United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-05-2007, 02:10 AM
punk_football

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
EDIT: Just noticed I said the same thing as punkfootball. Well, it must be true then.
Great minds n all

Unread 08-05-2007, 03:32 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

I think steve bruce started out well in management and then turned shit. I dont doubt keane will do well, but on the other hand i think it's a bit early to say he's going to be great.

You have to finish top 5 in the premier league on a regular basis to be credited with good management. Lets just see how he makes out.

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:17 AM
celtbion

I don't think anyone is suggesting that Roy Keane could take over from Ferguson now, are they?

Fergie will do another two seasons I reckon, hopefully catch the start of a fourth great team with Ronaldo, Rossi, Rooney, Evans, Vidic, Foster and then hand over the reins to a suitable manager who knows what this club is about.

Given the number of ex-Utd men plying their wares to some success at a high level right now, it would be foolish to look too far beyond them as they know what an Old Trafford crowd wants in a football team.

I'd be open-minded about the right sort of foreign coach coming in, but we have some good candidates who'd jump at the chance of becoming Utd manager.

My own prediction is that Keane will be the front-runner when the time comes and would offer a seamless transition. He's of similar character and has his Sunderland team playing in a very similar mould to Utd.

He will have to pass muster in the Premiership first though.

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:21 AM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
You have to finish top 5 in the premier league on a regular basis to be credited with good management. Lets just see how he makes out.
I wouldn't agree with that. Sure, we wouldn't want a Benitez or a Mourinho and that leaves Wenger or Jol?

Utd will have to cast the net a bit further than that.

I'd say we should be ok as Ferguson will probably be asked to choose his own successor this time around.

Unread 08-05-2007, 09:56 AM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Or shown that he is capable of man managing a group of highly paid egomaniacs. or shown that he has an eye for a player, he was the one who recomme
If he carries on taking shit from the depths of Nial Quinn's management and leading them to the top of the Championship he wont have to deal with egotistical millionaires, hell just get rid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
when you say fletch played out of his skin, you mean he accidentally scored and did £#%&! all else.
Closed Thread