmed too big leap from last year

just need to win the Cup now and relegate West £#%&!ing Ham and @#%&!face Moyes

Unread 29-04-2018, 08:58 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

Last time we had a chance to do that it was our champions end of season celebration match (can’t remember which year) and we completely let those £#%&!ers off - convinced it was a big Sam fergie pre match agreement. Was gutted - the amount of glee when we lost the league there and knuckle dragging shit we’ve had off that club (beckham effigies etc) and we went easy on them rather than relegate them just because we wanted to enjoy ourselves.

Still angry about it now.

Unread 29-04-2018, 09:00 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC

Not gonna happen i think. huddersfield's run in is just £#%&!ing awful

Unread 29-04-2018, 09:07 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers

mourinho even mentioned it in his post-match interview. along with the fact that we need 4 points to secure second.

we had a squad good enough win the league. nobody noticed.

Unread 29-04-2018, 09:12 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Last time we had a chance to do that it was our champions end of season celebration match (can’t remember which year) and we completely let those f***ers off - convinced it was a big Sam fergie pre match agreement. Was gutted - the amount of glee when we lost the league there and knuckle dragging shit we’ve had off that club (beckham effigies etc) and we went easy on them rather than relegate them just because we wanted to enjoy ourselves.

yep I was fuming too (think Alan £#%&!ing Smith hit the bar but that was nearest we came to scoring)....was a carve up nqat paved the way for signing Tevez

Unread 29-04-2018, 09:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

mourinho even mentioned it in his post-match interview. along with the fact that we need 4 points to secure second.

Really, did we?

We had a squad good enough to finish above a City team that are going to amass 100 points, is that what you're seriously suggesting?

That we realistically were good enough to go toe to toe over a 38 game season with a team who have a bench full of 50m subs whilst we look to Rashford, Lingard and The Scottish Player on ours? Is that what you're saying?

That this squad could have done something no other manchester United side in history have done, even when we had all the best players and the best manager?.... that it could have broken records, namely winning 34 out of 38 games off the back of finishing 6th, 7th, and 5th in the last 4 years? Just so i'm clear?

Because if that is what you're saying then not only are you the most daft devil's advocate playing plank on here but you're also mental and have an understanding of the game of football akin to a #@&%!er spaniel.

Unread 29-04-2018, 09:31 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

This year!? arse fudge pal.

What sparky said.

Unread 29-04-2018, 11:01 PM
Zorg

Quote:

Mark Noble on MOTD basically said there was absolutely nothing they could do. 'They've done it to far better teams than us'.
Following his manager's lead. No mention of Wigan or Bristol.

Unread 29-04-2018, 11:09 PM
sa7

Quote:
Last time we had a chance to do that it was our champions end of season celebration match (can’t remember which year) and we completely let those £#%&!ers off - convinced it was a big Sam fergie pre match agreement. Was gutted - the amount of glee when we lost the league there and knuckle dragging shit we’ve had off that club (beckham effigies etc) and we went easy on them rather than relegate them just because we wanted to enjoy ourselves.

Tbf, we were saving ourselves for the upcoming cup final.

Also Colin £#%&!er got relegated with Sheff U so that was quite funny,

Unread 29-04-2018, 11:10 PM
jem

Quote:
Really, did we?

We had a squad good enough to finish above a City team that are going to amass 100 points, is that what you're seriously suggesting?

That we realistically were good enough to go toe to toe over a 38 game season with a team who have a bench full of 50m subs whilst we look to Rashford, Lingard and The Scottish Player on ours? Is that what you're saying?

That this squad could have done something no other manchester United side in history have done, even when we had all the best players and the best manager?.... that it could have broken records, namely winning 34 out of 38 games off the back of finishing 6th, 7th, and 5th in the last 4 years? Just so i'm clear?

Because if that is what you're saying then not only are you the most daft devil's advocate playing plank on here but you're also mental and have an understanding of the game of football akin to a #@&%!er spaniel.
so city have the best team ever? ok.

I disagree.

I would also piss on your leg.

Unread 29-04-2018, 11:10 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Mark Noble on MOTD basically said there was absolutely nothing they could do. 'They've done it to far better teams than us'.
Following his manager's lead. No mention of Wigan or Bristol.
Self fulfilling prophecy. “This lot are so good lads we can’t hope to compete”

Then they inevitably get walloped.

“Well we told you”

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
so city have the best team ever? ok.

I disagree.

I would also piss on your leg.
Textbook Jem everyone. Avoid the key point, say something else stupid.

I’m not saying City are the best team ever. I’m saying they’re going to amass more points than anyone else has ever in this league. You’re suggesting United could have finished above them, which is just nonsense.

Unread 29-04-2018, 11:19 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Last time we had a chance to do that it was our champions end of season celebration match (can’t remember which year) and we completely let those £#%&!ers off - convinced it was a big Sam fergie pre match agreement
Remember his doing one of those with Jim Smith at Derby back in the day, too

Unread 29-04-2018, 11:23 PM
MagnificentSeven

it's not been a classic united season but finishing 2nd and winning the cup would hardly be a disaster. it's clear as day that we've made progress under jose and he's got us headed in the right direction. now for him to show us what he can really do, and make us into genuine title contenders. over to you, jose.
Closed Thread